Chapter XCI A Conversation with Two Goddesses
5.4k 44 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arlie stepped into the front room to find four small figures staring at an excited and naked goddess. One that seemed to be ignoring the tentacle monster in the room. The rather confused tentacle monster seemed to be watching the scene and had no idea what to make of it.

Arlie moved around the scene and walked up to the tentacle creature, and when she was standing near it, connected with it telepathically. It responded instantly, “You seem familiar in some way. Not my creator, but there seems to be a connection somewhere.”

Arlie nodded, “You were made by my son. In a way, that makes you my granddaughter, but he did not exactly do you any justice with your looks. I can fix that if you like.”

The monster practically buzzed, before sending with excited force, “Make me a cute girl. I want to be a cute girl like the people I changed. They look so much happier now. I want that too.”

“I could. Anyway, what do you think of Kuwi? The cute naked girl over there that is having fun with the girls you changed.”

It observed the goddess for a moment, and replied, “I have no idea what to make of her. Although she genuinely seems to love cute girls, why ask?”

She giggled, “Kuwi is the local Goddess of Cute Little Girls. I felt you might be interested in choosing her as your patron. Taking her would also help me bring out the cute girl inside you.”

The monster hovered silently. Its mind clearly in thought for a few moments, before finally, it spoke, “What about my creator, Marcus? Why can’t he be my patron?”

Arlie sighed, “You have been sleeping a long time. If it wasn’t for the nearby dungeon providing the mana you needed to hatch, you would likely still be sleeping. I am afraid my son Marcus died long ago.”

The monster shifted, its tentacles waving a bit. Clearly it was curious about how that happened. After a moment, however, it calmed down, and said, “I would love to know how that happened, but I have a feeling that you don’t want to talk about it.”

Arlie chuckled wryly, and said, “The pain can fade, but it never goes away. Anyway, what do you think about Kuwi? Or would you rather someone else?”

The creature glanced over at the naked goddess, who had two small girls caught in her embrace. They were getting quite the petting session, and the other two were watching warily. “She seems to like my work. Maybe we can get along, and you said that taking her would help you bring out the cute girl in me?”

Arlie smiled, “Perfect!”

Before the creature could say a word, she was already talking to Kuwi. “Hey, Kuwi! I have someone I would like you to take under your wing.”

Kuwi released the pair and came over. Arlie smiled and showed her the tentacle monster. She looked at it. Her face scrunched for a moment, and then her eyes widened. With a note to her voice, she said, “Poor girl. Trapped in such an ugly form. Such irony as well. She can bring out the cute girl hidden inside everyone else, but she is helpless to help herself.”

Arlie leaned over, “I thought you would like her.” 

Pressing something into Kuwi’s palms, she continued, “Why don’t you use that and help her out. I need to talk to the adventurers you were playing with.”

Kuwi nodded and brought the object up. A light shone from it, and it was clear that she was lost in her own world. Bringing out the cute girl, she saw inside the mass of tentacles.

Arlie took the moment to head over to the four adventurers. They noticed her approach and viewed her suspiciously. She sat down near them, and focused on the one nearest to her. A young woman by the name of Nia. “I wanted to talk to you four about your experiences with one of my son’s creations.”

Nia took a moment to find her voice, “How?... How does a monster encounter lead to an encounter with two goddesses? Especially one that is not their creation?”

Arlie giggled, “My son was a bit of a trouble maker, and had a little hobby. One you four have gotten acquainted with. Now I think it is a little unfair to leave you four like this. I am willing to change you four back, and since it is my fault for not finding this lab, and cleaning up my son’s mess, I will waive my traditional charge.”

Nia glanced down at herself, “In my case, this isn’t much of a change. Although, Mia is having some problems. She was a boy.”

The girl in question spoke up, “Don’t! I think I can live with this, and I don’t like being in debt. I especially don’t want to owe a god.”

Arlie looked Mia over, “Are you sure? This is a take it or leave it offer. A chance to go back to how you were without cost. I won’t make it again.”

Mia nodded, “I am sure. I would feel like I owe you, and I would never be able to repay that debt.”

Arlie sighed, “Two rejections right off the bat. Well, I suggest you consider Kuwi as your patron. You will find her very beneficial to you with your recent change. She really dotes on Lolitas like you two.” Turning to the silent pair. The small dwarf girl and the former middle-aged man had so far not said anything.

Before Arlie could say anything, the dwarf girl gestured to her body, and said, “In my case, this is even less of a change than Nia’s. I haven’t lost any height, and my figure has actually improved a little. I think this is an improvement.”

“Well, what about young Molly there? What does she think?”

Molly sighed, “Well, I am not sure. I was always short, and this hasn’t changed that. Only my gender and apparent age have changed.”

Arlie nodded, “Alright, Nia is fine with her change. Mia has problems but doesn’t want to owe a debt. Molly needs more time to think, and Maple feels that her change was an improvement. Does that sum things up?”

They nodded. Arlie surveyed their faces and found no deceit there. Arlie wasn’t surprised the people of this world had a healthy respect for the gods. She sighed, “I guess that offer was pointless then. Instead, I’ll leave an open offer for one minor favor. If you four ever need to cash in on it, Bordertown’s dungeon knows how to contact me. You can safely get into contact with her through the local guild. Also, I should reiterate that Kuwi would make a great patron for you four.”

Nia gave her a look and asked, “I thought gods always were trying to recruit followers for themselves. Why are you trying to find them for Kuwi?”

Arlie smiled, “Well, she is my subordinate god. I created her, and in a way that makes her my daughter. That means you can think of her as part of my pantheon. I am trying to find the best patron in my pantheon for you.”

“Why do you think you are not a good fit?” asked Nia with a cute face.

Arlie shifted, and knowing Nia didn’t really know what she represented decided to enlighten her, “I am the goddess of Creation and Destruction. I represent the duality of the cycle. I forged Solkira from nothing, but I also possess the power to destroy it. On many worlds, I am called 'the god with two faces'. Many in the shadow pantheon have a duality to them. Systeria, the goddess who governs the system, is a good example of this. On one side we are a force of good, but we are also a force for evil. Kuwi is also a decent example, if not immediately apparent. Although she is a lesser example. As for myself, I may have created many worlds like Solkira, but I was also the destroyer of many others. The blood of an entire race is on my hands. Yet other races owe me their very existence.”

Nia gave her an odd look, and then after a moment’s pause, “I doubt a god like you would erase an entire race from existence without reason. Although, I think I understand. Anyway, I am curious. What other worlds have you created?”

Arlie leaned forward a broad smile on her face. “I have created so many that we would be here all day if I described them all, and still not be done. I think I’ll just give a few general examples. I have created worlds governed by magic, others governed only by science. Some are inspired recreations of ancient fiction, others wholly original. Speaking of fiction, I created several inspired by a series called pokemon. A very different sort of world, in which people catch the titular creature, pokemon, with capture balls. Pokemon wield fantastic powers and are kept as pets, but also to do battle with each other or compete in spectacular contests. I created a few different worlds based on that fiction each one tailored to reflect a different culture. There is the original version with some changes made for consistency, the whole generations thing meant I had my work cut out for me. After that is the Terran version made to reflect the Terran contribution to the franchise, and then there is the Solean version. We Soleans had our own version of the story that better reflected our culture just like the Terrans did.

“That was not the only fictional world I recreated. Another was from a fiction called Yugioh. It was a different sort of world in which people did battle with magical cards. Fighting things called duels. These cards had power although there was some inconsistency between its series. I had to do some reworking to fit modern Solean and Terran culture, but I created an interesting world that properly reflects Solean and Terran culture while keeping to the root of the series.

“Then there are the completely original worlds. My home is one such world. A world known as Valiere. I shaped that world to be one of magic, but different from this one. For one, there is no system there. It is a lovely world filled with diverse and differing cultures, rich in a wide array of magics and a long history. Populated with many races, like the common goblin to the more fantastical like the Rylark. Speaking of Rylarks, don’t be surprised that you don’t know of them, there aren’t any on Solkira. I could easily go on forever about my home, but I think I would rather show it to you. The forests around the villa where I built my house are fantastic. Towering Ironwoods reach up into the sky. Countless hills dot the landscape, and in the distance, towering majestic peaks seem to threaten to pierce the sky. It can really be breathtaking at night when the twin moons are full and light the landscape. You would have to see it to really understand it though.”

Nia nodded, and said, “I guess I will. I’ll consider your advice on patrons as well.”

Arlie smiled, “I know she may not have given the best impression, but she has a good heart. Even the power of her new charge over there won’t tempt her much, even if most would think it is a disaster in the making. Don’t get me wrong, she will use it, but not on everyone. She will use it on those she thinks would most appreciate the gift.”

Nia looked over to Kuwi, and her new charge. Her eyes widened in an instant, and then she jabbed Mia who also looked over. Mia saw the change as well, and her eyes widened, her features freezing the perfect face. One that mixed several emotions, and the other two soon looked over as well.

Arlie stretched, turned around, and admired Kuwi’s work. She had seen it happening with her eighth sense, but she wanted to look it over with her eyes. Where once there had been a floating mass of tentacles, now stood a young girl. She looked to be around thirteen or fourteen years old, if a little on the short side for that age. Instead of hair, she had fine tendrils framing her face. Her face was round with a modest round nose, a cute pink mouth, and large green eyes. From her back a few more tentacles emerged, a couple of which were wrapped around her torso in a resting position. Her modest breasts were cupped by her own tentacles, supporting the weight a bit, as she played with them. Her figure was slender with the curves of a budding young woman and toned with just enough muscle to show that she was active. Emerging from her waist were even more tentacles forming the impression of a skirt. That tentacle skirt ended just above her knees, but Arlie knew that those tentacles could extend. Her arms and legs looked like those of a young active girl, just like the rest of her. As for her skin it was a bit on the pale side, and implied she did not spend much time in the sun.

Arlie had known that Kuwi could do good work. It was why she had given her that object. A single-use artifact with the power to significantly change the appearance and abilities of the target. The little tentacle monster had not just changed in appearance, but she had undergone an evolution. Now all she needed was a name, Marcus never gave her one. Arlie walked over intent on giving her that name.

78