Chapter 17
401 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You call for me, my lord?"

I look to the side and see a beautiful woman wearing a white priestess-like outfit. She has silver hair and purple eyes that shine as if saying she knows something that we don't know. She is Venecia Yuliana, the support NPC.

"Yes, Venecia. I need your help."

"Of course, my lord. Please command this servant, my lord."

I release a sigh, and I can see a smug expression on her face.

"Well, I need your help in finding one person."

"Of course, my lord. Who is it? As long as they are alive, I can find them and send a small message to them."

"Thank you. I need you to find Momonga in Ainz Ooal Gown."

I want to know if Momonga is also transported to another world just like me. He is still only when I check two minutes before the server closes up. It was a long shot because I didn't know whether she could do it.

Venecia is a guardian guarding the vault alongside Elisavet Vascelli and one other NPC over here. While she is not really useful in defending the vault, her usefulness is in her ability to spy on other people from afar and communicate with other players even when they are in other realms.

Her special job called [Hermes' Successor] lets her communicate with the other player even when they are in another realm, something that is a normal [Message] skill that can only communicate to people within a certain range.

A certain skill in the [Hermes' Successor] caught my attention. It was called [Divine Communication]. In the lore, it can be used to communicate with anyone in the multiverse. Combining it with her Clairvoyance job, I know she can search for Momonga and send a small message to him.

"Of course, my lord. Let me begin the ritual of Communication."

"Here. Crush this item to reduce the spell casting time to zero."

"Ahhh, this is what my lord calls a Cash Item, right?"

"Oh? You know about them?"

"Yes. My fellow guardian talks about how you have a lot of cash items and how they heard from people that you are the owner of the biggest cash items in YGGDRASIL."

"Ah, I see."

They know about our journey. They hear when I ramble about something, and that means they hear me when I laugh maniacally while swimming in the pile of gold?! I shake my head and say.

"Then please start the ritual."

"Of course, My Lord."

Venecia walks toward the middle of the room and raises her books high. A massive magic circle and magic formula appear around her. I can see her crushing the cash item and hear her saying.

"[Star Guidance]!"

I can see her eyes change into what I can describe as the universe. I can see a star, a galaxy, and even a black hole inside her eyes before it disappears a minute later.

"I found him, my lord. It is hard because of the defense of Nazarick but I can manage to get  a glimpse of him sitting on the throne commanding his guardian."

"Oh really? Then can you send a message for me?"

"Of course, my lord. As long as it was not a long message, I can do it. Sadly, the Great Tomb of Nazarick's defense is too strong for me to call him directly. As expected from the strongest Monster Guild in YGGDRASIL."

"I don't mind. Let me write something. Also, please don't call them monsters. They are friends of mine."

"I'm sorry, my lord."

I nod and start thinking about what kind of message I need to send. Should I troll him? Yeah, let's troll him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

"I will give you an absolute order! Make the name of Ainz Ooal Gown a living legend!"

Momonga, now known as Ainz Ooal Gown, looks at his NPC with pride in his heart. He knows that his friend's creation will make the name of his guild become a legendary name in the entire world, so maybe he can meet his friend if they are in this place.

His thoughts and the sound cease to exist when all of the people in the throne room see a silver light fly toward Momonga. Seeing the light, the guardian quickly takes action and appears around Momonga.

Cocytus took out his weapon and attacked the light, but it did not work. Demiurge and Mare attack the light using magic, but it also does not work.

Momonga is already preparing to cast his most powerful barrier spell to receive the attack from an unknown person.

However, instead of an attack, the light expands and shows a man's face. It was a man that Momonga knew very well. It was Sullivan, the only merchant that did not discriminate against the Heteromorphic race, and one of his friends.

Sullivan is not a close friend, not as close as the member of Ainz Ooal Gown, but he is close enough to be acknowledged as an honorary member of Ainz Ooal Gown and visit their guild from time to time.

"Hello, Momonga."

"Sullivan?"

At the mention of the name Sullivan, the guardian widened their eyes. They know about the name Sullivan because their creator once or twice said that name. Not only that, but they also know how Sullivan is the only human that ascends and has the power to fight against the Beast of Apocalypse.

They know that he is the being that can fight with their creator and Momonga to a standstill. However, seeing such a being with many wounds and looking really pale makes them even more shocked.

"*Cough* *Cough* I hope you enjoy my little gift, my friend."

"Sullivan! Are you okay?"

"T-this is a pre-recorded message, Momonga. I know you will try to talk to me."

Momonga feels a little bit embarrassed at being called out like that but he is more concerned with his friend's condition.

"Anyway, I hope you like my little gift, Momonga. I'm sorry I cannot call our beloved friend because my power is not strong enough. Remember to enjoy your new life and have fun, okay? Conquer the world and spread the name of Ainz Ooal Gown just like you guys do in YGGDRASIL. You once said that there is nothing more honorable than sacrificing yourself for your friend, right? Or is it Touch Me? Whatever. For my sacrifice, I want you to live on and make the name of Ainz Ooal Gown so famous that I will shout in excitement when I see it myself."

The last thing they see is Sullivan coughing blood before the recording is over.

Momonga's suppression skill is working overtime as it keeps suppressing the rage and sadness he is feeling right now. He is angry at whoever dares to hurt his friend and sad about the sacrifice his friend made for him.

He made a vow in his heart that he would spread the name of Ainz Ooal Gown far and wide so all his friends would hear the name from heaven.

He never once thought that Sullivan was a troll, just like Peroroncino. The difference is that Peroroncino's trolling method is more of a perverted kind, while Sullivan a dark comedy kind.

20