Chapter 38 – Confession
373 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucien didn't know if he could call his feelings for her love. Because love was a very relative concept, he only knew that he wanted to be with her most of his time, and he couldn't stop thinking about her.

Itori was caught by surprise. She knew that understanding their mutual feelings and saying something out loud were two different things.

She knew that Lucien had feelings for her, and truthfully, she too, had feelings for him.

Only for her, it was harder to confess herself.

Itori was thinking about what to do now. She took all her courage and said in a very low and shy voice.

"I love you too."

She was saying it in a lower and lower tone. But Lucien still managed to hear that and hugged her tightly. He knew that for her to say something like this was very difficult because her entire life was filled with the constant fight for survival and blood.

Though inside, she wanted to love and be loved.

"Came. I want to talk to you."

Said Itori decidedly; as she pulled his hand, they went to the Helter Skelter Bar. They arrived at the Helter Skelter Bar rather quickly, and Itori locked the entire place down as they both sat down and started talking.

Lucien knew that Itori had decided to talk about herself. In the past month, she rarely talked about her past or present time.

Lucien was who talked about himself. This gave Itori a feeling of his trust, and now when he said those words of fate, she decided to trust him in return.

This made him feel warm inside his heart.

That feeling was very addictive.

"So, where should I start? Do you want to hear about my past or about the present?"

She herself didn't know from which point to start. Her past wasn't exactly a nice one, and not talking about childhood which was basically just a survival game. She wanted Lucien to decide; this was another thing that she wanted.

Someone on whom can she count.

"You could start from your past probably, but you don't have to force yourself."

Said Lucien with a gentle smile. He didn't want to force her to say anything. He knew that most of the things about her he already knew. These were pieces of information he mainly received from Uta.

But still, it was entirely different to hear it from her.

"Okay. Hmm, Where should I start? I was born in the 4th Ward, and practically I have lived there for my entire life until I opened the Helter Skelter Bar here at the 14th Ward. When I was still at the 4th Ward, most of my time was filled with fights with ghoul investigators or, rarely, other ghouls. But the number of ghoul investigators was very high, but all first four wards were entirely filled with doves. I joined their gang of ghouls, which Uta led, and later when Ren-chan arrived, we three fought doves together. I was responsibly luring them into traps."

These were pieces of information he knew long ago. Now there would probably be those how she joined Clowns and so on.

"When came to the 14th Ward, the atmosphere here is totally different. There aren't as many ghoul investigators as in the first four Wards, so it is relatively safer here. And then, shortly after my arrival here, I joined a ghoul organization called Clowns."

Then she stopped here for some time, only to observe Lucien's reaction to this. He was still calm and didn't show any indications of surprise or something similar.

Seeing this, Itori was surprised and unsurprised at the same time. Members of Clowns were best at keeping their identity top secret, and this group was extremely mysterious.

The Commission of Counter Ghoul stated that a group of ghouls called Clowns have an unknown purpose and goal.

Their real purpose is to create chaos and spread destruction. They all wore clown-themed masks and were rather crazy; it was interesting that almost all, if not all, strong ghouls, were totally crazy, wicked, and mad.

Especially those at SS-Rate or SSS-Rate.

"Have the last laugh, isn't it?"

Yes, this was the goal of the Clowns because it's the Clown who is always laughing as the last. Lucien knew it and understood that the Clowns were always winners because their goal was to spread chaos and destroy everything around them.

"No point in living if things aren't interesting. The ones who get the last laugh are us, the Clowns."

Said Itori with a happy voice. Lucien couldn't help and nod. He knew that this quote was pure truth. What was the point of living if things weren't interesting? Life would be boring and seem like an eternity.

"Clowns aren't really some group with a noble goal. We only want to see the destruction that would soon start. Bearing witness to the moment of their destruction... Wouldn't that be just divine? We'll watch the whole thing from the best seats in the house. Watch as the curtain falls. Was there ever a time in the past when Ghoul-kind was backed so far into a corner? I wonder..."

Lucien was thinking about her word. These words meant that Clowns were already making a move. Actually, Red October is coming, and soon the curtain will fall, and the game will start. Ghoul-kind would be cornered even more, and the war would erupt.

"Soon, the red October would arrive, and chaos would start. Itori, I hope that you will stand with me when the time comes, but don't worry, I don't care about Clowns or ghouls. The only thing I want is to see Washuu Clan in ruins."

Itori nodded her head and then came to Lucien and kissed him on her lips.

Said Lucien with a resolute voice. He only wanted this and really didn't care about some Clowns. Conversely, they would be beneficial to him because they are best at wreaking havoc. They always associated themselves with all sides and created only rivers of blood.

"Yes, we would stand together."

"Itori, when will Clowns make their move?"

Asked Lucien. He knew that Souta, or rather Washuu Kichimura, was scheming his plan already, and when will Red October arrive, it would start.

"Souta would start it soon."

Itori was now ready to tell him most of the secrets of Clowns. She knew that even if they found out about it, they couldn't do anything because he would surely protect her. She knew that Lucien was strong. Very strong.

"That's good because it is starting to be boring here."

Lucien said with a mischievous smile. It was the truth that he was bored already here. Not much was happening, and he couldn't even fight as much as he wanted. He could only train and evolve his RC Level to higher levels.

Lucien looked at Itori and took something from his Cross Crest.

It was a simplified version of Rinkaku Martial Arts, something similar was given to Tatara only with bikaku, namely Bikaku Martial Arts.

...

Please support me on pa-treon (it would mean a lot and basically, only thanks to the patrons, the novel is still going on / PS. new billing system on) and read advanced chapters https://www.patre*on.com/Trafford
Mortal = 5 chapters ahead of regular release
Legendary = 10 chapters ahead of regular release
Mythos Horror = 15 chapters ahead of regular release
Eldritch God = 20 chapters ahead of regular release
***
Join, join, join my discord server!

8