48. Universe at war? Nah, it’s at peace
1.4k 9 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Friday, 6th January.

The sky was still overcast and the sun hadn't come out but the bodies had all been burned to ashes. Robin just stood by as the bodies disintegrated and burnt quite a bit of grass from the garden. The snow made sure that the fire didn't spread out and everything was safe, though it didn't really matter even if the whole mansion was brought down. It was made of blood money anyways.

"Sigret, did you handle the families of the deceased?"

"Yes, the families of the secret service live in top level security but most of them lead unhappy lives. I just told them that their husbands had been sent to a secret mission and would return soon. The family of the high ranking officials will be moved to another location where they will be executed by the firing squad."

"Is everyone responsible for dirty work? What about their kids?"

"Everyone has their hands red or they have done something that led to death somewhere. Their kids have all grown up. Some of the kids are clean and they will be spared, but some will be taken with the family and will vanish from all the books forever." Robin sighed hearing this. The corruption and power had run so deep that almost nobody was clean.

"What about the military?"

"Everything is in order. JARVIS had handled it quite well."

"By the way, I heard about satellites being launched by North Korea. Was it a success?"

"Nope, 5 attempts. 5 failures. This is what happens when you name a satellite from some bullshit poem."

Robin just shook her head in that. He didn't expect that even after such a long time of claiming to have satellites in orbit, it was a failure in the end. The Bastions had already done its job and were now standing in front of Robin awaiting further orders.

"Turn yourself into tanks and defend the mansion."

*Beep* *Boop*

The Bastions scattered and each went to a specific place to defend the mansion. The compound surrounding the mansion was a huge one so these multiple 'tanks' wouldn't actually take too much space. This wasn't exactly required but it was done so that some uninvited guest might show up.

"Sigret, did you choose the location?"

"Kumsong-Ni, near Gandong station. The place has an open and smooth terrain with rice being planted there. I have already sent orders to vacate the 20 miles radius of the adjacent village and it is clear."

"Don't send the villagers away. Pay them for the land and make sure no corruption is done when the money is distributed."

"Already done so. The soldiers who are responsible for sending the money are honest among the ranks. The notification has been sent to the nearest military base and right now they are reaching their homes to compensate."

"I think it's time to leave." Robin said. Sigret nodded and called TARDIS. Robin took one last look at the mansion and entered through the door." Due to time changes, it was already late at night in the Netherlands, so he just went to his room in the TARDIS and fell asleep. He was tired a little mentally and needed a good bath and sleep to refresh himself.

8 hours later.

He  didn't get up from bed immediately after waking up and just fidgeted with his phone. For the first time he entered the Discord channel that Sigret had spoken about. The server was quite active and he wanted to see if there was anything interesting.

Apparently he was invited to a private channel on the server. It seemed like his new online friends were really impressed by his play and invited to a private channel exclusive for the gamers of that group. After a few seconds he saw that the end of type box

'...KickedElm0 typing, ....Cathli45 typing..'

"... Hey man, welcome to the channel.. We thought you would never connect here.." -KickedElm0

".. Yeah! I was thinking if I had given you the wrong link and was searching for you on the server.."

".. umm.... Hi, sorry I have been a little busy so didn't quite see the discord link. I am still a noob in all this..."

".. Bro, you play so well and you are not a nerd. Teach me da wae.." -KickedElm0

".. Hahaha.. Well I am finally here. You guys are playing?..."

"...No, we are just hanging out. I don't know what cathy is doing..."-KickedElm0

".. I had a photo shoot the entire day so I am tired as hell. On my comfy bed.." - Cathli45

".. Oh I just woke up. Had a tough day at work yesterday.."

"..By the way I never asked. Where do you live?.." - Cathli45

".. Me? Currently in Amsterdam.."

"..Oh! European? No offence, you don't sound like a European.." - Cathli45

"..No. I am not. I am an Indian but here due to work purposes.."

"..What do you do by the way? If you don't mind me asking.." - Cathli45

"..I have a company here. So here on business matters.."

"..Company? You have your own company?" -KickedElm0

"..Umm yeah. Recently opened.."

"..Holy shit dude.. You are loaded.." -KickedElm0

".. Don't know about that. It's a new company so it will take time to grow.."

".. It will surely grow. Why don't you come to Malaysia once to visit us? We all live in Kuala Lumpur.." - Cathli45

".. Malaysia? Some day.."

Robin talked of other random things for the next half hour before he logged out as he was hungry for a bit. After getting himself some omelette and bread he went to the zoo to look at the Pokemon.

But when he reached the place, he was surprised to see that there were the 3 Korean women playing with the Pokemon. The women saw him entering the zoo and they stiffened in their place and stood up. Their faces had horror written on it.

"At ease. Do you like them?" Robin asked as he knew that talking about their past would only make them more uncomfortable. The women still had fear but one of them finally nodded.

"You can come play with them whenever you want. You don't have to fear anything here."

The women were still silent and just slightly nodded their heads. Robin didn't mind them and just joined the Pokemon in their play as they flocked towards him while he pet them. The women were still a little awkward but after a few minutes, they got the idea that this person wasn't exactly doing anything to harm them and treated them like normal.

So seeing him, they too went to cuddle and pet the Pokemon, which they loved. After a few more minutes with them, Robin went out of the TARDIS to look for Myrene. They had returned home after yesterday night 's assault so he was back at his home in Amsterdam.

Myrene was busy watering some plants in the garden and tended to the flowers. She continued watering the plants and asked without moving her head.

"Slept well?"

"Yeah. Sigret busy with the research?"

"She has cooped up inside the laboratory since we came back. She told me that after you wake up, we can leave. All the families had been provided with money."

"Okay." Robin went back to TARDIS to bring her out. They would need to go back to North Korea.

After calling both Myrene and Sigret, the TARDIS again left for North Korea.

Near Gandong Station.

This was one of the biggest farms of North Korea, it was so big that in order to deliver farm materials to the state, the country had decided to install a train station here. The rice fields were huge and this place produced a large amount of rice for the country. In its core, the country of North Korea wasn't exactly rich in agriculture resources. It had very rugged land and most of the country had mountains which came down from the north part of the country.

TARDIS had arrived right in the middle of the rice field. It was winter right now and the rice had just been harvested. So, the field looked empty for miles with no one in sight.

"The soldiers had been given strict orders to vacate the place and stay indoors for the time being."

Robin nodded his head and he brought out the laptop and opened a very old game. A game that had been lost and most people didn't even know about it. JARVIS had given him various games to choose from to establish his own power.

In order to set their own power, Robin needed to have troops of his own that would include sufficient weapons, a legion of army, air force and navy. A legion that would belong to Robin and Robin alone. After going through many games like Homeworld, Command and Conquer and its various installations and other RTS type games, because only RTS type games would allow him to have his own personal power he chose one.

But Robin did what he does best. Go for a weird game!

Universe at War : Earth Assault

It was a very old game published by SEGA in 2007 and this game had 4 factions in total. The humans, the Novus - a highly advanced empire which was based on robots and automated machines, The Hierarchy - an alien civilization that was hell bent on conquering the whole universe with it military power and basically the antagonist and lastly the Masari -  a very ancient civilization that primarily consisted of humanoid beings that had very advanced technology.

Announcement
Read 9 chapters ahead on my patreon and join the discord server 
62