{Arc 01.00}[ 000 ] Prologue
1.6k 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a dark and stormy night. The grass and trees were buffeted so hard, some were uprooted and got carried away by the wind. Mother Nature was having a difficult time, however, she was not the only one going through turmoil. In a certain house, there was a woman who was yelling and wailing in pain.

She was lying on top of a comfortable bed, but it did little to soften her pain. Her stomach was large and it seemed to be causing her intense pain. Because of this, she was unable to lie still and made wild movements on the bed.

A man stood next to her with a petrified expression on his face as he held the hand of the woman. Then he looked at the woman wearing a maid uniform standing near him. Catching his eye, she made a reassuring face.

“Master, please calm down. There are no problems to the mistress,” the maid said to him in a reassuring voice.

He nodded wordlessly and started to breathe deeply to calm down. His wife looked at him in a fluster and made a wry smile. Looking at his panicked face seemed to have calmed her down slightly.

“Madam, now please, take a deep breath.”

“Nn!”

The pregnant woman’s husband watched the pained expression of his wife as he continued to hold her hand tightly. He continually said, “Give it your best…” while feeling helpless.

A few tense moments later the baby was safely born. It was a boy. His hair colour was black and so was the colour of his eyes. As the maid passed the baby over to the mother, she held her son in her arms and hugged him while sighing in relief.

“Thank goodness… his hair isn’t… blonde.”

Hearing those words, her husband caressed her head. Her hair was a beautiful blonde colour.

“Oh, don’t be like that,” he said cheerfully. “If it was blonde hair, he would look almost as attractive as me!”

With that he thrust his chest out with pride, causing his wife to smile. She then passed the baby to him.

“Oh, wow,” he said as he held his son in his arms.

The baby had a high temperature and a crying voice that was loud and noisy. He also had small hands, small head, small lips with a small nose. The baby was overflowing with life. Realising the significance of holding a life in his arms, the husband smiled happily.

“A baby… A real baby…!” he said as tears formed in his eyes. “Oh please…” she said wearily while rolling her eyes.

Just when he was about to hug the boy, the maid took the baby from his hands. Then she faced him with a disapproving expression on her face.

“Master, please be careful. With your iron grip, you will hurt the child.” “Oh… right!” he said, confused at first before realising what she meant.

He had almost completely forgotten to watch his strength. His well-shaped muscles and the line of his body belonged to those that trained under the extreme intensity. Even his hands belonged to those that practiced the sword on a regular basis. In the corner of the room, a sword stood gleaming in the light from the room.

Realising the grave mistake he had been about to make, he bowed to the maid and said “I’m sorry!”

She simply nodded and moved to the wife.

Since then, a few days have passed and the condition of both the mother and child stabilised.

One day, both the husband and the wife were talking to each other and making plans for their child. While they were discussing future plans, the maid was busily looking after the baby.

“I think he should train with the sword,” the husband said in a firm voice.

“Why the sword? Shouldn’t we test to see his potential with magic?” the wife asked him hopefully.

“Come on, Lakshmi. I can’t have my son doing soft stuff.”

“Indra! That’s rude to say about magicians!”

“I want him to grow up to be big and strong like his father. Not become soft and weak by stuffing himself into books like his mother.”

“You know that you’re having a prejudgment mentality about magicians, right? I mean, think about all the people we know that can use magic.”

“Yes and all of them are weak. Look at my master, Darian Ronald the Sword King! He purely fights using nothing, but his sword and the Weapon Force!”

Lakshmi sighed and said “But there’s a chance for him to-!”

“No, buts, Lakshmi! End of discussion!” Indra said in a tone of finality.

With no choice, Lakshmi dropped the subject. So it was decided that their son will begin his life, at the age of seven, by training with the sword. After settling that matter, they moved onto naming their son.

“What should we name him…?” Indra said in a wondering voice. “Hmm… how about… Ragava?” Lakshmi suggested hopefully.

“Why Ragava? That doesn’t sound entertaining. It’s got to be something with a glory in it.”

“Glory? Are you expecting him to make a fame of himself?”

“Isn’t that something all fathers dream about their sons?”

“I don’t know, but I definitely know one sitting next to me,” Lakshmi muttered in a low voice.

“Hey! I heard that!” he said indignantly. “How about Deva?”

“Sounds like a bad guy’s name. Maybe Vijayandra?”

“It’s a bit too straightforward to me.”

“I don’t see you doing any better!”

“What’s that you say?!”

The maid listened to their conversation and watched as they glared at each other. Finally, sighing, she chipped in and said “How about the name… Lakshman?”

They turned to her in surprise. Then they looked at each other. The wife had a thoughtful expression on her face while the husband folded his arms and looked impressed.

“I quite like the name. Lakshman… Goes well with being Lucky, right?”

“I… I’m not so sure…”

She looked really worried as she turned and looked at her sleeping baby. He was her first child, born only a few days ago. Her husband moved over and hugged her gently.

“Are you perhaps thinking about that time Lakshmana Sahour sacrificed his life to save you?”

She nodded but did not speak. Lakshmana Sahour died in the process of saving her while they were exploring a Monster Dungeon. Remembering the past experience, she felt guilty and wondered if something like that will happen to her son.

“It’s alright,” he said as he hugged her tightly. “He is our son and, more importantly, my son. He possesses my blood within him. When he grows up, he’ll become as strong as me.

Maybe even stronger! Heck! He’ll become so strong, I bet he will start showing off right in front of me!”

As he laughed at his joke, his wife smiled slightly.

“Come on, Lakshmi,” he said grudgingly. “You owe that man your life. I think it’s just fair to name your son after your saviour.”

She remained silent for a moment. Then she looked up at her husband and smiled.

“Okay, Indra. While I am still unconvinced, I understand my debt to him that day and I will approve of our son having that name.”

“Alright!” he exclaimed cheerfully. “Lakshman Reddy, but let’s call him Lucky for short.”

"Lucky?" She asked and looked amazed. "Of course. Lakshman stands for Lucky! Why didn't I think of that?"

"See that? I'm better at giving names than you!" Her husband said with a grinning face.

She giggled and nodded in consent, but their son did not hear any of this. Lakshman slept blissfully, not knowing the radical phase in his life he will go through once he reaches the age of seven.

I'm writing for fun and just like to spread my work for others to read and enjoy. So, if you don't like it, please don't bash me over it.

14