Chapter 15
450 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is nothing left. This world is empty. All living beings on this planet have been wiped out by something called Abyss Monster. Abyss Monster is what YGGDRASIL called a demon, an infernal being that lives in hell.

It has been seven days since we arrived in this world, and with the help of Venecia Yulianna, a support NPC specializing in Clairvoyance and Divination. She uses her spell to see if there is a living being on this planet.

There is none. The Abyss Monster has wiped out even the animals of this planet, as they are the antithesis of life itself. They hated life, for they did not have any soul inside of them.

How do I know this? Venecia. It looks like the information-gathering skill she has is powerful beyond words.

Her Clairvotance lets her see if there is a living being on this planet and his Divination lets her see the past of this planet. This is how we know the fate of this world.

"What should we do, my lord?"

I look to the side and see Valena looking at me with a worried expression. I shake my head and say.

"For now, we need to check the Bifrost first. I have delayed it long enough. Maybe it will give us an answer."

It looks like all the skills, titles, and jobs become literal in this new world. If this truly happens, then Bifrost can be a great tool for us. In the game lore, Bifrost is a gate that connects all realms, even the one outside the Nine World.

It was a bridge used by Odin to travel to other realms to search for a way to stop Ragnarok in his youth. However, after he gains wisdom from sacrificing his left eye, he accepts his destiny and decides to face Ragnarok because he knows that it is futile.

With what is happening so far, I hope that Bifrost can help us search for a new world for all of us.

"Of course, my lord. Let me accompany you."

She said that with a smile on her face.

"Hmmm. You should smile more, Valena. Your smile is cute, you know?"

"W-What are you t-talking about, m-my lord! I-I'm not cute! I-I'm a knight!"

"That doesn't mean a knight cannot smile, you know?"

Valena is a tsundere. A violent kind of tsundere, but rather, she has a cute reaction like denying her true feelings like this.

"Hmph! As a knight I cannot be seen as cute… b-but if you say it, I'm happy."

I cannot help it. I give her a hug and hear her squeak at my hug. I keep hugging her as she releases a lot of tsundere noises.

"Uuuuu~ I'm jealous!"

"En! En! Valena gets hugged by Lord Sullivan!"

I look to the side and see Rori and Ruri looking at us with a pout on their face. I smile at them and release Valena.

"You want some? Come on! I don't mind a little hug."

I can see their eyes light up and appear in front of me instantly. I hug them tightly and see Hina look at me with hope in her eyes. I can only smile and release the twin before gesturing to Hina.

She quickly hugged me, and I hugged her back. After a few seconds, I released her and said,

"Alright. I guess that is enough. I still have something to do."

She reluctantly releases me and gives me a bow. Valena and I walk toward the back of the castle and see the newly made Bifrost by the dev while they expand the castle. Instead of a massive gate with rainbow colors, it is now a rainbow bridge that connects this land to a giant golden gate.

We walk through the rainbow bridge and arrive in front of the massive gate. I can see an orb floating in front of the gate. Before the server closes, I need to touch the orbs before I go to the other realm of YGGDRASIL.

I walk toward the orb and put my hand on it. My mind is filled with two different images when my hand touches the orbs.

The first image is a world where there are two distinct parts of the world. The first one is a part of the world that is your normal modern-day earth like the one in my first life, but they are in the 90s while the other is stuck in the 1870s era. What interests me is that these two parts of the world are in the same place and timeline.

The second image is a world shrouded in mist, but this world releases some kind of distress signal. I can feel sadness coming from this world. I can hear it, a distant call for help. How can a world call for help?

Not only these two, but I can also access other worlds, but it was out of reach for some unknown reason.

"How is it, my lord?"

I look at Valena and say.

"I can see them. I can see the universe that we can visit and the universe we can visit in the future."

"What should we do, my lord? Should we move away?"

I look at the sky and shake my head.

"No. I have been given the title of the preserver and I will preserve this planet. I want this planet to be remembered. This is a sign. We are given a way to go to the other realm and take anything in that realm for us to preserve."

I don't know if it was my habit of collecting stuff, because my new body changed the way I think, or maybe both, but I feel like it was the right thing to do. Take an important item from that world and transport it here.

"The entire universe is like the shining box of jewels."

"I believe the entire world shines so that my lord can adorn himself with its riches."

"That might be true. I may come to this land to obtain this box of treasure."

"Then we will make sure you obtain what is rightfully yours, my lord."

"Even when it was fighting the entire world for it?"

"Yes. We know how bad it is to not unify under a single banner. We want you to be the leader of the world and preserve that world from being destroyed."

"So you want us to conquer the world, huh?"

I look at the sky filled with stars and smile a little.

"Conquering the world might be enjoyable."

I ignore the sound of gasping from my back and shake my head in the childish dream. There is no way I want to be a ruler of the world. It was too much work.

"Let's go back, Valena. We have so much to do. This planet needs a lot of renovation for it to be worthy of my collection."

"Yes, my lord!"

19