Chapter 38 – Peter – Laredo City Part V
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Peter finally reached the deal with Hugo only after one hour discussion. The result was Hugo’s people would provide intel and assistance to Peter’s squad. In return, Allen was sacrificed. Well, it was a good thing for him. Peter acted like big brother like a father to Allen and made simple engagement with Emma. The point was Allen didn’t make a commotion either since Emma’s appearance was acceptable to him although she seemed to have a very lively personality.

After the news about the city mayor participating in a criminal gang specially targeting young children was spread with evidence to everyone in the dining hall by Hugo, they were all enraged greatly. It is a great sin and an unacceptable thing to target young children. After all, who doesn’t have younger siblings or young children in the family. They don’t want to see these things happening around them. Even several informer bought by the city mayor were greatly angered by that news. Although they might choose money and sold out unimportant news of the gang to cronies of city mayor, they felt that they should not break the bottom line of being a human being. So, they chose to forget about these news and existences of people who were going to target the city mayor tactically.

Only after having lunch, Peter and his squad came out of the grill house. However, it was no longer the squad of seven men. It became a squad of eight with seven men and a woman. Now, Peter was greatly having headaches looking at Emma holding the hand of Allen and twittering on the side like a love bird. Moreover, they would have to take care of her safety too. She seemed purely a burden to them. They are going to do it tonight because Hugo provided necessary information to them already. Peter had a plan already. They needed someone to stay behind to guard the item which would serve as communication server and signal tower at the same time. It is just a small box which looks like a music box. But their armors don’t have a place for it and they couldn’t just carry it all the time either unless they made attached armor at someone’s back for that small box. So, Peter decided to leave Allen and Emma at the outside with that box. Since that box has nearly ten miles in effective service range, they don’t need to worry about someone attacking Allen and Emma anymore. Moreover, Allen is not an easy going guy either.

The day quickly passed and the sun went down again. Members of families have already got back to their homes from jobs with the end of another busy day and they are either eating dinner or enjoying their family time together at this moment as usual. City mayor Joseh’s family was no exception. Joseh who was already stepping into his late sixties returned to his home after a long tired working day. Although he is already over sixties, he looks still strong. He felt that being a city mayor was too hard because he always had to deal with foolish pigs in municipal council although it did bring great rights and benefits to him. Only after entering this class, he came into contact with secret things. He once who only believed in the Lord of Bright Church had changed his mind since he got together with those mages. From them, he got unimaginable things. His already aging body regained youthful vitality which he had already given up. So, old wife at home seemed no longer fragrant. All of these, he only had to pay a little things to get them. Joseh sat on the chair in the study room and smiled faintly while looking at the video he took this morning with his phone. On the screen, a man and a beautiful blonde was fighting hard in a big room. The male actor is Joseh himself and the female is his recently hired new secretary. Joseh turned off his phone, leaned back on the chair, closed his eyes and fell into thoughts. He really enjoys this youthful body but he is now facing a troublesome thing. Because time has come again and he has to prepare one or two children to those mages so he can get potions and trust of the organization. But the problem is things are not easy to do in this city which is solely dominated by a gang. If that gang is a normal underworld gang which can be solved with money and benefits, things wouldn’t be that troublesome. Unfortunately, Iron hands gang is an exception which can’t be bought. Now, he is in a dilemma because people who usually did dirty jobs for him was scrapped and sent into prison to solve a waste targeted by organization two months ago. Due to his contribution, he was pardoned for two months supply so he could find someone to do things for him again during this period. But he forgot that he was in Laredo, a dead place for criminals. Although he still has cronies in police department, these people will not do kidnapping for him even if they’re ordered due to the existence of Iron hands gang. It resulted him in lack of chess pieces who could be used. Furthermore, he couldn’t operate in other counties and cities either because of strict organization rules.

Just when Joseh was in trouble, a big container truck was silently and slowly approaching the neighborhood of elites where Joseh live. Inside the container, seven men in heavy armors without head gears were checking their gears and a beauty was walking around and touching the armors here and there with her small hands curiously. It was Peter’s squad and Emma. Since she saw them in their full gears, stars in her eyes never dissipated. Although Emma is around 170cm tall, comparing with 190cm tall guys in their armors which made them taller several centimeters directly, she seemed pretty small.

Peter helplessly said, “Miss Emma, could you please stop doing that? Allen is going to stay with you when we went out and you can do whatever you want to him at that time. We are going to fight, okay? Please be serious a bit.”

Everyone regretted about bringing Emma with them. But they really got a lot of helps due to Emma. For example, the big truck they are now riding was taken out by someone under Hugo. Driver who is driving it also came from Hugo. There are also guys who would create trouble to incoming police reinforcements so they would not arrive in time. Now, all they got to do was just to solve guards protecting the mayor and nearby patrol units who would arrive as soon as they heard gunshots. If they decided to silence everyone on the way, they might not have to consider about these things. But who made them to come from police background. They don’t want to make those police families to lose their husbands and fathers inexplicably.

Soon, the truck slowly stopped 300 meters away from Joseh’s house. As soon as the truck stopped moving, Peter opened the container door and jumped out. His men also got out one by one. They were all in fully enclosed armors which were sprayed black. Then, Emma also got out of the container. After breathing the fresh air, Emma looked at sank soil under the guys and said, “How heavy are these armors?”

But nobody gave the answer. It was not because they didn’t want to but they simply didn’t hear anything due to their fully enclosed head gears. Now, they are communicating with their wireless mics and earphones. Magically, although their armors have unique ability of absorbing physical and energy forces acting on them, wireless mics and earphones produced by Titan group is still working fine as if nothing effected them. Earphones are convenient since they just need to put them on. However, how they put the coin size wireless mics inside the head gear is pretty funny. They simply glued them inside the head gear at the place near their mouths. Peter felt that he could discuss these problems with Nsak well when he went back.

Six armored men walked across the pasture towards the house of city mayor Joseh. Due to the absence of light, quiet neighborhood and color of the armors, no one noticed them all the way. Everything went smoothly until they reached to the target villa. Then, they faced the first problem, the wall. They couldn’t just jump over it so they brought C4 to blow up the wall directly. That is also why they prepared to face the big trouble. They think that a big trouble of fighting with reinforcements is better than dying in stray bullets.

0