Chapter 46 – We
247 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"After you devour him, you will be alone, consumed with regret. In a sea of blood and guts."

She stopped for a while to observe some kind of reaction. The only thing was, again, those mindless sounds of a wild beast.

"That's a ghoul's hunger. That's our fate."

Now she, too, took some kind of battle stance as she was also prepared for a fight. She knew that Lucien was watching, so it was impossible for something happening to her.

"I'm fed up with it. So this one time, I'll save you from that."

She rushed at him with fast speed, swiftly delivering a precise kick to his abdomen, which sent him flying to a nearby wall, where he crashed. Thanks to his rinkaku kagune, which provided stronger regenerative abilities, he still managed to get up and tried to attack Touka again, this time with his kagune.

But all of his efforts were in vain, as Touka appeared quickly behind him and knocked him out. He was still only a newbie ghoul who couldn't fight or control his power.

Moreover, he is in berserk mode, so he can't even think clearly.

Lucien looked at Touka and this entire mess they had created here.

"What to do now?"

Asked Lucien as he was scanning the entire area. Everything here was destroyed, and soon it would attract the attention of people living here; maybe even some doves would fly here, so they need quickly go away.

"We need to bring both of them away; the best would be Anteiku. And leave that four-eyes here."

Said Touka in a somewhat bossy tone.

But Lucien didn't mishear certain words, and that word was "we".

'Wasn't Kaneki her problem? Why has it become us?'.

Thought Lucien in his mind.

"When it became us? Wasn't that half-ass your responsibility?"

Asked Lucien in a curious voice when they actually started to share duties and responsibilities.

"From the moment you appeared here and knocked out that four-eyes."

Answered Touka with a faint smile. Lucien nodded his head and called his loyal henchmen for help and a car. He always told them where he would be, so they could be nearby when he needed them, but he never told them the precise location, only ward.

Soon two Hummer H3s arrived, and several men exited the cars, which shocked Touka to see so many people there. They all arrived before Lucien, giving him a salute, and then they began clearing the surroundings and loaded both Kaneki and Hide into the car.

"These are mercenaries I hired. All of them are around A-Rated ghouls in strength."

Lucien explained the current situation to Touka. She nodded her head, and then both of them got into a car and left for the Anteiku.

Lucien secretly ordered one of his people to bring away even Nishiki; he wasn't a bad person, only a little arrogant.

***

Anteiku.

Lucien was sitting behind the bar inside Anteiku and before him was Yoshimura. Cause of his visit and the many people he brought with him cafe was closed for some time. As mercenaries were all ghouls, their consumption of coffee was huge.

And it was showing even today.

"I must say, Mr. Yoshmura, you have brought coffee making to an art."

Smiled Lucien as he complimented the coffee he was drinking.

"Secret is in patience, love, and accuracy."

Explained Yoshimura as he was preparing other cups of coffee for mercenaries here; they actually drank coffee like water.

"I must thank you for helping her deal with this issue. I let her observe that young man because I felt something bad would happen to him. He is unstable and can't decide to which world he belongs."

Lucien nodded his head in approval.

He admired the old man Yoshimura.

He was a somewhat kind and caring person toward other ghouls who needed help; maybe it came from his personality or from his tragic past, who knows.

"Mr. Yoshimura, from my respect to your person, I must warn you that Washuu Clan is scheming something. Something big and extremely dangerous for us."

Said Lucien with a severe voice, to which even Yoshimura opened his eyes slightly, even though he always kept them closed.

"I wish I could help you, but I was only cleaner in Vasuki; we were tasked with eliminating and killing targets, and we didn't have access to confidential pieces of information of the organization itself."

Stated the old man.

Cleaners were at the very bottom. They just killed targets that they were told, and that's all. They didn't have access to any secret information or something like that; Cleaners were just weapons that the Vasuki cultivated, their attack dogs.

"You should be careful these times. I am preparing to move against Washuu Clan soon."

Yoshimura wasn't surprised by his claim because he was aware he had enough power to back up his word; only those with supreme strength could say something like this.

It was common knowledge that attacks against Washuu Clan were nothing more than some form of suicide.

***

On the second floor of Anteiku.

This room looked very comfortable at first look. In the center of the room were two sofas facing each other and a television on the wall. At one of those sofas, young black-haired Kaneki was sleeping, or rather he was already waking up.

When he woke up, he looked through the window, surprised by the change and waking up in an unfamiliar place.

"You're awake."

Said the elderly voice behind him.

An old man, Yoshimura, was standing behind him and observing him. When Kaneki turned around to him, he continued explaining the situation to him.

"You're on the second floor of Anteiku. Touka and Lucien brought you here."

To this, he was shocked. Firstly because Touka, that apparently hated him, actually helped him. Secondly, it was the name of the man whom he didn't recognize, but he could deduce he was probably a foreigner from his non-japanese name.

"What about my friend?!"

Screamed when he finally remembered the situation.

"... Come with me."

Then Kaneki stood up and followed Yoshimura to another room where his friend Hide was sleeping currently. From their conversation with Yoshimura, Lucien could think that it wasn't good to hear for Kaneki.

***

"Touka-san, I think you would have a new colleague."

Said Lucien with a mischievous and teasing smile to Touka; he was calling her by her name because she was doing the same.

As he wasn't Japanese, he wasn't very comfortable with this style of addressing, so they both called each other by their names.

She gave him a very, very unpleasant look before turning away. She swore to herself that she would try to hit Lucien as hard as she could when they would train together tomorrow.

She knew that he was from some noble family, and he seemed to be a gentleman, so he won't be using his full power when they would train against her.

***

Please support me on pa-treon (it would mean a lot and basically, only thanks to the patrons, the novel is still going on / PS. new billing system on) and read advanced chapters https://www.patre*on.com/Trafford
Mortal = 5 chapters ahead of regular release
Legendary = 10 chapters ahead of regular release
Mythos Horror = 15 chapters ahead of regular release
Eldritch God = 20 chapters ahead of regular release
***
Join, join, join my discord server!

5