Prologue: “It’s Show Time!”
113 7 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Christiane Agatha had always liked mysteries. As if her name wasn’t enough of an indication. She liked being dropped in the unknown. She liked the adrenaline of never knowing what would happen next. She liked being kept in the shadows and forced to adapt to the everchanging world in front of her.

But more than mysteries per se, she liked solving them.

The wonderful sensation of grabbing the intertwined threads and, bit by bit, untangling them. Banishing away that darkness with a light of her own. She enjoyed solving mysteries because it was a challenge to challenge itself. And more than anything, because nobody but her held the key to that lost knowledge.

For Christiane, everything was a mystery to some degree. What will I eat tomorrow? Where is that woman going? Why is that car rumbling different from others? Why is that company declaring bankruptcy if it was so powerful a week ago? Why was the States of Union Government funding a department to investigate explosive toilets?

Everything, from the mundane to the things of most importance, was in a certain degree, a mystery to solve.

Her ultimate goal, in a sense, was to unravel the mystery of world itself. A titanic task, blasphemous, even. But that only made it all the more enjoyable.

Thankfully for her, working in the Heroes Union was an unending supply of new mysteries. Where others saw boring documents and bills, she saw small pieces of the puzzle, slowly coming together. That’s why she loved her job, as boring as it might appear at first sight.

And eventually, it became a pleasant routine.

But the thing with life is, it almost always forces you to break your routines when you get used to them.

For her, that came together in the form of the last Wakening Season.

And what a twist of fate! She who worked to put the criminals behind bars…

Villain: Christiane Agatha

 [ Meta-Ability ]

And Then There Were None: Greatly boosts perception and deduction abilities

Had been branded a criminal herself.

Was it wrong?

Maybe.

Was it unfair?

Of course it was.

Was she angry?

Definitively not.

After all, she was one step closer to her goal. The difficulty had merely increased by a notch.

What did she want? Power. To unravel the mystery that existence itself posed. And she would appreciate every last bit of power coming on her way. For better or for worse.

That’s why she had been so thrilled when that person crossed paths with her.

Was it fate? Coincidence? Who cared? When she locked her eyes on him, her whole body trembled, her very soul shook at the sheer intensity of his presence. From behind his eyes, she could feel something greater than anything she had ever felt before. It was power like she didn’t know possible to exist.

No, not developed. Her senses could tell, this person was not a God. Yet. But he had the potential to become one.

And so, she decided.

She would use whatever means she could, if it meant getting closer to her ultimate goal.

Even a God itself, if she had to.

It's here! I said I wouldn't take long! And now it's here! ALL PRAISE ICM! AHAHAHAHAH*cough cough cough*

Now. Onto a more pressing bussiness. Tow main things to note!

Number 1: The comedic element has been getting somewhat week on the past few chapters. It was a necessary evil, for my goal is to create a chaotic comedy story that can still be taken seriously. And so, less comedic chapters are bound to appear. Fret not, however! For, starting from Volume 2: How To Tame Your Minions, things will get way messier (and funnier) thanks to a certain character.

Do you remember her? Of course you do! Or maybe you don't Worry not: you won't forget her now. She'll make sure you don't. Her power drill be damned.

Number 2: Ratings have turned somewhat... Not entirely good on Royal Road. And they could use a little improvement here, too. So, I summon thee, my dear brothers and sisters! For with thy strength, nobody will be able to stop Lawrence Lakewood and company! Spread the word! Make those five stars shine brightly in the firmament!

Pretty please?

And that's about it. Cheers folks!

PD: Anyone knows of a good way I can make a cover art without spending money? Asking for a friend! Yep... a.. friend... haha.

5