Chapter 50 – Spar with the White Reaper
428 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day when Lucien got up after good sleep, he went to train a little before meeting with Arima Kishou. Lucien wanted to ask him for a spar. He wanted to test his power by fighting the Undefeated Ghoul Investigator and the most notable combatant of this world.

But before training, Lucien started refining some blood essences that he promised to give to Eto. This process took him almost two hours as he was refining a rather bigger number of them, but they weren't of high quality. Medium at best.

Then he contacted Darkwalker to prepare bulletproof vests for cannon fodder members of Aogiri Tree. These bulletproof vests were specially made to resist Q bullets. A special type of bullet with a melted down kagune coating.

Even though the coating is moderately thin because it must be refined from the kagune of ghoul, it still has more destructive force against ghouls. Normal bullets are nothing in front of a ghoul, but a Q Bullet could do damage to the ghoul and with several precise hits, it could even kill them.

They are people assigned to the offices of the Commission of Counter Ghoul; they do not carry quinques and are weak as an ant. The only force that uses them is Bureau Investigators or what Lucien calls cannon fodder of CCG.

Their main work consists of paperwork in offices; they do the majority of the paperwork. We could say that bureau investigators are backup for the real ghoul investigators, and quantity is more important than quality in their case.

Lucien knew that they were trained in Ghoul Countermeasures Training Center, and they created the majority of the CCG employees. In his head, he even had the plan to attack that facility and destroy it, but he could instigate Clowns to do that work.

Darkwalker was able to obtain several hundred units of q bullet bulletproof vests for Lucien. They were extremely expensive, so Lucien was forced to pay a huge amount of money for them, but if they would serve the purpose, so be it.

After finishing all things he had to do, Lucien went to the place where he should have a meeting with Arima Kishou.

***

The meeting place was the same spot when he first met Tatara; it was a wide and empty space under Tokyo, inside the complicated system of tunnels.

Lucien quickly arrived at the place and noticed that Arima still wasn't there, so he decided to wait for him.

Fortunately, he waited only around twenty minutes or so until he arrived.

Arima Kishou was clothed as usual in one of those typical long white coats of investigators and was holding the case with his left hand. He brought even quinques here; probably he said he was going to investigate some suspicious places here.

It could be said that he had effective cover; he had two cases, one of which was pitch black with various golden ornaments.

"Greetings Arima Kishou."

"Greetings, Lucien Etras di Aeon."

Both of them exchanged pleasantries at first.

"Arima-san, you are the strongest ghoul investigator in the world. I would like to request a spar with you if I could."

At this, Arima didn't say anything and just silently nodded his head.

He, too, was curious about the power of the heir of the Aeon House. He knew something about them from Washuu Clan, but it wasn't much, only that all of them were extremely strong.

That's all.

Lucien seeing this, became very happy, his eyes sparkled, and he quickly took the battle stance, and his eyes turned black with a red iris; kakugan was on.

He congealed one kagune katana, which he firmly held in his right hand.

Arima also took out his weapon. Quinque rated at S+ IXA. It was a koukaku-type quinque that took the form of a lance attached to a gun-sword handle with a spiked pommel. Very deadly and dangerous weapon and this was just an offensive mode.

It also had a defensive mode when it could expand to create the weird-looking shield, capable of defending against many strong kagune attacks. Not to mention it also had Mode Change, when it became something like kagune tails and could attack enemies.

Lucien knew that Arima was an excellent swordsman who was a master in kenjutsu and swordsmanship in western countries; both of them went to create some distance between them, and then they both bowed to each other.

By this, the duel had started.

But not completely. Neither of them wanted to make the first move because one who made the first move would be put at a strong disadvantage. After several minutes of scanning and analyzing, Lucien couldn't bear it and congealed several kagune daggers, which shot at Arima with terrifying speed.

Arima looked at this and Lucien could faint smile. He easily dodged the daggers and rushed straight at Lucien, who was prepared to defend.

When the distance was almost closed suddenly, IXA transformed from the lance to the tails and attacked Lucien from several sides.

Lucien smiled widely at this; he was happy that Arima could come with such surprise attacks. He quickly used kagune daggers to block all of those tails that were attacking them and shot at the Arima.

Lucien gripped his katana strongly and slashed at Arima with full force; he knew that Arima was someone above his level regarding techniques and experiences, so there wasn't much need to hold back.

When the katana was nearing Arima, in an instant, IXA changed to the Defensive mode and blocked that attack, to which Lucine showed a very displeased face. He knew that his attack failed, and soon retribution would come.

And it came, as he was kicked to the stomach by Arima and was shot several meters away. Arima Kishou was half-human, a breed between human and ghoul; thus, he had partial ghoul physiology and was stronger than normal humans many times.

Lucien was caught by surprise and couldn't defend against the attack properly. He wasn't even wearing his battle attire because it was made from some stronger materials, and it would be unfair to use it in a spar.

Lucien spilled a little amount of blood, but he was smiling. Smiling from this feeling, of feeling which gave him a spar with Arima, it was making his blood boil, and he wanted to fight more.

Arima didn't wait for Lucien to recover, as he was already before him, slashing at him with his IXA. Lucien knew that Arima wouldn't miss such a perfect chance to attack and was prepared.

He blocked the IXA with his katana and sparks were flying in the air from the collision.

They were exchanging one blow after another. At the start, Lucien had some problems assimilating to Arima's fighting speed.

However, he soon caught up and the actual fight started.

***

Please support me on pa-treon (it would mean a lot and basically, only thanks to the patrons, the novel is still going on / PS. new billing system on) and read advanced chapters https://www.patre*on.com/Trafford
Mortal = 5 chapters ahead of regular release
Legendary = 10 chapters ahead of regular release
Mythos Horror = 15 chapters ahead of regular release
Eldritch God = 20 chapters ahead of regular release
***
Join, join, join my discord server!

6