The Rise and Fall of a Ranker
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The guards and everyone around stared at the Beast standing were Likus once stood their jaws almost falling to the floor. The presence of the Beast had reduced the power of Kinis's "Field Effect",
this made Kinis sneer, never had he felt such humiliation.

"A 'WAREHUMAN!', Likus was a Warehuman this whole time!" shouted one of the guards,

Everyone around gasped in amazement, one of the citizens of their village who has living with them for more than 40 years, who held one of the most respectable positions among them, town guard, neighborhood watch leader, Mr. Reyas best friend, everyone knew he used to be an adventurer but none taught too much about it. That man, that kind hearted dependable man was one of potesteras most feared beings a Warehuman. Warehumans where not a natural existance they were usually the result of a Magon or Dark Magons curse, usually a witches or a warlock, although other origins do exist. Although they could be termed "beast mortals" they were different than beast people, demi-humans, and sentient or enlightened beasts in many ways. Most warehumans didn't have control over their powers and usually ran feral. They also carried the curse along with them, infecting or cursing those unfortunate enough to share blood contact with them to varying effects. These traits resulted in them being disliked and hunted in many places, and despite the power boost they received nobody wanted to be a Warehuman, ironic being that this was Potestera. And Warehumans were indeed powerful, most had an immunity to magic, strong curse powers, and unfathomable levels of strength, speed, and regeneration; surpassing your average beast person by a mile. It was like the difference between heaven and earth. Likus looked like he was a special kind of Warehuman though, he even seemed to have full control over the power. Maybe the end wasn't near after all, who new Likus was so amazing, i'm glad i never got on his bad side.

The double sided axe henchman opened his eyes in realization and immediately turned around and spoke to Kinis, "Boss i think i know who this is, there were rumors and cautionary tales that a long time ago there was a fast rising ranker from this nation whom ended up getting cursed because of his stupidity and arrogance, and was hunted down and defeated, until he ultimately fell off the rankings and disappeared, it just so happens the name of that ranker was Likus as what their calling this trash creature in front of us."

Kinus raised his eyebrow in surprise and responded, "interesting so there was another ranker among your group this day has just gotten even more enjoyable, i guess me using my power wasn't a complete waste, ill pound two washouts to the ground today and out of the Ranker world and use your blood and your humiliation as stepping stones for my rise in glory. First it'll be this town, then the country, then the world. I see it now War Sage Kinis, Great General King of Potestera, Conquerer of worlds hahahaha."

"HAAAARUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" a great terrifying howl interrupted Kinis laughter,

"Come you stupid beast show me what you have, lets see if you can even reach me, Hyutings, Rantelo, cut this mangy mutt to pieces, let him know what it means to interrupt me, Kinis."

Just as i was thinking on whether Kinis could get any more annoying and cringe with his third person self referencing,a blast of wind hit my face. I turned to where Likus once stood but he was no longer there, i turned back to where Kinis and his men stood and what i saw left me in shock. The axe wielding henchman Rantelo was cleaved into three parts from waist to head splurtting blood all over. This had all happened in less than a second. How terrifying was this, a battle between Rankers, is this the height i must one day reach. Likus looked at Kinis and the sword wielding henchman, and opened his mouth.

"Those who go around and bully the weak, and bother those who do not wish to be bothered are the real trash, you are an Otherworlder right, well let me give you a proper welcome to this world and to my country Volunterra you evil scum."

All the guards and porters in our side started cheering, i could see Likus have a look on his face that was akin to a smile, perhaps he had missed the life of a Ranker, perhaps he felt alive once again, the feeling of resurgence after losing his once great standing as a Ranker and falling from a hero to a villain. I could see it all in his face. Sometimes the life of a Ranker was akin to that of a bright and violent Star, flashing the brightest, but with the shortest life of all the other celestial objects. This was Likus's last bright and violent flash before the end. His last moment of glory.

"hahahaha you think im scared of you because of your little stunt, that trash Rantelo was only a D level Ranker, nothing in comparison to me, but still you dare kill my servants in front of me, that's like directly spitting in my face, ill make sure your death is slow and painful. Now SUFFER!! GENERALS WARFIELD!!!

A haze covered the floor my feet immediately suffered excruciating pain, what in the hell was this guys "power" was this magic? No it didn't seem like it, the field was effecting Mr. Likus as well, Warehumans are immune to magic. I see what he's doing, he's sealing his opponents movements lowering their speed. Damn it seems like his powers can affect your battle capabilities without even touching you, with a bunch of statuses, field effects and mental shocks, how broken is that, then again i still haven't seen him attack maybe that's all there is to it, maybe that's why he has henchman, hes actually only good at support. Those were my hopes but then how could he be the leader if that was the case regardless of how strong his disrupting powers may be. Still maybe Likus can win!

"You think this will slow me down dream on"

Likus lunged forward with almost the same speed as before, still it was obvious the field was having an effect on him.

"Sonic Slash!"

a great powerful wind force flew straight from Likus's claws and struck the sword wielding swordsman cutting him up and blasting him away. Now only Kinus was the only one left to face, things were looking up. Likus immediately charged towards him with ferocious glistening claws.

"Golden Claws!"

Likus claws flashed a brilliant golden flash, what an awesome power. This, this is what i want, power to never back down, power to never fold or compromise my principles. Likus is so freaking awesome, slash that a**bag to pieces Likus! Likus reached Kinis and slashed down with what seemed to be the force of the whole world. But right at the moment of impact, Kinus smirked, a dark red line flashed for a moment and seconds later a deafening impact noise. From the impact scene emerged Likus, but what we all saw made us tremble in fear. His right arm was completely severed, and a look of agony was plastered on Likus face. The nightmare had returned.

0