Chapter 18 – Finale Part 2
8.9k 8 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sasuke’s family was exterminated just a year before, not that it mattered to Sango as he wouldn’t have done anything to change its fate if it didn’t benefit him somehow. He didn’t understand how extermination was the answer to Konoha’s problem when the Uchiha began to plan a revolt, there were other ways of resolving that problem without losing the Uchiha.  Maybe Danzo was the reason for that as he needed the eyes of the Uchiha clan for himself and thus wanted many dead bodies.

Sango planned to think about it later, now he had to deal with Sasuke.

Sango made up his mind to use one of his favourite tricks, misdirection. He always believed that intelligence was above everything, trickery and deceit, among other things were ways easily defeat one’s enemy. Raw strength was useless as the intelligent one would always win, he believed so. His next actions were proof.

Sango closed the last bit of distance and hit with a left jab, Sasuke didn’t dodge as the strike missed its target, the jab was just a feint and Sasuke knew it because he noticed Sango’s right fist preparing for a heavy strike. Sasuke didn’t have time to counterattack so he prepared to dodge Sango’s right fist, waiting for the strike to throw Sango out of balance once it missed. Yet the punch didn’t strike as Sasuke expected, instead, once the fist was to the halfway point it turned to the left together with Sango’s upper body as his right leg hidden behind the actions of his right fist that occupied Sasuke’s focus, came from a sharp angle, striking Sasuke in the chin and forcefully turning his head to the side.

Sasuke’s body stiffened in a comical position thanks to the disconnection effect, that happens when the brain stem is stretched from the rotation of the head blocking the input from the brain to the muscles temporarily. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7QnDNh3OE8)

As Sasuke’s lost consciousness, he fell outside the ring like a dead log.

The match was over like that, fast, no one expected it to end in such a fast way. Iruka rushed to Sasuke’s side to check on him, “He just fainted.” He breathed a sigh of relief, Sasuke’s head was briefly turned to an odd angle for a brief moment after all.

Looking at the scene, Sango began to talk “I guess I won?”, hearing his words Iruka remembered that he didn’t announce the result, even though it was obvious to all.

With a face that suggested he had something more to say, Iruka reluctantly announced the ending of the spar.

Sango knew what Iruka wanted to say. He wanted to say that there was no need to knock him out in such a way. Maybe from his point of view he had indeed been heavy handed, but Sango didn’t believe so. He didn’t use much strength at all, he just tricked him and killed his lights using a simple trick and not much strength, he could have been much more heavy handed but that wouldn’t end well. All that for the simple reason of elevating himself while degrading Sasuke in the eyes of the girls, all for the future.

As Sango was pondering on those things, Iruka instructed everyone to return to the classroom as he began to carry Sasuke away. The girls came to his side to give their congratulations, as if the match was not just a simple spar at school but an international tournament. In the end they were still kids, easily impressed.

His classmates were now looking at him in a different way, with respect. Strength demanded respect and Sango demonstrated that he was strong, stronger than his classmates at least.

They returned to class and waited for Iruka’s return, the children still talked among themselves about the day’s event. After some time Iruka returned alone and class resumed as normal, Sasuke didn’t return in the end.

When classes were over and the children could leave, Sango noticed there were more people saying him goodbye than before. Everything was developing as he wished, now he just wondered what ‘he’ will do.

Somewhere in the village.

Danzo looked at his report, it all just started with that book. Danzo wanted to know who wrote it and why the Hokage held it in such high esteem, but the deeper he investigated more questions surfaced and barely any answers were given. Despite his Anbu’s skills they could barely discover anything, the breakthrough was when they investigated Kurenai Yuhi whom seemed to have brought the book manuscript to the Hokage as one of the guards at the time revealed. Investigating Kurenai Yuhi brought an unknown boy to his attention but investigating further didn’t get any results beside the fact that he was very unusual. His background was only on paper and no one seemed to know anything about him, it was written that he was rescued after he was found injured by some shinobi on mission, but the shinobi’s names were never disclosed.

Danzo didn’t like unknowns and that boy was one, the 3rd Hokage hid the boy himself, even from him and Danzo didn’t like that at all. Maybe he should send someone to interrogate the kid in secret.

Just as he began to make plans, an Anbu entered his office, “Danzo-sama, the Hokage asked to see you.” He reported in a cold voice.

“Hmm?” He didn’t expect that, now-days he and the Hokage didn’t interact much as they didn’t mingle with each other’s affairs.

Postponing his planning in regard to Sango, Danzo stood up and left towards the Hokage’s office.

Sango left school, he walked home while thinking about a new technique he was developing, there was one thing missing and that was a technique from Sunagakure. While thinking for a way to clone that technique, one of his clones around the city dispersed itself to deliver a report to him.

He was being followed; he was shocked for a brief moment but his face didn’t change in the slightest.

Phew, yet another chapter of NSS, next will probably be a chapter of OHK.

I really want faster release speed but I can't, much time I just look at the document without knowing how to write and what to write to reach the next story checkpoint.

115