Chapter 6.2
771 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reaching the guild Mord quickly found a mature redhead with wolf-like ears on top of her head “Rose-chan marry me!”

 

The werewolf? Wolf beastking? I didn’t really remember the name of her race… Rose gave Mord an unamused glare before her eyes flashed to my own cast and Scott’s missing arm “I see you’re still being greedy mister Latro, how many times have I told you not to delve too deep without a bigger group?”

 

“Come on Rose don’t be like that”

 

“Enough, if you’re not gonna hear my advice the least you could do is not waste my time” she snorted but there was a glint of pain on her eyes that said she cared far more than she was showing “And who’s the new party member, I have never seen him before?”

 

“Roland Synclair miss and I’m not really registered with the guild yet” I told her earning some odd looks from all four of them.

 

“I see, I see” she said and I swear I saw a vein pulsating on her forehead, she calmly rolled the documents on her hand into a tight cylinder and wiped her arm around hitting Mord in the face with her new weapon “What the hell are you doing bringing an unregistered adventurer in the dungeon!” 

 

“I had nothing to do with it!” Mord protested as he tried to shield himself from the enraged receptionist “We found him already in Rivira and just gave him a ride to the surface!”

 

“And you, what were you doing down there” her cold eyes froze me in place, damn she was hot.

 

“My Familia was playing a prank on me” Thank god I remembered the excuse I had used before, it had worked well enough and no way was I telling them I sprouted from the dungeon like some kind of humanoid monster.

 

It was my turn to get hit with her rolled up papers “If you’re not gonna tell the truth at least make up a better lie!”

 

I scratched at the place she hit me and looked at the party with confusion but they just shrugged “Yeah we didn’t buy the prank thing too but, as long as you did your job as a porter we weren’t going to pry”

 

Great it seems I’m a terrible liar.

 

“Here” Rose told me as she handed me a sheet of paper “Fill this up, get your god to sign it and bring it back to me tomorrow”

 

“Ah, is the god’s signature really necessary?”

 

Rose gave me another glare and shook her head in exasperation when she saw I was being serious “Yes, just so you know the guild can’t stop you from entering the dungeon but we won’t buy any lot from you or give you any quests if you aren’t registered, I highly suggest you fill that up”

 

Half an hour later I left the guild 65 thousand valis richer, Mord and his party were going to sell the Vouivre’s drops apart but they had enough money to pay my 10% out of their own pockets.

 

Night had started to fall on Orario, the party invited me to stay with them at the Ogma familia’s house but I declined, I had never heard of Ogma before but as a god he was probably some kind of asshole.

 

Orario was well illuminated at night, there was light coming from inside almost every house and the streets were filled with tall lamps which used monster cores instead of electricity to generate light.

 

 The sky still wasn’t pitch black yet and I kept to the wider streets filled with adventurers so I didn’t have any problems and people were relaxed, walking around without any worries, it seems like things really were kept safe.

 

They weren’t even watching their coin pouch.

 

Looking around I briefly wondered if Bell was already in the city, had I arrived years before the start of the story? Years later?

 

Reaching one of Orario’s main streets I had a clear view of the giant wall that encircled the city, second only to Babel itself the wall rose above the city making me fell like a titan would soon start bashing his body against it.

 

Not completely impossible with the dungeon here but very unlikely.

 

My stomach gave a growl of protest causing the few people walking around me to give me strange looks, I had been eating frequently but, with all the healing potions in my body I was burning energy at an alarming rate and it left me starving.

 

Asking around, it turns out the Hostess of fertility was actually the closest place to grab a meal, I made sure to ask various people to make sure but everyone I talked to said it was a little expensive but had good food and drink.

 

Plus, if Ryuu was already working there I could find out at what point in the timeline I arrived without being too suspicious.

 

It was also a good place to ask for somewhere to stay the night, I didn’t really like that someone would know where I was staying and, from what I remember, the girls there were too strong to bother with a lone level 1.

 

The pub seemed to be bursting with activity, it’s lights were on and I could hear loud laugher from inside with a constant stream of clients walking in and out of the building looking satisfied and not too drunk.

 

Pushing the doors open I stepped into the room and looked around for a table or corner I could sit, the pub was almost full but there was an entire empty table by a corner and a few spots at the counter.

 

It left me feeling a little too open but, since I was alone, I sat down at the bar and gave a polite smile to the waitress in front of me, a human girl with bluish grey hair who seemed to be staring at me with an expression that seemed both baffled and… a little afraid?.

 

“Do you have a menu or something?” I asked after a second or two when her stare started to make me uncomfortable.

 

A shiver ran down my spine and I suddenly felt like a mouse being starred at by an entire clowder of cats.

 

Briefly glancing back I saw two cat girls frowning at me from across the room, their eyes narrowed to slits and shinning with a predatory light, one of them was even gently caressing a kitchen knife.

 

A mug hit the counter in front of me with unnecessary force splashing me with ale and almost making me jump, turning around I saw a huge dwarf woman glaring , her arm bigger than my tight.

 

“You’re new around here” she said while handing me a menu and putting an arm around the waitress, her bulging muscles clear for all to see “How do you know dear Syr?”

 

“I don’t?” I swallowed and said, my voice full of confusion, a drop of sweat slowly running down my face.

 

“Hrumph, back to work with you now” The dwarf snorted and pushed her employee away from me, I tried to open the menu but she swiped it out of my hand “I’ll get you a soup, you seen like you need a soup”

 

I watched as she walked back to the kitchen, I wanted to tell her I didn’t like soup but I had started to feel yet another glare at my back and didn’t dare open my mouth.

 

What the hell was that, I had never been in Orario before, fuck I had never been in this world before there’s no way a random girl recognized me.

 

If I remember correctly the waitresses at the pub were all fairly strong former adventurer, did she have some kind of skill that triggered when looking at me? And why the hell would it cause such reaction?

 

Wait, in norse mythology Loki could shapeshift, had I already gotten his attention after saving those elves? But then why the fear?

 

Shaking my head again I looked at the mug of ale and shrugged before starting to drink. Before long a green haired elf brought me my soup her eyes narrowed in suspiciousness as she served me.

 

Ryuu Lion looked exactly as I thought she would, she was a petite woman with delicate but sharp features, her skin was pale but it didn’t look unhealthy.

 

“Thanks” I sighed as I tried to avoid her angry eyes.

 

Didn’t Ryuu kill a lot of people before retiring?

 

Swallowing hard I forced myself to take a sip of the soup, I was surprised when it actually tasted pretty good, diving into my food I lost track of things around me as I satiated my growing hunger.

 

“Hey I want a refill here!” I was almost finished with my meal when a tall man hit my cast with an elbow and shouted in my ear.

 

Ugh, this is why I prefer to sit with my back against a wall.

 

Turning to glare at the drunken idiot I meet the eyes of the grey haired werewolf and spewed soup all over his tattooed face.

 

Face soaking wet Bete Loga stared at me in confusion for a second before what happened truly registered, loud laughter burst out from the Loki familia’s table as I saw a vein starting to throb on Bete’s forehead.

 

Fuck I forgot they came here often to party! Goddamnit had the waitress called them?

 

“Why you…” Bete growled almost beyond words, grabbing me by the shirt I couldn’t resist his strength as he lifted me up with one hand “How dared a weakling like… gha!”

 

In my defense I wasn’t really thinking straight, despite my best efforts I was still feeling on edge from fighting in the dungeon and meeting the Loki familia was an unexpected and unwelcome surprise.

 

Worse, as Bete’s lifted me up and started shouting into my face my mind flashed back to the man chocking me and shouting inside the dungeon

 

Our eyes meet for a brief moment, then my own eye spun into the mangekyou on instinct and I sent him the pain illusion I had crafter earlier while trying to grab for my sword.

 

The illusion broke almost instantaneously, his level far too high for it to last even a full second but it still had an effect.

 

Grabbing at his face Bete grunted in surprise and threw me away sending my body flying through the pub, hitting my head against the wooden wall I blacked out.

 

A shout to Xhaustedhero and AkumaSmaG for supporting my work!

If you like my work take a look at my other novels Reincarnated into a H World A NSFW fanfic thats not just smut. Reincarnated as supergirl is a DC/YJ fanfic and Welcome to the system is my only original novel which I am getting back into writing. they are getting updated at least once every two days at the moment

Also, think about giving me a tip if you have some spare valis and like my work, the Patreon button is right there at the end of the chapter.

34