Chapter Sixteen – The Trip
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liam sobbed into his hands as he felt hope leaving him, the windows wouldn’t budge and who knows when the police would come. He felt hope leaving him. Gods if Harbor made it out he would never let him risk his life like this again. 

The sound of shattering glass drew his attention from his misery. The third story window. HArbor was falling from the third story window. Before He could register anything else he felt the entire weight of the five foot twink falling from a third story window hit him.

“OOOH, Gods ow ow ow ow ow ow ow.” Harbor whimpered as he gained a sudden pain in his back, probably from jumping out the window.

“Gahhh,” Liam groaned from underneath of him, “Harbor?” He asked, trying not to move in case it hurt his friend.

“Oh heeeyyy Liam.” Harbor replied, wincing. 

“GET BACK HERE!!!”

“CHEATER CHEATER!!!”

Angry screaming from the ghost echoed above them. Harbor paled farther. 

“Run bitch run!!” May exclaimed as they dived toward the duo on the ground.

“What’s that sound?” Liam asked, confused.

Harbor scrambled to get up off of him, “No time, run run run!!”

Liam leapt onto his feet in now time, scooping Harbor up in his arm and taking off to his car, calling for his friends to meet him there. Harbor glanced over his shoulder seeing the angry poltergeist rapidly gaining on them their faces twisted into terrifying rage as they charged the fleeing trio.

“HOLY SHIT!!” Harbor screamed in surprise, mouth gaping at the ghouls chasing him, frozen in fear.

Liam pushed himself hard mere feet away from the truck he had come in. Ellie and Katie had already managed to make their way into the car waving wildly for Liam to jump in. The passenger door still open. Liam launched himself into the car landing on top of Katie. May flying into the back seat.

“DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!!!” Harbor screeched not caring he was on top of three people and the passenger door still hung open.

Ellie floored the gas, wheels spinning for a second before taking off. Harbor held his breath as he peered back out the window seeing their pursues drifting farther off into the distance, unable to keep up. 

Harbor breathed a long sigh of relief. “Gods damn, I thought I was gonna die.” Harbor placed a hand on his chest breathing heavily.

“Great, but can you get off of me.” Katie huffed, still being crushed by two people.

“Oh shot I’m sorry,” Harbor apologized, climbing back into the back seat landing next to May.

“Never again.” May huffed grinning wildly.

Harbor laughed, exhilarated, it was good to be alive.

“So uh, who’s… them??” Liam asked as he climbed into the back as well looking directly at May.

“Oh my gods, wait you can actually see me?” May questioned, curiosity bouncing around in their head.

“Yeah, uh have you always been here?” Liam asked, increasingly awkward.

“There's a ghost with us?!” Ellie and Katie exclaimed in unison.

“Yep.” May replied.

They could not hear May, May is a ghost.

“They still can’t hear you.” Harbor explained.

“Awwwe.” May pouted.

“But yes, May here is my friend, we’re trying to find a way to make them human again.” Harbor elaborated.

“Is that even possible?” Liam peered at them, curious.

“We’re going to find out.” Harbor admitted. “We’re going to a small town called Vanichick in North Carolina. The ghost that were trying to kill us said we may be able to turn May human there.”

“And you believe them?” Katie inquired, incredulous.

“Well not really, but so far everything that has tried to kill us has been telling the truth.” Harbor shrugged.

May shivered, “I really hate Rumor.” They muttered to themself.

“Someone else tried to kill you?!” Ellie and Katie blurted, appalled.

“Yeah this really… unpleasant… poltergeist tried to kill us.” Harbor shrugged.

“Twice!” May chirped.

“TWICE?!” Liam burst out, astonished.

Harbor winced, “I mean he only succeeded once?”

“He killed me.” May interjected, elaborating on what Harbor meant.

“And you went back?!” Liam got increasingly loud, stunned by the idiocy of the two before him.

“To be fair, we didn’t know he was there until we went back.” Harbor attempted to defend.

“Kinda.”

What do you mean kinda?!” 

“We did hear him when we fled, and got a few glimpses…?” May trailed off cringing to themself.

Liam screamed.

“I think we’re missing something.” Ellie muttered to Katie.

“Definitely.” 

Harbor and May ended up staying with the ghost hunting trio for the rest of the night and the following morning. Harbor made his usual calls to his parents and Blue, before he began discussions on what he needed to do next with his new found friends. Running from poltergeist that want to kill you creates shockingly strong bounds in little time.

“We still need to get the car back.” Harbor muttered sulking.

“Not it.” May immediately replied.

Liam shook his head, “Me and the rest of the gang will go back for it, do you still have the keys?”

“Yeah, here.” Harbor pulled the keys out of his pocket, handing them over. “Glad I didn't drop these.”

“Right then,” Liam pocketed the keys, “To Vanichick in North Carolina next?”

Harbor’s eyebrows furrowed, “You coming with us?” He asked with confusion written on his face and voice.

“Of course!” Ellie proclaimed. “This is the best action we’ve ever gotten with a ghost! We couldn’t possibly miss this opportunity.”

Katie nodded along with her.

“Besides we’re friends, we’re not going to knowingly let you go by yourself into a possibly dangerous situation.”

“But uh.. I have May?” Harbor attempted to defend himself looking over at his friend who offered no help whatsoever.

“Don’t look at me, I’m technically dead.”

Harbor winced, “Speaking of which, what are we going to do when we bring you back from the dead?”

“Easy, I start a cult and pretend to be the newly resurrected disciple of the great god genesis.”

“Absolutely not.” Harbor immediately rejected the idea.

“Booo!” May complained.

“This is so weird.” Ellie muttered to Katie.

Katie cleared her throat, “We’ve been recording the supernatural activity taking place, we can use that to help the transition.”

“Oh hey that might work,” May chirped, perking up.

“My parents are going to kill me when they find out.” Harbor nearly wept at the realization.

May patted his shoulder, “There there.”

Liam rolled his eyes, “Not the point, we’re going with you to carolina.” He declared finality in his tone.

Harbor huffed, “Fine.”

“Right then we leave tomorrow morning.”

“Oh ok.”

“Until then… Can I take you out for a cup of coffee?” Liam asked, hesitant.

Harbor gaped at him.

Liam coughed, “As friends of course… definitely as friends…” His voice quited at the end.

“He’s not going as friends.” May whispered very loudly into Harbor’s ear.

Harbor rolled his eyes, “Alright.” He accepted, “May’s probably going to be close by the entire time though.” He warned, a small smile creeping on his face.

Liam lights up, “Really? Ok, uh do you want to go now or…” He trailed off fidgeting.

Harbor shook his head, a fond smile on his lips, “Now is good.”

The duo plus ghost headed off.

“Ah young love.” Ellie leaned into her girlfriend, resting on her chest.

“Good riddance to, about time that dork found someone to date.” Katie says, taking a slow sip of her coffee.

Ellie giggled while kissing her.

The following day found the four friends plus take along ghost found themself on a ship on their way to Vanichick, North Carolina. To their final destination. Ellie and Katie enjoyed the time they had to themselves, seeing as Liam was busy trying to gain Harbor’s affection. May had a blast teasing the duo, until Liam flirted with them that was.

May is currently hiding in a broom closet from him.

It was a good day.

0