Prologue
1.5k 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surrounded by lights above and below with branches all around, the boy seated himself before the sages. He had already conversed with three of them, learning much that would be crucial to his awakening. But doubts and hesitation lingered in his mind. He couldn’t yet understand what all of this would mean in the coming years. Though much was revealed to him by his conversations, he had yet to fully grasp the nature of what he sought.

He looked to his sides and saw the multitude of stars blinking within the empty void. And just below them was the Earth. Wisps of clouds streamed over its surface and its horizon glowed under the intensity of the sun.

He became enamored at that sight and felt desire burn within.

He wanted to covet it, to keep it for himself. This sight; this wonder. And bring it back to his friends to share. To let it be theirs and theirs alone. For the sight to hold them together for as long as was possible. Deeply, he yearned for this.

But his choice was made. He left his friends behind and had come here seeking the ends of the truth. There was no turning back. He set his sights once more on the sages to speak with them.

Lifting himself and bowing with folded hands, he said, “O great sages, let us proceed further. Direct me with the knowledge that has been sought for ages past. Uncover this darkness of ignorance. Bless me with the light of knowledge. So that I may at last fulfill my purpose.”

He then prostrated and kept himself as such, awaiting their answer. One sage stood and approached the boy.

His face brimmed with light, his hair swept back descending to his back, and he wore rosaries about his neck, arms, and wrists. Wearing but a single white garment wrapped around his legs, he seated himself before the boy. Unlike the other sages, he seemed rather young and not a speck of hair or blemish dotted his immaculate form.

With his legs and hands brought to his lap, he looked to the boy with a gentle face. “O disciple of the great sage, Vadruah, I now will be the one to test and illumine you. There’s much to speak of concerning our reality, the light, and the cosmos as a whole. But before we venture there, I would like to relate to you a story. One concerning myself. Would you be willing to hear it?”

The boy brought his face to the sage’s and smiled. “Yes! Relate to me everything concerning you, for I no doubt feel that much of my doubts will vanish on hearing it. There are few in this world blessed to hear such tales. Even fewer to learn from them. The light has guided me here. I shall accept with all my heart whatever you shall give to me.”

The sage was glad and said, “It’s been long since I’ve last related this. From frustration and denial, to contemplation and desire, to fulfillment and realization, all concerning my life, I’ll here now recite to you. Let this story of a fool who rose to great repute seek to inspire you to fulfill your role. May the Light ever watch over you.”

The sage’s peers glad of heart took a deep breath. And likewise did the boy and sage. And all at once chanted:

Fqk8F8Z.png

AHM

22