The Victor of a Thousand Battles
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Otherworlders! 

Special mortals who originate from another world, rumors say they come from far away planets, other dimensions, or even a higher plane. Regardless, one fact remains every single Otherworlder regardless of how he got here, or in what state, has become a world defying eminence. They do not become just Rankers, they become global powerhouses capable of toppling kingdoms, countries, and even civilizations. Records of their arrivals in Potestera exist even before the rise of Potestera's Seeier. There are rumors of them even having completely conquered neighboring civilized planets! It seems that the sole purpose of their arrival is to destabilize or completely overturn the status quo of those unfortunate Worlds. Potestera has not been saved from that either, in fact it seems we have been the unluckiest, with dozens of recorded Otherworlders and their like, recorded throughout history, having caused a global ruckus every single time. Even worst rumors say there are quite potentially, more than one Otherworlder currently vying to rise to the top of the rankings, something that is hard to confirm as the Seeier, for some odd reason, never reveals those Otherworlders himself. They usually do a good job of advertising themselves as soon as their powerful enough. People like to joke around that because of those reasons and many more, the Seeier isn't very fond of Otherworlders, and purposely meddles in or thwarts in their journey to the top. Much is known about Otherworlders but simultaneously that amounts to almost nothing in regards to their individual abilities, it is said they are actually one of the few beings who can evade the Seeiers uncovering abilities ( another reason to add for his enmity), and can only wait for them to reveal that information themselves. They are the most mysterious and powerful experts in the Rankings, almost no Rankers wish to fight them in direct, one on one battle, they say its akin to  handy capping yourself with a blindfold. Experts, most Rankers, never want to face in their lifetime, that was what was directly standing in front of us. It seemed that today only got worse and worse as time went on.

 

"I am in a good mood today, cut off your right hands and get out of my sight, or else be ready to be  erased from this world. Or you know what do what you will, if you struggle like worms i can only further strengthen my "War Essence" it'll be like a snack, hahahaha, today really is a good day. "

 

Everyone shuddered, what what was it he said? cut off our right hand is he insane!, he might as well put us out of our misery. Man whats wrong with these people, can't they just leave us regular civilians out of their problems? why get us involved and ruin our lives what benefits does it bring them? And this crazy f*ck Kinos, screw him and his "OtherDump" for sending this mad a**head to us, why didn't he stay to ruin his other world? And this Battle essence or whatever he's talking about just the sound of it is making my stomach churn. Mr. Reyas held his ground, he didn't respond to Kinos but he was visibly under enormous pressure, he glanced at one of his guards the Guard glanced back knowingly and gave him a respectful nod. I knew what that meant. He was all in. Mr. Reyas took a deep breath and shouted,

 

"If you and your stooges think you can come to our land and bully me Sinris Reyas you have another thing coming, i will never destroy my Companys reputation for vile creatures like you, you said you where the future of Volunterra, don't make me laugh Volunterra has never allowed lowly villain like vermin like you, to bring shame to our nation. You might be a little strong, but with that personality of yours to have come here to Volunterra, i don't care if you're an Otherwolder, Realm Traveler, or the reincarnation of Mightos himself, you are going to have a bad time here and will never earn the respect of anyone! Guards defend the Caravan with your lives!

 

"YESS SIRRR"

 

What a brave man; all of a sudden i no longer felt scared, i even felt a little ashamed for having thoughts of fleeing when the chaos started. This is my test this is my moment of glory, even if i die i'm gonna die fighting an Otherworlder that's not so bad. Screw it lets do it i'm gonna go all out!

 

"A LITTLE STRONG! A little strong, what do worms like you know about being strong, let alone being able measure the vastness of the abilities, of a being like me. People from this world, are beyond hows the saying go, a frog under a well, more like maggots under the dirt! You old worm you dare speak to me like that, well i'm going to show you the difference between the heavens and the earth. I'm going to give you the honor of witnessing true strength, before i make my hands filthy ridding this world of things not even worthy of being called trash like you. Behold your nightmare, i War Sage Kinis, the world of Remasos' Legendary General King, victor of a thousand war battles has come to conquer this world! Never ruin a good day for me again!"

 

The sky went dark red, our surroundings became oppressive like death and a feeling of agony was invading our every sense, my ears started ringing and i had an overwhelming urge to bend over and throw up. It was the worse sensation i had ever felt... is this what hell was like...was i dead... if i wasn't, all i could do was wish that soon a swift death would come, and free me from this nightmare. Then it got worse, an incessant cackle invaded our ears the ringing turned into a pounding pain that fluctuated with the sound of the cackle. A shattering headache even worse than before ensued, what was this? Was it Kinis? I used every ounce of will and strength i had left to look up and stare at that man, when my eyes finally reached where he was at, and i managed align my vision with his, what i saw was perhaps the single most terrifying thing i had ever seen in my life. Corpses exploding, be-headings, mutilations, live incineration's, torture methods too gruesome to describe, kids crying, woman wailing, old men screaming for their lives. Skin tearing, face splitting, appendage destruction, rivers and rivers of blood. What was this? Was this war? Is this what i have too look forward too? If this is what a battle is like, then maybe i should be content with being a normal weak civilian.

 

"MEN! stand strong! Its just an illusion, the battle has just begun, fight for your dear life, fight for your family, the will, you men that I've worked with have, is worthy enough to call yourselves citizens of Volunterra! FIGHT I SAY!"

 

The one who spoke was the guard who had made eye contact with Mr. Reyas earlier, a big man with red hair, and a black beard, scars all over his face, and eyes as steady as the surface of the pond. I always thought Mr. Likus was an imposing man, out of all of us right now he was the one who was faring the best. Next thing we new we heard a howl, weird protrusions started coming out of Mr. Likus's body, like the bones trying to tear his skin off. Mr. Reyas looked over and had a look of regret on his face he then screamed,

 

"Likus!!! Your family will never want anything, my promise will always hold true no one will slander your name. Honor upon your Family for a thousand generations!"

 

Any trace of hesitation on Likus's face vanished a bright flash appeared, and in his place a huge 10 ft tall red, black, and, gold beast stood on hind legs. His eyes resolute, his aura powerful, the mere sight of his presence drawing terror, but simultaneously admiration, and in our case hope.

 

0