Chapter 1 – Creation
208 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

My head was pounding, God that hurt. Which douchebag hit me?. As I slowly came to myself and took a little look around I realized that I was in a plain white room. I kept having these weird recollections of this place except I was Tom in all of them, apparently, this is where most of his work and so by extension now, my work would be done. He called it the control room, as I sorted through Tom’s memories a dry cough came from behind me. “ Welcome back Zaide. Before we get started first look at me and focus on me. We need to get you comfortable with your powers quickly and that headache will go away once we do that.” At that point, I wasn’t in the mood to argue with Tom so I did as he asked and something resembling a popup menu appeared right by his head.

 Name: Tomás Ó Fearghuis

 Race: Human

 Title(s): Druid Council Elder

 Status: Weakened/Dissipating

 Details: Tomás is currently anxious and sorrowful

 Actions Possible: 2

                                                           

“Why does it say you’re dissipating old man? You can’t possibly be planning to just dump all this on me and leave right?” I asked Tom beginning to feel a bit worried now. I might have the knowledge he transferred me but it would still be a lot easier if Tomás was there to help me along. “Don’t worry so much about it. Just focus on those actions possible, you should be able to completely remove my spirit as well as anchor it. Choose the latter option and anchor me to your soul, that way I’ll only exist as long as you do and I can help you out whenever you want.” Tomás replied in a rather reassuring manner.

 

 

I did as Tom asked and sure enough he seemed to glow briefly though that may have been my imagination and his status had changed. “Good stuff Zaide, how about we start with your planet and once things get started I can explain stuff to you as we go.” Tom was laughing gleefully, I think he looked at it as a new start, a chance to exorcise the demons of his past.

To be honest, maybe that’s how I should look at it too. A chance to right my wrongs, not that it takes away my mistakes. But maybe, just maybe, this could be a way to make up for them. “Alright then, let's do it,” I said putting aside my doubts and taking a leap of faith, which is ironic because technically I’m God now? “Very well, now focus on your planet, imagine it. You should get some kind of prompt.” Tom instructed all the while walking about the room. I did as told and sure enough, I saw the same blue interface pop up again.

 Welcome, New Realm Lord and congratulations on being one of the chosen few from your world to ascend to this honored position.

 

 To begin designing your world choose one of the two options given:

  • Choose one of the previous iterations of Earth

 

  • Design a completely new world

I was kind of curious as to how many different iterations there were so I went looking under the previous iterations option. As I was about to select the option I asked Tom whether he had any advice and all I got was a “It’s really up to you, ideally a setup like your world is good when you have multiple races so that you can gradually introduce them to each other after they develop their races and set up their own countries and kingdoms, but we’ll get to racial options soon enough.”, Solid advice I guess and so I went to take a look at all the previous versions to satiate my curiosity.

There were 13 different versions of Earth…. “You’re telling me there have 13 different versions of Earth, 13 different Realm Lords?” I asked Tom pretty stunned at what I found. “There have been more, sometimes Realm Lords choose to repeat the same map because of their attachments to their homes,” Tom replied somewhat subdued now, no doubt recollecting his own home. I was tempted to ask him which one was his but seeing how melancholy he was I didn’t think that would be a great idea. I went ahead and chose the Earth I had lived on. I took a look at the next set of options for the size of the world. I could either select a larger world, a smaller world or the same size as the initial version.

 Please select the size of your world, and if changed by how much.

  • Larger

 

  • Retain Size

 

  • Smaller

Might as well go for a large planet if we’re making one.” I was pretty sure that bigger was the way to go. “ It’s pretty simple, the larger your planet the longer it will take for advancements and unification. Your people will take longer to form their own countries, it will take longer for cultural mingling. On the bright side, however, it also means that there will be less immediate clashes between different races or kingdoms depending on how far apart they are initially.”. Credit where credit is due, I hadn’t thought of that, and I don’t think he’s wrong there, it would take longer to get to a point in time where every part of the world had been discovered. I went with the bigger planet nonetheless, basically tripling its size. I guess running out of space had made me vary from overpopulation.

I chose to make the earth thrice it’s initial size. Which meant that there would approximately twice the are we had on my Earth. After which I was finally at the race selection menu. However before I could begin, I saw a new pop-up.

 Do you wish to make magic energy accessible to all your races?

  • Yes
  • No

Okay, this one was a no-brainer for me. Speaking of which, “Why didn’t you let us use magic?” I asked Tom dumfounded. “I cam from a world of magic, sometimes we take for granted things that are gifted to us. Besides, not making magic energy accessible to you guys didn’t mean you couldn’t use it at all! It just meant you would have to discover the science behind it first and then find a way to tap into the latent magic energy in the air around you.” He riposted rather beautifully I’ll admit.

I chose to make magical energy accessible, sticking with my original decision and proceeded to continue with choosing my planet’s inhabitants. The immediate options that showed up were designing a race and choosing previous inhabitants of Earth. I thought about it but couldn’t find it in me to design a race right away. So I chose to look through the previous inhabitants, slowly scrolling through the options and remembering the ones that caught my eye.

 Race: Elves

 Intelligence: 8

 Agility: 8

 Strength: 5

 Lifespan: Immortal (Immune to age but can still fall sick or be wounded)

 Racial Traits: Obsessed with nature and often deeply attached to their homes.

 Racial Abilities: Affinity to Spirits of Nature

 Racial Variants: Wood Elves, Sea Elves, Dark Elves

 

 Race: Humans

 Intelligence: 7

 Agility:6

 Strength:6

 Lifespan: 80-100 years

 Racial Traits: Adventurous and Power hungry.

 Racial Abilities: High adaptability (In their constant pursuit of Power and Adventure, Humans find it easy to adapt to the harshest   circumstances)

 

 

 Race: Dwarves

 Intelligence: 6

 Agility: 5

 Strength: 8

 Lifespan: 150-200 years

 Racial Traits: Fond of creating things with their own hands and very temperamental people.

 Racial Abilities: Blessing of the Earth. ( Gifted at forging and smithing)

 

 

 Race: Orcs

 Intelligence: 6

 Agility: 6

 Strength: 7

 Lifespan: 50-60 years

 Racial Traits: Warlike people, prone to shamanism and mysticism. Prefer Tribal settlements to cities.

 Racial Abilities: Bred for Battle (What the orcs lack in intelligence they make up for in sheer numbers by reproducing faster than the other   races)

 

 Race: Centaurs

 Intelligence: 6

 Agility: 5

 Strength: 8

 Lifespan: 125-150 years

 Racial Traits: Familial and tribal people, prone to xenophobia due to their uniqueness amongst all races. Consider themselves The Chosen.   They can't use magic.

 Racial Abilities: Blessing of The Herd( one in a million of all centaurs born may have wings and use magic, they are believed to be the   incarnation of the Pegasus )

 

Same as the prologue, appreciate any constructive criticism or ideas for what direction you think I should take with the story. Will probably put up another chapter today and then a couple tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

2