THE STORY OF GUSO
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Caterpillar, an amazing critter, it is born as one of the lowliest beings in this world, it has nothing going for it. Its weak, its ugly, its dumb, all it has going for it is its gluttonous appetite that drives it to eat unimaginable amounts of leaves. It is indeed Hungry, but not just hungry for food its hungry to Ascend, to become something more than just anybody's grub. To if just for a moment, be able to look at all other creatures from the sky to become something majestic! And for that purpose it goes on a mad dash of consumption, to grow, to evolve, METAMORPHOSIS! It discards everything, putting its life on the line, facing all obstacles, never giving up. A fascinating little creature, i identify with it quite a bit. In this world i was born in i am nothing but a worm, i am but fodder to these all powerful beings that dominate this land. In a world of Magic, Gods, Demons,Monsters, Geniuses, and mighty Hero Champions, i was born a normal below average human being. I can't afford to offend even those in the same boat as me. Being born human isn't necessarily bad, in fact the human race is a pretty dominant in this land. The problem is being born as a human WITHOUT any Talent, Without a calling, WITHOUT Magic, WITHOUT the know for Science, WITHOUT a blessing from Gods, TOO good to be Bad, too weak to be a formidable warrior, Nature seems to reject me, and my Potential no matter how you look at it is not even worth mentioning. Potestera! This wondrous dangerous world, in it i'm nothing but an Ant in a hill. Except even the Ants here are powerful! Those other people who are on the same boat as me are resigned, happy with not suffering or being collateral, casualties from those who struggle for the top, but i am not! I Refuse! I don't want to live as a grub forever, I want to experience how it feels to soar to the heights if just for a moment. I want to Ascend! Or is that not what our ancestral leader showed us. Is that not the creed of our Nation, My Nation VOLUTERRA! A beautiful and inspiring Republic. The last Stronghold for common man. Here Humanity has not given up EXACTLY that, its "HUMANITY!" Through our will we persevere but not just to survive but to thrive. We do not reject this worlds ideals of power and enlightenment, but we don't let it dominate us. We don't let it corrupt us. To us as long as you are willing to grow as long as you truly WILL with everything you got, we will never fall and we will never abandon you. That makes me happy, for a guy like me with my characteristics and my dreams this is probably the best place i could've been born in. Still reality is different, even though most Volunterrians say they believe in our ancestors Moto and words, in the end they are no more than idealistic rhetoric. Competition to survive is ruthless and society even more. In Volunterra unless you can back up your words with power its best to lay low. Even so,other places are even worst lets not even talk about the empire of Mightos land of Gods, even trying to live in backwater prairie or wilderness is akin to suicide. Ill take my chances here in my homeland. But my outlook isn't looking good, i can't for the life of me find a path of which to take. Volunterra offers assistance to Scientists, Magons, Followers, Warriors, Spiritualists, Naturalists and "Experts" of all kind, turns out i suck so much at all these things no reasonable master, institution, or even the government itself is willing to spend its time or resources on me. And their not very picky mind you, the world is ruthless every nation of this land works tirelessly to get both the strongest and as many "Rankers" as it can get. "Rankers!" what are Rankers. "Experts" who walk a "path" to gain power and "Ascension". They are the hope of many's dreams and aspirations. Not only for them but for their fans, followers and Nations they represent. For me as well, i wish one day to reach them, even if its at the bottom of their ranks, that is still a realm many will never achieve. But to be noticed by "HIM" is a feat worthy of a thousand generations. Honor upon your family for as long as he lives. The one who sees all, knows all, uncovers all. Potesteras Great Seeier, keeper of the Rankings.  This mysterious being can see upon everyone's potential, knows your feats and story, and uncovers the secret to your power, the source of your "battle essence". There is not much that escapes his eyes. But you must be worthy to catch his eye, once you do though, not only him, but anyone who's anyone's will take note of you in their circles, networks, and range of knowledge. That will be me someday i swear it even if i have to.....

 

" GUSO!!! STOP BEING A LAZY A** B***H THIS STUFF ISN'T GOING TO CARRY ITSELF. I know your done taking a s**t!, we need to get there before midday i'm not paying you to loaf around and daydream."

"OK! i'm going, i'm going, it wasn't even that long"

"Seriously i don't know whats wrong with you, if you keep this up you wont amount to anything in this life, specially not in my business."

 

He's wrong they are all wrong, i will amount to something, even better ill reach the top, ill leave behind this menial, meaningless, worldly life. I will escape mediocrity and the abyss of those forgotten by history. People will know and talk of me to their children and grandchildren. Ill become whole and reach a new realm. Ill be Guso! Potesteras strongest Ranker!

0