Chapter 41 – Peter – Laredo City Part VIII
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pap!

A suppressed gunshot sounded in the quiet barn. It didn’t even spread out of it. Peter moved away the muzzle of the big gun in hands from the falling corpse. Mixture of dark red blood and white brains slowly came out from the opened hole in the head. Everyone at the scene moved their eyes away from it. Peter nodded at Ben and walked towards Red Judge who was operating the video cameras. The latter gave an okay gesture. Only then, Peter removed the fully enclosed head gear and moved his neck slightly. The other guys also removed their head gears and started talking as they slowly removed their armor parts one by one. Allen and Emma also came in. While Allen went to his squad, Emma ran towards the corpse and spatted a mouthful of saliva with a curse.

Red judge couched down and tried to lift the front breast plate removed by Ronald. He failed to lift it with one hand. Only with two hands, he succeeded. He made a simple approximation that entire front breast plate seemed to be around 60~70 kg. And that was just upper layer. Red judge was really surprised. Although he understood that these guys were wearing real metal armor, he didn’t expect that things would be really that heavy. After a simple calculation, he was really amazed by the fact that entire set of armor might weigh around 250~300 kg. These guys are simply nonhuman to run around while wearing these heavy armors entire time. Moreover, they are not even sweating. Red judge felt like hell and he asked Ronald who was nearest to him, “How do you make that?”

Ronald was pushing the connection mechanism on his leg guard to separate the two parts at that time. And, he asked back with confusion, “Make what?”

Red judge tried to lift another part of armor and asked again with clear purpose, “I mean, your entire set of armor must be weighing around 200 to 300 kg, right? How can you guys run around while wearing them all the time?”

Ronald put down the another separated part and replied without looking up, “We are different. We are specially trained to adapt with high intensity training with heavy weights. You’re right. Entire set of armor weighs nearly 300 kg. But it’s not a big deal to us. At most, it just makes us feeling like carrying a backpack during high school days. We are stronger, faster, better and have great stamina.”

Then, he dropped the last two gauntlets and smiled slightly at curious middle age man in front of him. And he said, “Although our captain introduced us as mercenaries, I would like to be called as knights. We are mobile tanks so don’t be surprised about us wearing these heavy armors and still walking around well.”

Red judge fell into a daze. Ronald even made a pose to show his muscles before he put his things back into storage bag. Although Red judge witnessed the entire thing of them muttering unknown prayers before a small statue of a man mysteriously, he still couldn’t help and asked aloud foolishly, “What’s that? Legendary storage space in novels?”

It brought back the sense of Peter and his squad. Peter patted his forehead and said annoyingly, “Damn, we forgot to let him out.”

Peter who was in the set of black leather clothing walked to Red judge and asked like a professional salesman, “Friend, do you want to become one like us? Do you wish to find the glory of Gods? Do you want to experience the extraordinary life?”

The latter twitched and regained his composure. He looked at Peter and asked, “Do I have a choice?”

Peter stretched out his right hand and said, “We are going to be a family.”

Red judge calmly shook Peter’s hand and said with expectant, “Not a bad deal it seems.”

Peter walked back to operate the computer which he just opened and said, “Of course, you will find out in the future that you had made a correct choice today and feel fortunate. Since you joined our big family, you are going to receive a lot of good things and supports from the guild. As for detail information about us, you can ask that talkative guy called Ronald.”

Looking at the sudden situation, Emma asked Allen, “What just happened?”

Allen took out two chocolate bars from his space bag, handed one over to Emma and gave her the answer calmly while tearing the wrapping paper on chocolate bar, “Oh, it is just that we forgot to keep the secrecy rule and let a normal person knew about some strange things.”

Emma looked at the small space bag enviously and said, “When will I also get a space bag like yours? It looks really cool and super convenient. With it, I will be able to run around with a portable room full of various snacks and drinks. That would be super cool.”

Allen who was biting the chocolate bar was greatly confused by the sudden topic jumping of Emma. He felt that he could not get in touch with female’s thinking. But it was only a moment of confusion in a daze and he continued minding on chocolate bar in his hand again.

Peter closed the laptop, put the things back into space ring neatly and greeted other people, “Guys, we need to go right now and proceed to the next place for alibi.”

They got into two pickup trucks parked at the outside and left the ranch quickly. As for the bearded truck driver, he stayed behind at the ranch to clean up the crime scene with ranch owner. Red Judge drove the front pickup and acted as the guide. After driving for five or seven minutes, they reached to their destination. It is a spacious space beside a creek. A group of 10 or 15 bikers were having the bonfire party at that time. Their motorbikes were parked in a place while the group was sitting around three bonfires and having fun. Several guys were also busying with fishing rods. But there was nothing which looked like fish at the scene. It didn’t matter to bikers because they brought foods by themselves. Some brought fried chicken and french fries. Some brought pizzas. Some brought burgers and various grills. When two pickups parked near their bikes and familiar dude in cowboy suit came down, they whistled and greeted warmly. Obviously, they were the guys arranged by Hugo according to Peter’s plan for perfect alibi. After all, which idiot in blue suit would find trouble with their gang when the infamous little princess was also at the scene.

As Peter expected, a patrol unit stopped by at their place after another hour later. But they didn’t dare to do too much. After asking about what they were doing and how long it had already been, the cops got into their car and left the scene quickly. They didn’t have guts to act toughly too much with the gang and they also had other places to inspect. They felt that the famous gang in their city would not do such thing like attacking the high ranking government official like city mayor. After all, Iron hands gang is known for their peace like nature. However, even if they acted toughly and inspected everyone at the scene, they might not find out anything special either. At most, they would only get an information that the princess of Iron hands gang got engaged with someone and they were having a party.

Inhabitants of Laredo city couldn’t sleep early tonight. They either continued to watch to news or be active in internet while discussing about what happened to their unfortunate city mayor. However, a video popped at half past ten in various forums and major websites. It bombed the whole internet because the missing city mayor was killed at the end of the video. The entire video only lasted three minutes and the mayor was answering to mysterious people to the last second. The one which alarmed everyone was not only due to the death of mayor but also because of the explosive information the mayor talked. Although things still lacked strong evidences, it didn’t stop the viewers to share it around and started searching about the things talked in the video. No one wants their children to become the next victims. Many people were scared and horrified tonight. Especially, people mentioned with the names by deceased mayor got scared and angry. They were afraid that their safety couldn’t be guaranteed anymore since someone broke the rules and started to kill directly.

0