Apocalypsis : Tumultus
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mattias was dumbfounded. A voice directly manifested inside his head against his control and spoke some mysterious things. Change? Elysium? What place of rest and why should I reach it? Who does the voice belong to?

These were the thoughts of Mattias and everybody else around him. Everybody was looking around. Some people were getting up as they were the ones that were stuck in the air in a jumping motion and couldn't land properly.

"What the hell is going on?"

"Did you hear it?"

"Yeah a voice just now… Don't tell me you also heard it?"

"Oh my god, Yuki look! Those guys heard it too!"

"I know Haru. Don't point with your finger! It's rude."

Everybody around the central plaza of the campus was looking around them, trying to make sense of the situation. Something out of a light novel was happening right now and there were people who were stupefied and there were people who were weirdly excited by this.

"Hahah! Don't you understand it?"

"Understand what you weeb!"

"Kuh?! It was the voice of God! It's obvious! Everything is happening to make a master race and let a chosen warrior to lead them to glory!"

"And don't tell me that that warrior is you. Just get out of here you chuunibyou!"

"But the signs!"

"They are not pointing at you, you idiot!"

Even though people seemed calm, there were some that were about to lose their mind over this. Some of them were saying that apocalypse was coming and some of them were just running around screaming. Mattias was one of the few who were able to calmly assess the situation. He looked around and realized, the sky was a darker shade than before. When he looked, dark rain clouds were gathering. The weather forecast said that it would be sunny all day long but who can trust them so much right?

The rain clouds gathered for 5 minutes and then a deafening thunder cracked and gathered everyone's attention. Students were looking up, every single one of them, and were pointing at the sky. After this thunder, everybody started expecting a rainfall but what came after that sound was screams.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

"He-he-he-he-HELP! HELP!"

"OH GOD IT HURTS! IIIIIIIIIT HUUUUUUURRTSSSSS!!!"

"MMMMYYYYYYYY EEEEEEEYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!

"YUKI! YUKI GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF! YOU'LL BE FINE I PROMISE!"

"What the hell is happening!?"

Mattias looked around him after the scream and saw a scene that only occurred in horror movies. He hated watching them when he was a child. The blood on the walls, the severed limbs… But what he was witnessing was, well let's say he was now aware hot the décor was made.

People whose eyes were coming off, people who grew extra limbs out of their stomachs and even people who tore their own skin because of their pain! A thing only crazy people would do to themselves were being done in front of his eyes! Some of his classmates were the same as well. A couple of people he knew were currently hitting their heads to the faculty wall screaming and a girl that tore his own arm off!

"What the fuck is happening?! What is this?!"

Something was wrong, very wrong! His instinct told him to run but his body wouldn't obey his commands! He was terrified of what he was witnessing! What if the same thing happened to him? Would he tear his arm of too? Or would he pick his eyes out? He didn't want to imagine such a thing.

"I-I-I have to get out of here! Now!"

That is why he ran. He ran towards the campus entrance. He ran without looking back. But what he saw in front of and around him was not reassuring as well. He saw students jumping down from the roof and various high windows. As he approached the main entrance, he heard a car crash and flames towards the right side of the gate. He stopped and looked. His hair was a mess and his clothes were disorderly. He long threw his books and frankly he wasn't in the mood to think about language studies anyway.

Mattias approached the car and when he saw the scene inside, he almost threw up. The driver was launched from the windshield and hit the campus wall headfirst, so the result was a bit messier modern art piece. He looked for anyone around but all he saw was cars hitting each other or walls or other pedestrians. It was a bloody scene.

"Why did this happen? What is going on anyway?!"

While he was questioning this, the crashing stopped. There weren't many people around him and many of those were either bloodied because of a nearby madman or slipped and fell in a pile of blood as a result of afore mentioned madman.

There were even some children who were victims to this. Either their parents became like that or they did. It was truly a heart wrenching scene when a little girl was crying over her dead mother. Yes, there were obviously casualties. Mattias looked around to see if there were anybody alive that was insane a minute earlier but there were none. All this insanity lasted for about a minute and it was all that was needed to ensue chaos.

While looking around, he noticed the dead mother twitch.

"Looks like I'm really going crazy after-"

"Mom-my?"

But he wasn't going crazy. The dead mother really started to move! She moved her arms to lift herself but stopped after her daughter called for her. After looking at her daughter, she jumped at her and started madly clawing her and biting her.

"AAAAAAAA! MOOOOOOM NOOOOOOO! PLEEEEAAAAAASEEEEEEE-"

But she wouldn't listen and she surely wouldn't stop. After 2 seconds, her screams stopped. The mother then started eating her child. Yes eating! This got the attention of the nearby civilians. They screamed and the mother changed her target to these people. She was not the only person that got up after dying, this was occurring everywhere around the street!

"The dead are getting up?! Zombies?!"

Mattias though as such but did not risk it as he carefully made his way towards a back alley. His first objective was to reach home safely. As he turned a corner, he saw an Akita dog with a leash doing something with its back turned. As he took a better look he realized it was eating a human. The hand of the human was still holding the leash.

"The hell?"

He knew he couldn't run from this so he looked around to find something that he could use to defend himself. And he was lucky it seems as he found a metal pipe next to a trash can. He slowly went to it and carefully picked it up. But as he was picking the pipe up, it rubbed against the ground and the voice alarmed the dog.

The dog slowly lifted its head up, the blood of its owner still dripping from its maw, and looked around. Its eyes were giving off a malicious red light as it scanned its surroundings and finally they landed on Mattias. While growling, it started slowly approaching him.

"Shit. Shit. Fuck! Don't come!"

Mattias lifted the metal pipe and took a stance. He was panicking. Will I die here? Will I really die here?! As he thought so, dog's steps started getting quicker. Probably it was still hungry as it was bigger than a normal Akita dog, it started running towards him and jump attacked. Before it crossed the halfway point between it and Mattias, his vision changed. The world seemed a lot slower and he could see the blood dripping from its maw clearly. He looked around and only he was unaffected by this as he could turn his head like normal.

"What is going on?!"

When he looked back at the dog he opened his eyes in shock. There were two points shining bright white behind its jaw bone.

"What?! Do I hit there?!"

He didn't have much choice as the dog was still flying at him, albeit slowly. So he gripped the pipe harder and swung it towards the shining point on its left jaw.

*thonk*

With a whimper, the dog's trajectory changed and it crashed to the trash bin behind Mattias. Without missing a beat, he kept on hitting the dog. If he didn't he would die. He was apologizing throughout the process. After continuously hitting it for 2 minutes straight, he finally felt tired and collapsed at the opposite wall.

He was panting and the blood of the dog was everywhere on his face. He wiped it with his sleeve and didn't let his eyes off of the dog until he heard a moan from his left. When he looked, the previously eaten owner was moving, albeit only their torso. Half of their body was missing and only one of their arms was intact.

"Hah. Hah. Shit."

He got up and without minding his aching body, started running towards his house with the pipe. He needed to reach his house no matter what. The journey would take about an hour or an hour and half if you walked casually but given the circumstances it would be safe to assume that Mattias' journey back home would at least take 2 hours at best. He fixed his glasses and looked around the corner. There were zombies on the street.

"Is the TV show becoming reality?"

Even though not every dead body rose, the ones that did was stronger than when they were human. And even the animals could be the same as well. He just killed a monster-fied Akita dog. He carefully and calmly made his way home. He avoided everything that moved. He finally reached home after two and a half hours later.

He locked the door behind him and pulled the couch behind it to reinforce it. He then proceeded to close all the windows and locked them. He then closed the gas and electricity to ensure he was safe from any problems that could be caused by them and sat down on the stairs. He was living in a two-story villa. His family was very well off when they were still alive.

While still holding the pipe he started thinking.

"So a voice was heard. It talked directly into the brains of people and then some people went insane. Tearing their flesh and such. And after they died, they then started moving again, which should only be possible in a movie or a novel. And this isn't only limited to humans it seems as I saw a couple of dogs and cats in the same situation. And there was that weird feeling that I got when fighting that dog."

Thinking up to this point, he rubbed his nose and let put a sigh. He calmed down a little and when he did, he heard something falling down. He immediately jumped to his feet and held the pipe high.

'I'm not alone!'

This was his first thought.

'I checked this floor but it was empty. Then… upstairs?"

But when he heard it again, it didn't seem like it was coming from upstairs. Rather, the sound was coming from a further place and from his left side, not up. He looked towards the window and approached it. He moved the curtains to look outside but his vision was blurry.

"Huh?"

He took out his glasses and his vision cleared. This was very confusing for him as he was using glasses for 10 years. His vision getting better now was not explainable to him. Maybe the weird feeling was connected to it somehow? When he looked out the window, he saw his next door neighbor's house. Their kitchen windows were aligned so Mattias could see them while preparing meals. This time as well, he could see his neighbor clearly but this time not while preparing a meal but instead, flailing around with a blank look and a pale skin.

"You died too huh, neighbor?"

2