Chapter 47 – Potential
255 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucien was currently watching something hilarious and amusing. It was Kaneki Ken who was trying to learn how to make coffee from Yoshimura properly; he was dressed in Anteiku attire for waiters and wore a white eyepatch on his left eye.

"Slowly take your time...like you're writing the hiragana character for no."

Instructed Yoshimura as he was standing behind Kaneki and watching the entire process. After some time of watching this drama and then listening to Yoshimura's lecture, Lucien decided to go away.

It was already tiresome to listen to all this, and he was already tired.

But before he went away, he came to the Yoshimura, and they sat away from others to have a private conversation. Yoshimura was somewhat interested in some things; he wanted to ask Lucien some things about Washuu Clan and Vasuki.

On the other side, Lucien wanted to warn Yoshimura to be cautious.

"Lucien-kun, even though this mind sounds daring, I have to ask. Why is someone from your house in Tokyo?"

Lucien wasn't surprised by this question because Arima had asked him something similar. Almost everybody who was aware of Aeon House would be surprised if even one of them left that Island.

"Answer is straightforward, Sir. Washuu Clan needs to be eliminated. Thoroughly."

Lucien actually respected Yoshimura a lot, and because of that, he called him Sir. This old man has done too much for others and sacrificed a lot in his life, and lost, even more, his daughter included.

He helped other ghouls in need, such as Touka, in her time or now Kaneki. Once, he helped even Renji not lose himself in the endless cycle of hatred.

"Washuu Clan has stood firmly for hundreds of years, but I hope you can succeed."

Smiled Yoshimura at Lucien. He was aware of the fact that Washuu Clan was powerful, but they needed to be eliminated.

They were the reason for hatred and all those strifes here.

***

Several weeks had gone by the time of the Steel Beam Incident. Lucien spent most of his time training and would often visit Anteiku. He wasn't visiting Helter Skelter Bar too much because Itori was now visiting him in his estate.

Now they were an official couple; she was acting more daring and more demanding to him.

Itori wanted to be spoiled by him and held. Sometimes she would be scared from that; he would leave her behind. Lucien realized that he really loved her dearly and was even thinking he should send a letter home telling them that he had found himself a girlfriend.

But that would probably create a mess because his mother would insist on coming here to interrogate both of them, so he deleted this particular idea from his head.

He was still waiting for time to strike against his enemies, and he knew that the time was coming soon, during the 11th Ward Battle and Second Chochlea Raid at the end of December.

Lucien even received an invitation to the Ghoul Restaurant. However, he wasn't too interested in the event, even though Kaneki was the dish.

Now Lucien wanted to meet Eto, not because of some matters to discuss but just. He just wanted to see her.

He can't deny the fact that she is gorgeous to him, and even though she has a rather weird personality, even more wicked than Itori, she is still very appealing.

***

As now was already November, and the weather was colder. Lucien went to the 24th Ward by foot, so it would take him some time to get there. He liked going on foot because he could observe everything around him; observing people was always one of his hobbies.

When he gets there, as always, 24th Ward is ugly and destroyed as it used to be. Nothing more than ruins, but now something changed.

There were more ghouls here, and many of them even fought amongst each other. Lucien only looked at this before going to the place was Eto was living.

When he was on his way there, he noticed familiar figure training in some martial arts. It was Tatara, clothed in his traditional white clothes from times when Chi She Lian was still active; he always wore the same clothes and the same mask as the Chi She Lian for his entire life.

Memento.

"Hello, Tatara-san."

Lucien greeted the fellow martial artist.

It was an unusual view to see one of these ghouls train so much. What's more, Tatara trained even simplified versions of Martial Arts that Lucien gave him.

"Greetings, Lucien-san. How about we have a spar?"

As soon as he had the opportunity, Tatara asked Lucien for a spar. He actually didn't have many people with whom he could train, and Lucien could be counted as one of very few.

Lucien smiled at this and nodded his head.

"Why not? I did not train yet."

***

Please support me on pa-treon (it would mean a lot and basically, only thanks to the patrons, the novel is still going on / PS. new billing system on) and read advanced chapters https://www.patre*on.com/Trafford
Mortal = 5 chapters ahead of regular release
Legendary = 10 chapters ahead of regular release
Mythos Horror = 15 chapters ahead of regular release
Eldritch God = 20 chapters ahead of regular release
***
Join, join, join my discord server!

7