Chapter Eleven – The Rest
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harbor and May finally managed to break away from the extremely persistent ghost hunter once they got off the ship. Harbor needed to get a rental car in order to get to their next destination. The hotel the two would be staying at. Sighing, Harbor gazed on with a blank stare at the long line for rental cars. Silently he resigned himself to the wait.

May sure as hell didn’t though. Getting bored within the first ten minutes of waiting with Harbor in the line, they were already over it. Looking around, beside where they wanted to float off to. Harbor glanced at his ghost friend.

Leaning over he whispers, “Be back in an hour.” 

May nodded, “Don’t worry I will.” they whispered back. 

Turning they began to float off in another direction. Floating high to overview the entire portion of the building, scanning the area for something to do. Their eyes looked over the masses of people and the big sighs hung on the walls. Humming they wandered off in another direction floating down a hallway.

It was time for an adventure.

May must have lost track of time because Harbor felt certain it had been two hours. That or time passed extremely slowly. Harbor looked over the last few people still in front of him. This took ages. Did he really need the car? Like honestly at this point he was pretty sure he could have walked to the hotel and back in the time he was stuck in this gods damned line.

“waaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa” May zoomed by, Harbor got whiplash trying to track them as they passed.

“How can I help you sir?” A man asked from behind the counter with a fake pep to his voice.

“Ah yes I had a reservation…” The conversation went off from there.

May groaned as they wandered back to Harbor, spinning slightly. “That was a terrible decision, did you know ghosts can get dizzy?” They asked.

Harbor had to fight to keep a straight face. Best not give anyone any ideas. Ignoring May he ignored them.

“Are you ignoring me,” May began to pester, “Do you love me no more?” They cried.

Harbor twitched.

“Harbor loves me no more!! Harbor abandon me!” They cried.

Harbor sighed, playing it off as being tired to the worker before him. The worker gave him a half grin before handing over the keys to the car he rented.

“Have a nice day!” He cheered, waving Harbor off.

“You too.” Harbor replied as he turned and walked away. May floated besides him.

“What car did we get?” 

Harbor walked into the large garage and towards the small cars, “Nothing fancy,” He replied, “Ah there it is.” He said as he spotted the silver colored honda in the distance, walking quickly towards it.

May floated in front of him zipping over to the car and peering into it, “Ah looks nice!” They called back to Harbor, turning their head in his direction.

Harbor made his way beside May, before using the key he was given to open the door and get in. May went through the passengers door. 

“Alright where to next?” May inquired, bouncing in their seat slightly.

“We’re going to the hotel and I’m taking a nice long nap.” Harbor replied as he pulled out of the parking space and into the lot weaving around corners to get out of the parking garage.

“And we're going to the mansion tonight.” May noted.

“Yep, optimistically we’ll be able to avoid the ghost hunter trio.”

May laughed softly, “yeah they are pretty eccentric.”

“That they are.”

It took all of twenty minutes to make it to the hotel, and another thirty to check in, apparently it happened to be a hotspot. Lucky for the duo the ghost hunters were not taking residence in the same hotel. Thank the gods. 

Harbor swiped the key card onto the scanner. It made a clicking noise signaling that the door had unlocked. Pushing it open he made his way into the room, taking it in. In the corner there was a single bed. The room seemed rather small as well. Harbor placed his bags on the ground walking to the bed and collapsing onto it.

It was time to get some sleep, finding those ghosts would happen later tonight. May turned the lights off before wandering off. 

Harbor slept for many hours. By the time he woke the clock read eight thirty. Groaning, he sat up looking around. The hotel room looked the same as he had left it. Sighing he swung his legs off of the side of the bed. He stood walking to his bag, unzipping it and pulling out a couple articles of clothing. Shower time.

The shower filled the hotel room with noise. May entered not long after Harbor had gotten in. humming they wandered around the room, finding the remote to the television on the night stand besides the bed. 

May managed to get the tv to turn on after their third try. Changing the channel happened to be an entire neither obstacle. They quickly discovered. How unfortunate.

“Bah! Curse these non functioning hands.”  May exclaimed glaring down at their hands. Baseball played on the tv before them.

The shower turned off.

“Harbor hurry up! Baseball is boring.”  May complained.

“Just change the channel!” Harbor shouted back.

“Kind hard when you don’t have hands!”

Harbor swung the bathroom door open. Stepping out while drying his hair with a towel. His eyes landed on May as they glared at the television. 

He sighed, stepping forward and picking up the remote. Pointing it to the tv he clicked a few buttons to pull up the list of channels it had. “What do we want to watch?”  He asked as he scrolled through the options.

May fell silent as their eyes scanned the options before them. “Yeah there’s really nothing.”

“We could head to the mansion now, it's already dark.” Harbor suggested.

“Yeah, let's do that.” 

Harbor's stomach growled angrily.

“After we get something to eat.” May amended.

“I also have to call my parents…” Harbor admitted, face heating up slightly. “and blue.”  he added.

May cringed slightly, “Yeah lets do that first.”

The duo hit the road to the mansion an hour and a half later. Their rental tires rolled over the long gravel road to the mansion in the woods. The neglected road made Harbor bounce around in his seat slightly when they hit a pothole or a particularly large rock. The road was less than ideal.

The trees stood tall and bearing down on them with its ominous presence. Vacant of leave and lit only by the moon and the car’s headlights. They seemed to bend over them looming above like angry gods. Harbor felt his skin prickle as hairs stood up and gooshouse. Many of the windows were broken or boarded up. It gave Harbor the creeps.

The headlight glimmered off of a car already parked in front of the mansion. The ghost hunters had beaten them to the mansion. 

“Ah, I forgot they were gonna be here.”  May says as their eyes fix on the trio getting out of the car. 

“Seems they just got here to.” Harbor added as he pulled the car up beside them.

The trio turned to look at the car that pulled up beside them, waving merrily once they realized it was harbor. Harbor sighed one last time before plastering a tight smile on his face. Opening the door and stepping out. May not far behind him.

“Hey,”  Harbor greeted as he came around the car to stand before them.

“You made it!” Liam cheered.

goosebumps took over his skin.

The car rounded the final corner it headlights illuminating the building before them. The mansion felt massive, the walls were dark and covered in plant life. The place look abandoned. Harbor weaved the car around a few potholes as it got closer to the Harbor nodded, “Yep.” 

“Just in time to we were just about to head in.” Katie called from behind the car, grabbing something for the trunk.

“Great.” Harbor held back from frowning. If only they’d showed up a few minutes later.

May floated besides him, “Well at least we got bait if things go sideways,” They commented, shrugging.

They had a point, “Think we're going to see anything?” Harbor asked the group.

“I’m positive we will.” Liam says, slinging an arm around Harbor. 

May dodged out of the way as Harbor fought back a wince.

“He’s really into you.” they gave Harbor an apologetic look, attempting to pat him on the shoulder. They could not, they are a ghost.

“Let's head in!” Ellie cheered marching to the front door of the mansion, Katie following close behind.

“Well you heard them,” Liam started, “Let’s head in.” He gave Harbor a charming smile.

Harbor gave him a half smile half grimace in reply. May floating beside him, the group walked up to the mansion. Ellie turned the knob, finding it stuck.

“Try pushing it open.” Katie suggested.

Ellie complied, throwing her body weight against the door. The door opened with a loud thud. Ellie tumbled in, not excepting it to give way so easily.

“Were in.” Liam grinned looking around the first room of the abandoned manor.

“Were in.” May muttered, eyes flickering around the rundown mansion.

0