19. Conflict
135 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vera 4 Police Station!

Arriving there once again, Ciel begins to feel that being a policr is not such a bad thing.

He touched Dark Crow's feet, telling it to leave for a while.

The bird immediately flew through the window.

After that, Ciel got down from the car.

He and the others weren't the only group that came, there were several other police groups led by Captain I and his Vice Captains.

Compared to the other Captain I who looked to be in their 30s, Ciel was definitely too young.

Hence, he immediately caught the attention of those Captains the moment he appeared.

One even came up to him, standing in front of him so he had no other choice but to stop in his tracks.

"What's wrong?" Ciel asked, looking the captain straight in the eye.

He is a blonde haired man with a thick beard. His stomach is a little potty, making him look older. Maybe he really is older.

But that was only appearance-wise, his aura was actually quite deep, indicating that he was extremely strong.

The name on his uniform is Anson.

After being asked by Ciel, he knit his brows. His gaze then landed on the sword crest on Ciel's shoulder.

The other policemen grinned, looking forward to how Ciel would act.

Even his three Vice Captains just watched in silence.

In the end, there is something the Police lacks in comparison to the military.

In the Police, politics is quite blatant and it involves all the police, from the Junior Police to the Commissioners. This is different from the Military where new politics is seen at the general level.

Pa!

Anson's palm landed on Ciel's shoulder.

He said, "tell me, do you deserve this?"

His voice was loud, causing civilians who happened to be passing by after leaving the office to stop to watch.

Some even took out cameras to record.

However, the policemen on duty immediately stopped them, telling them to leave.

Vera 4 would be in a frenzy if scenes like that leaked onto the internet.

"Am I deserve?" Ciel repeated Anson's words.

He moved his hand to remove her hand from her shoulder and replied, “Probably not, but I took this position because I know there are too many incompetent ones here. —Like you!”

"..."

His answer instantly made the other policr freeze.

Some may not believe what they hear so they ask, "what did he just say?"

Unfortunately, no one dared to repeat his words because it would be tantamount to insulting the captains there.

On the other hand, Ciel took a step, leaving the frozen Anson behind.

He didn't look at him, but sh thought about what he needed to do with him so he wouldn't bother him next time.

Upon entering the station, he was summoned by Johnny Allen to his office while Kaiya and the others went to report their work.

When Ciel arrived at Johnny Allen's office, he found the man standing at the window, looking out over the courtyard.

He seemed to see his conflict with Anson.

The latter turned around and said, "Anson is Alex's subordinate, the Oversight Department Head. The latter has quite a few connections, so he isn't afraid of me. But don't worry, as long as I'm here, your position will be secure. You'll also get a promotion as long as you make a good feat."

Ciel somewhat did not expect that Johnny would care so much about him. He wondered what kind of dean was in his eyes that he treated him like that just because he entered under the dean's recommendation.

Of course, that wasn't something one could ask, he replied, "thanks, chief!"

"By the way." Johnny then went to his desk.

He took out a card, showed it to Ciel.

"As a captain, you have the right to live in an official residence, this is your electronic key as well as your residence permit," he said.

Ciel approached and took the card.

He looked at the address.

It was not far from the office, in the same neighborhood as the official residence of another agency.

Meanwhile, Jhonny added, "That's the only facility given by your current position. However, you can still take the police car home."

After saying that, Johnny asked Ciel to leave.

The latter went down to the first floor thinking whether he needed to move into the official residence.

However, after a moment of thought, he decided to think about it later.

For now, he still wants to stay in his house.

It's about convenience.

With minimal influence, living in an official environment may not be a good choice.

The work in the station was done quickly.

When the sky had darkened a bit, Ciel and the others left again.

Smith, who was driving in front, couldn't help but ask after the car pulled out of the station yard. "Captain, where are we going?"

From his expression, he didn't seem to mind being invited to a party.

Ciel calmly replied, "Sun Club!"

"Are you sure, captain?" Kaiya asked after hearing the answer.

It may not be the most expensive Club, but it's still top class, a place for the elite.

Of course, as Police Vera 4, their entertainment venues were almost always high-end clubs, but they needed certain conditions, such as invitations from club owners because they simply weren't rich enough to spend their own money in such places.

Ciel didn't answer, he rested his head on his hands, closing his eyes.

Just now he received another message from Horikita.

The woman sent a QR Code which was their room ticket.

As long as he showed the code to the club's security guards, he could enter freely without having to pay anything else.

2