The Trouble with Adventurers
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After we finish boarding the stuff, the rest of the moving crew and i start heading down towards the outskirts of town. That includes Mr. Reyas, when we're handling an important customers possessions he likes to supervise the whole thing himself. After a couple of hours of travel we finally get close to our destination without any major hiccups. Every breaths a sigh of relief and decides to take a break. Still this last stretch of distance is were the real trouble roams. We hurry on through the outskirts of the village, taking the safest streets. We get many stares, but no one stirs trouble. I can identify all the types, scammers looking for incoming travelers, shady business man, gangsters and thugs, lowlifes and villains, a whole slew of shady people. Still these people are the least of my worries,they look scary but most of this crowd isn't any more dangerous than me. Specially not with the companies security guards traveling with us. Although they are nothing special, Mr. Reyas made sure to hire some pretty decent martial artists, retired warriors/adventurers, and even some veteran soldiers. They might not be rankers, but they are as close to one as you can get. Soon we start passing by an Inn and a nearby residential area, this is where we start seeing the real threats. Armed men and intimidating individuals, a whole slew of adventurers of all types. Its certain many among them are potential challengers, Rankers, or even Hidden Masters. Potestera is a huge world with many lands, types of people, creatures, and things to see. Even for those whose  chances of becoming a Ranker aren't the highest, many choose to travel the world and its wonders and maybe even encounter some fortune. Still for those who aren't Rankers they still tend to stay within the borders of their homeland, traveling to different lands is an almost suicidal action, one that requires strength either alone or with many individuals. To become an adventurer one can go at it as a rogue or join many of the guilds and organizations that litter the land. They offer information, supplies, allies,and many more things that far outweighs the benefits of a solo journey. But too many, being completely independent is enough to forsake all those benefits. In fact usually the strongest people travel alone, and are the most likely to become Rankers. Still, the majority of domestic adventurers are unranked members of mediocre guilds, theres safety in numbers. The problem is in their attempts to rise in the ranks, they tend to travel to fringe towns and villages and can end up becoming a nuisance to local authorities and citizens. Although they might be unranked they are still quite formidable. They would not be eyeing a Ranker position if they didn't have some strength. That is specially the case for Beans village, since its not only in ripe hunting and exploring grounds, but also because of its rapid increase in population and development. Its quite comfortable for adventurers to semi settle down here while they work things out. As soon as the company members saw what we feared most, everyone tensed up and became even more vigilant. To be honest our party wasn't anything to scoff at, even most porters like myself had some sort of combat experience or training. It would take quite a powerful person to mess with us. But that was exactly what we where most wary off this was the place where such an individual was most likely to be at. We walked through most of the danger zone unscathed, but just as we almost made it to safety a group of individuals blocked our route.

 

"Shitt!!! So close!!!"

 

I scream in my mind. Why can't people mind their damn business! I start praying in my heart that hopefully these people are good people and mean us no harm.... who am i kidding we're probably screwed. What the heck could people like them want with a couple of unimportant company workers and their boss, if not trouble. Speaking of which, i turn around and look at Mr. Reyas, he seems awfully calm in contrast to whats actually going on. He was probably expecting it. It would be too much of a miracle to travel through this area without a single incident happening. The men approach and stop a couple of meters in front of us. There's three of them, two with pretty above average height, dark hair, and both seem to have that henchmen vibe to them. They wore your typical adventurer equipment, light armor, and combat fit clothing underneath. One wielded the sword, the other a double sided axe. The third person was probably the leader of the bunch. He certainly made sure to play the part. He wore light metal armor underneath an extravagant blue black cloak. Didn't really look to battle efficient, but what do i know, he's certainly stronger than me. The man is young, not older than 25 but with an imposing and arrogant demeanor. Looking into his eyes, made you feel like he was seeing right through you and all your weaknesses. Truly frightening! As soon as they stop in front of us, Mr. Reyas walked forward politely gestured towards them and carefully asked,

 

"My name is Sinris Reyas owner of 'Reyas moving and transportation' would you gentlemen do me the honor of knowing your names and how we can offer assistance to the kind sirs."

The Young man scoffed and rudely answered,

"Are you guys carrying Wielder Recondos possessions?"

As soon as Mr. Reyas heard the mans response his face stiffened, and he no longer looked as calm as before. In fact he started sweating profusely from all over his face. At the same time i was even worse, as soon as i heard what the man said i new the worst possible outcome had presented itself. "Wielder Recondo", nobody who was not at least at Mr. Recondos level would dare address him in that manner. If they did, they were either really stupid or not afraid of Mr. Recondo and just as powerful. What does that mean, the man standing right in front was at least confident to take on a B rank expert without any fear. That was absolutely something we could not take on and expect to leave with our life's intact. Let alone guard against him for material objects. Damn my rotten luck if i new this was going to happen i would've stayed at home.

 

0