Chapter 10
509 5 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"[Mourning Bell]! [Assassinate]!"

I get out of my hiding place and swing down my knife. I release a sigh when I see all the enemy is gone. The fight is too hard for us. Three of my NPC are dead and cannot be resurrected on the spot. They are back at my guild base.

This happened because they killed one of the [Lords of the Seven Deadly Sins]. A permanent debuff called [Vengeance of the Devil] prevented the player from resurrecting inside the dungeon.

Among them is my most powerful cleansing NPC, Hina. The AI knows she is cleansing all of their debuffs and decides to focus on her. Unfortunately, even with all the healing and buffing, the [Lords of the Seven Deadly Sins] concentrating on one person is too much.

Not only my three NPC, but the bastard also manages to kill all of the summoned beings from Asgard, including my mount. To do the last hit, I need to sacrifice Futaba to taunt the boss, and I use a concealment spell to sneak closer to the boss.

I look at the timer and see I only have half an hour to kill the next World Enemy. So it was impossible to kill all of them, huh? Welp. It was a nice dream anyway.

I look at the sky and see another boss coming. I can see five creatures floating above me, and they have a rainbow color that shines so bright; it almost blinds me. They are the [Five Rainbow Buddhas], the tankiest boss among the World's Enemies.

Their HP is not as big as the other, but their healing power is a bitch.

What makes matters worse, Hina is dead. She is the one with a debuff that can reduce the healing effect. Fucking hell.

I shake my head and grin.

"It looks like this will be our final stand! My dear creations! Let's meet our end! We will meet our end with our heads high!"

I slam my staff on the ground and activate my other trump card.

"Let's [Call of the Wild Hunt] and hunt our enemy!"

After activating my skill, a hundred NPC appear around us. Among them are Odin, Freyja, Thor, and Tyr.

"Charges!"

More than a hundred NPC and one Player charging at the five floating buddhas.

~Sometimes later~

I blink for a few seconds and see I'm back at my guild base. Ah, I was dead, huh? I was dead from that palm attack from one of the buddha.

"It is over. It was a great life."

I lean on my throne and see that all of my NPC is in the throne room. I look at them and smile.

"Good work, all of you. You put your life on the line and we manage to kill two of the World's Enemies. Sadly, it was not enough. The world is ending and we cannot do anything for you. This will be the last few weeks before the world gets swallowed whole. It is nice to know you guys. I hope that I'm a great creator to you."

I smile brightly for a few seconds and must be imagining it, but I think I see all of my NPC shaking for a second. Meh.

I sit back on my throne and see a notification appear in front of me.

|Congratulations! You killed two of the World's Enemies who following the Trihexa|

|You get two rewards!|

|1st Reward: The Mother of all Life: Tiamat (Level: 100 NPC)|

|2nd Reward: The Forgotten Angel: Haziel (Level: 100 NPC)|

Huh? I got an NPC, huh? I snap from my thoughts when I get a call from Riku, one of the GMs.

"Hello?"

"Young master. Congratulations for completing the mission."

"I fail tho? I cannot kill all of them."

"It was not the goal of the mission, young master. In the first place, it was supposed to be impossible to kill all of them."

"I guess that is true. Anyway, what can I do for you?"

"I just want to inform you that our team already sent a mission to your mission tab. The mission is to go to each castle of the nine worlds and raid their vault. We want to make lore that this world is destroyed and you are the preserved of YGGDRASIL."

"Oh? I can do that?"

"Of course. When you get inside the castle, we already program them to be desolate and empty because all of them are killed in the battle against Trihexa."

"Can I ask what kind of lore you guys are planning?"

"We are planning that your guild is ordered by the council of the Nine World to preserve all of YGGDRASIL."

I nod my head.

"Go on."

"I also change the lore of your NPC, young master. I hope you don't mind it."

"What kind of change?"

"They are your creation and you are their God. They know that you are a very powerful God who disguises yourself as a human but you cannot hide your divinity for long. In your loneliness, you create them to accompany you and give you the life that you want. A peaceful life where you can do whatever you want."

"That is rather conflicting, right? I bring them to my adventure a lot, you know?"

"We know. They know that you cannot stay away from struggle and conflict, they understand that. That is why we make them want you to have a peaceful life in your castle. They will guard your home, your sanctuary, and your guild base with their life because it is the only place you feel safe."

"I see."

"I also write that they know that one day you will be called to a massive conflict and here we are. A very massive problem dropped into your lap and this time it was involving the entire multiverse. Your creations are worried about you but they also know that you will keep your duty. After your defeat against the Trihexa and the death of all the living beings in the entire world other than you and your creation, they vow to be the best of the best just for you."

"I see. What about me? What kind of lore do you make for my character?"

"Just like I said before, you are a powerful God who wants to experience mortality but because of Trihexa's appearance, you take back your divinity and go to war. Now you go explore the other multiverse searching for something worthy to be preserved."

"From a watcher, I become a wanderer, huh?"

"Yup. Anyway, you should collect all the treasure inside the vault of each world and you will get another reward."

"Ah, wait. What about my reward? The NPC that I just got? I already have a plan for all my 1300 data points for my guild."

"Oh, them. You don't need to worry. They will not affect your guild data points."

"Good."

"Then good luck and enjoy our last gift to you, okay?"

"I will."

I push the HUD and open up my quest. True enough, I can see a new quest for me. So I get up from my throne and start teleporting.

~Ten minutes later~

I look at the massive mountain of gold and many kinds of treasure from the quest. A lot of Divine Items among the treasures. It was a worthy treasure of the Gods. The items I got from the vault is half of the item I have in my vault, and I have a LOT of items from my trade and last-minute item sales rush.

A notification appears in front of me when all the treasure is gathered inside my vault.

|Congratulations! You have collected all the treasure of all YGGDRASIL.|

|You get two World Items for your achievement!|

|You get [Seed of Yggdrasil] and a [Farewell Note]|

I press the first items and read the description.

[Seed of Yggdrasil]

|Seed of the world that falls from the tree after the Beast of Apocalypse destroys it. This is the new beginning for the world.|

That's it. There is not a single effect or anything, just that. Well, I guess they made it in a rush, huh?

I press the other items and read them.

[Farewell Note]

|A farewell note from all the devs of YGGDRASIL. Thank you for supporting us, and keep playing the game until the very end. We know that you like to see your demand from us as a demand, but you always give us money for our great work, unlike many other rich kids. We are grateful for your direct support from the money you give us and also for not demanding something impossible from us. We, the team, will make a new game that you will enjoy just as you wait. Use the item for your final gift.|

|Do you want to use [Farewell Note]?|

I press the Y button, and another notification appears in front of me.

|Congratulations! Your Spell Slot has been set to Unlimited.|

|Congratulations! Your Summon Slot has been set to Unlimited|

|Congratulations! Your Tamed Beast slot has been set to Unlimited|

|Congratulations! You get permanent 10x EXP gain from all sources|

|Congratulations! Your Guild Base has expanded!|

|Congratulations! Your Guild Base NPC Data Storage has been set to 3000 units|

|Congratulations! You get two new jobs at max level!|

{You get [World's Savior (5)] and [World Preserver (5)]}

After all the notifications, I look at the treasure in front of me with a blank mind.

Now what?


If you want to read more, you can visit my patreon!

23