Afterword
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wassup, this is Ariete writing.

This may seem extremely early for an afterword but I really only had that prologue prepared for now. Like "OP:Vanguard - Eclipse" (which I now absolutely regret writing) this is a case of me experimenting with writing styles. I've adored the dialogue-focused styles of light novels for a while and have been wanting to write my own LN for a while. If only I could draw better illustrations like the ones in LNs...

Writing in past tense feels very liberating. I now possess more freedom over how events are laid out and played. No more dealing with the time-focused OCD-driven part of my (in)sanity. My only issue is I'd already gotten into the habit of writing things in present progressive... so there may be some tense errors in the prologue. No, I do not have the time nor the energy to check.

Writing in third-person is also freeing. Having to describe Rize's inner thoughts was very insightful and cryptic, and is something I'm thinking of doing again once I rewrite her series. But I then left the thought processes of, say, my comfort character Bery out of the window. And I'll be forced to write individual OP:Vanguards of these characters just to show how they really thought... man, isn't that just fun...

Enough of my rambling. If the premise and characters are interesting enough, I'm gonna add a few more chapters along the line. The novel 50,000 words per volume would be my next goal. I do have several ideas for how Cheryl's adventure is going to go. What I need most, however, are some feedback and inspiration. I'd really, really appreciate constructive criticism — in terms of finding a comfortable writing style, I'm as lost as Cheryl is. I need a bunch of Ivrises right about now.

I must say goodbye for now. Real life is a demanding thing and these next few months are the peak of my business. Take care and I hope to read some comments should there be any. Ka-chow.

 

~ Ariete

 

 

P.S.: If I do continue, I'm most certainly deleting this.

P.S.2: If some genres or tags didn't match, expect those to come in later.

0