Chapter 52 – Meeting the mastermind
3.9k 8 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Further inside the cave was the opening to a large chamber, inside were three men waiting. One of them wore a white featureless mask and had his forehead protector facing his left. The other two men were looking rather downcast and sat while leaning against a rock formation.

Further at the back of the cave was a rather large lake, it was still as if frozen. On the surface of the lake were many people floating asleep. A thin mist above its waters.

One of the two men, that had a thin and straight sword tied to his back, sat up and turned to face the masked man.

“They aren’t returning.” He solemnly said. That fact was already clear.

“This isn’t how you said it will go!” The other man, he had two metallic armguards, jumped on his feet and shouted, having lost his patience.

“Calm down. I know that, but this could also not be too bad.” The masked man calmly replied.

“What you mean?” The man with the thin sword asked the masked man.

“I would have preferred to kill Kakashi not only because I have a personal grudge with him, but because he is an important shinobi of Konoha. Those guys that showed up may not be some worthless shinobi to Konohagakure. We will start with them before trying again to get Kakashi.” The masked man’s words didn’t help to quell the uneasiness in his subordinates, but he didn’t mind that. They were disposable pawns anyway; he would easily find others with enmity against Konoha.

“Let’s go to them, they must be in bad shape after they fought the others.” The man with the armguards insisted, but the masked man had no intention of doing that.

“They have to come here, and here we have the advantage.” Saying that, the masked man left no room for debate as he turned around and walked towards the lake. By the shore, he sat down facing the water. Beside him was a large broadsword embedded into the ground, it had two large cut outs, a circle close to the top and a semi-circular one nearer to the handle.

Later, at the location of Team 0.

“Are you ready?” Kurenai stood in front of the group as she surveyed their state.

“Yes!” “Yes!” “Yes!” She received three strong replies, Sango didn’t reply but she knew he was never ‘not ready’.

“Just remember to follow the plan as we discussed.” This she had to say firmly, mistakes could lead to grave consequences.

That said, they left further into the blackened cave. It was now clear their targets were not going to take the initiative. That, Sango explained, could only meant they had the advantage in that place. That meaning, traps or similar obstacles would most likely be present at least. Although Hinata couldn’t find any trace of traps, but that didn’t mean there weren’t.

The group moved in complete silence, like before. The walk was long, but they ultimately arrived at the entrance to a large chamber.

They immediately raised their guard at the sight of the three men watching them.

Further inside, they saw a lake. There the villagers were floating on its waters, asleep serenely. There were torches lit at intervals, so they saw what Hinata described.

“So, you are Kurenai Yuhi.” A cold voice came from a masked man by the lake. “I didn’t know you were so strong, to actually have made it here unscathed while carrying four kids.” A trace of surprise escaped his words. He knew about her, but he didn’t regard her very highly. Today it seems that he made a mistake in overlooking her.

“I wonder if you would tell us your goal.” Ignoring his words, she spoke to the masked man.

Sango followed suit and observed them, memorizing every detail. Seeing the weapon beside the masked man, as well as the features resembling someone he knew from the anime, he now knew who he was. Zabuza Momochi, former member of the Seven Ninja of Swordsmen of the Mist, now he was a missing-nin, meaning someone who abandoned their village.

His face was still covered, but every other feature of his was identical to the anime.

“Yes, even if I know you will die here, I won’t take the risk.” Resounded his cold voice, then he picked up his large sword. The two other men followed his example and took a ready posture.

“Ninja Art: Hidden Mist Jutsu!” Forming the seals with one hand, Zabuza successfully activated the technique.

The difference in technique and ability between Zabuza and the man that cast the Ninja Art while fighting Sango was immense. Zanbuza also had a source of water that helped in casting a stronger technique for less chakra.

A thick, white mist surged from the lake. It was so dense that it looked like a wave of white pain was coming towards them.

 

Hello dear readers, how are you? Here another chapter of NSS, let's see how it will end.

I recently came around a song on youtube that I find myself liking very much, I suggest watching the video while listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E52rxz2sjRs&list=PLxvSt1fUj1LibAXy72OAp17WyvB6LqBT1&index=1

Join my discord server! Do it! We can discuss all our ideas and suggestions there!

https://discord.gg/Yn5RmJn

If you like this story and want to support me please check my P.A.T.R.E.O.N! Thanks!
http://bit.ly/2OpSkb3

58