The Pain of Recovery
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hehehe you damn mutt, try regenerating now you piece of annoying trash. Hahahaha of course even if you do you're still going to be pierced through the chest by my weapon, do you like it, the feeling of rage, and the pain of a thousand wars, directly piercing into your body hahahaha!"

I looked at the scene in front of me, not having even the slightest idea what i should do next. Should i run now that he's distracted, should i hide, should i save Likus , no what could i do to a being that even a powerhouse like Likus couldn't defeat. It was terrifying, there Likus was suspended in the air eyes bloodshot seeming to be incapable of even moving. Was that weapon poisoned? It didn't look normal, it didn't even look like metal. In fact it didn't even look solid it was semi transparent. What the he** he can create weapons out of no where! To be honest i wouldn't even be surprised, im more frustrated and pissed how bad our odds of getting out of here alive are getting by the second. Damn it all why am i so useless, i feel so powerless this day has just smashed my dreams and aspirations one after another. Reality is cruel. Still i cant give up!Likus please don't give up! Dont let it end like this, why must people like you die? To us trash and weaklings you're all the hope we have. Why is it that its not enough?! Why must good people die?

Likus felt an unbearable pain permeate his body and mind, his vision went black and soon after torturing images of war and massacres filled his vision. He hadn't experienced pain and torture like this in a while, it was as if they were directly wounding his soul, and the assault was never ending. It reminded him of his encounter with that extra dimensional being, the cruelty he experienced under his captivity. The feeling of wanting to die but not being able to. Your will being broken through excruciating pain, yet reignited with hope once it was over. Only for that hope to be grinded back down again to nothing but despair as your freedom, autonomy, and sense of self was forever lost. But despite all that he found himself again. He escaped. He came back and slowly but surely he regained most of what he had lost. At least what mattered, what was most important. He fell, he cried, howled in pain, he lost and got lost, more times than he could count,but he would never go back to that place of eternal defeat again. He couldn't, not for him,not for those he loved, not for those who depended on him. This wasn't an illusion,it was reality, this was the hell millions had lived because of the world's pain and suffering. These feelings and sensations where very familiar to him. All they wanted was peace.

"Nooo!!! Not again, today i conquer you, today i reclaim what is mine, Yes! i am afraid, but im not done, people depend on me, past & present today i free myself of the chains that have clenched onto my soul! What is fear in the face of selflessness, what is pain in the face of vindication, what is sadness in the face of joy, the joy of soaring above all this wretchedness!"

Suddenly Likus consciousness returned. He had broken through. He had ascended to a new realm. Life came back to his eyes, more determined than ever.

"You Wretched vile being i have seen through your powers, your like pestilence that thrives and lives off of others pain and suffering. For the world to create spawn like you, i will never understand, but i don't care today your ill will and intent shall meet a dead end."

When i heard him it was like i heard the heavens themselves sing. But what Likus did after did nothing to alleviate my worries. Instead of escaping Kinis grasp, he further impaled himself with the weapon until he was face to face with him. Kinis was just as surprised as i was, and obviously didn't know how to respond. I mean his enemy was only further digging his grave. I wouldn't know what to do either, to out crazy a wackjob like Kinis, even i didn't expect that from Likus. Before anyone could recover from the shock and confusion, Likus and the energy and blood around him underwent a transformation. It all turned into an eerie and crystalline black. Soon that blackness enveloped most of his body, and with both his hands he reached out and hugged Kinis into a tight hold.

"What are you doing you stupid beast, no matter how much you struggle, your death is certain, there's nothing your dirty paws can do to harm me,so get them off me this instance or i will give you an even crueler death than the one i had planned!"

"Hahahaha it is true i am too weak, i indeed can't physically harm you, but it seems your quite the fan of chaos and destruction, well try to feed off of this, lets see if you're the real deal or not Kinis the War Sage!!! Curse of Understanding!!!"

The black force surrounding Likus converged and started to engulf Kinis, Kinis tried to move but Likus was holding on to him with all his might. Finally he gave up struggling, the weapon that was piercing through Likus disappeared and above Kinis a new one emerged. This time the oddly shaped weapon, that was like a spear and an axe, cleaved down right into Likus upper arms, severing them both from his body. More blood splurted
everywhere and Kinis was freed. Suddenly, unexpectedly this time it was Likus who started laughing like a maniac.

"Rararararara it is complete! with the spilling of my blood by your own hands, combined with your blood you have only sealed your future, let my sacrifice, bring you eternal pain and justice to those to whom you have tortured."

Kinis touched and wiped the wound he had in his cheek, which Likus had inflicted with his severed arm. Sudden realization dawned upon him. Likus wasnt trying to consume him with the black force, its aim was the blood in his wound the entire time.

" HOW DARE YOU, YOU MONGREL! For that i wont just slay you, but put your entire lineage into eternal suffering as well. To try and soil my noble blood! Your measly life cant compare let all those you care about redeem your grotesque crime!"

"Do what you want you'll only be torturing yourself, besides the deed is done, have fun being cursed you spineless coward."

I saw as the energy around Likus enveloped him and soon after there was nothing of him but a few golden lights. The dark force dispersed with a small sliver marking itself unto Kinis's skin. Kinis screamed in Rage. It was over Likus was gone. And with him our hope.

0