Chapter 1: Part 12 – Fight Kitty, Fight!
2.2k 64 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
By the way there is now an official discord for my stuff! https://discord.gg/JQtNe8h

3448 words for you my dear little readers.
Enjoy . . .

Hmm . . . there is a song fitting for this chapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7fx2dhlJA4

Part 12 – Fight Kitty, Fight!

In the first few seconds, I could already see the glaring difference between the two of us. I had been trained to fight against enemies many times more dangerous than her or even myself and had to survive each battle by the skin of my teeth; figuring out my enemies’ tactics, personality, and behavior. And if I could say one thing about me, than that I had fought against a lot of opponents back on earth. Now to be fair a gunfight differs a lot from one-on-one, hand to hand combat, but when going up against another heavily armored cyborg your guns often times didn’t leave as much as a flesh wound, drawing out the battle far longer than one would expect. And with that knowledge at my disposal, it was clear that this girl, for she was nothing more than that, had never fought a single battle in her life.

Her form was basically none existent, she did assume what could be considered a steadier stance, but left almost all her vitals obliviously exposed. Considering this was a so-called magical duel, she probably didn’t even have a backup weapon to fight with if her Magic somehow got disabled. Her eyes held none of the calm collectiveness a true fighter should have, as far as I could read her behavior she lack of panic came not from being calm but from being cocky. Apparently no one had ever told her about the proverb: Higher you fly the harder you fall. My smile dropped a little upon seeing this, I had hoped for a proper fight to get my blood flowing, but now I was disappointed, fighting her might as well be bullying the weak. Stuff like that might have been fun for her but for me, not really! Worse even, I could see the mana gathering in her body making predicting her moves far too easy. I was just about to call out to her when she shouted something stupid.

“Seeing as I am the heiress to the house of Halle I wish for the referee to only call quits when the other party voices their surrender!”

‘What the fuck!? The duel has already started; you can’t just suddenly change the rules! I might actually kill you, you know?!’

But much to my surprise both teachers actually nodded and declared. “Your plea has been acknowledged! Fight until surrender!”

I couldn’t do much more than shake my head at this idiocy; my smile had already been replaced by a distant frown.

“Oh you stupid girl . . .” I mumbled.

Lowering my guard but not dropping it, I slowly advanced towards her. “Cat! You lack discipline, experience, and respect. This will be a lesson for you!”

Taunting her was the quickest way to end this and it seemed to have the desired effect. Her haughtiness made way for anger.

“How dare a mere Savage belittle me! Take this!”

I had already seen her pulling the mana to her arm and was ready to dodge when at the last moment she screamed out.

“Wind Blast!” I was so perplexed by this that I moved a second too late and got my face smashed in by the sudden blow of force.

Merde!

I staggered back feeling for my nose, not broken again, at least that was something. Seeing her gloating grin I immediately got my guard back up but could help to ask her.

“Did you really just shout out your attack?”

“Ha! Are you surprised by my great Spell!?” I tilted my head in confusion; did she really think her hitting me had anything to do with skill?

“No, bring it.”

Thinking herself as the superior she went back to fling spells at me, only that now that I had seen her attack pattern I didn’t have to do much more the evade her attacks.

“Windblast!” I dug my heel into the sand and leaned back, the gust missing me by mere centimeters.

“Twinblast!” Two quick shots came straight for me. A clever tactic in away, at least if the spells would come from different directions!

I jumped out of the way of their path, a condescending smile now clearly visible on my face. Instead of hitting me the bolts went wide and hit the surrounding barrier.

“Ah! Windblast!” Gritting her teeth in anger she aimed for my head just as I was in motion. My smile widened and I quickly dropped into a crouch, the only indication of the attack was my hair whipping around behind me.

“Fu-! Windblade!” Thinking me an easy target now, her mana flow changed into a thin ark spreading out at the edges.

I wanted to teach her a lesson, so I pushed against the ground and launched myself forward. I easily passed over the spell, dropped into a roll and came up before her, raising my leg I used the remaining momentum to kick her straight in the chest. Her eyes went wide as the air was pushed out of her lungs and she flew almost a meter away from me, landing on her back. And there she lay, a haughty noble struggling to breathe after a lowly “Savage” kicked her into the dust; it truly was a sight for sore eyes. Seeing as she most likely wasn’t getting up anytime soon I walked up to her and placed a foot on her chest. Surprised I had to idly note that I must have lost my shoes at some point. ‘Hm, I really can’t recall when I took them off?’ I pushed those thoughts away and returned my attention to the girl on the ground. I pressed her chest down just hard enough to make clear who of us had won and for good measure nicked her skin with my sharp nails. After a while of staring her into the eyes, I smiled exposing my long canines.

Mille regrets. But seriously my little kitty, you may have claws but are obviously not a fighter. Don’t do such stupid things as calling for duel every time you don’t get what you want. I could have easily killed you, but did you even consider that for a second, no, you didn’t! So stay down this little farce is over.”

I kicked off her chest leaving her gasping in pain and turned away. Once more I could only shake my head in disbelieve, I wasn’t going to be the moral apostle and hinder people from smashing their faces in, but who in this damned Academy had thought it was a good idea to let kids solve their disagreements by bombarding each other with spells? That just screamed for physical and psychological damage, and the last thing any place needed was mentally scarred kids with a loose trigger finger, I was the best example for that! I’m pretty sure a lot of my victims would have loved for me to not be a fucked-up little shit that killed without remorse. It was actually worth a thought, would proper training make these students more or less stable? ‘Haaaa~, I might have to try that out at some point. And I have so many test subjects to choose from!’ All of a sudden my thoughts were interrupted by someone screaming at me from outside the arena.

“Fleur! Behind you!”

I turned to the source of noise and only just saw out of the corner of my eye, how the Catgirl was already shakily standing upright and clawed at the air with one hand.

“Wind claws!”

My eyes went wide as I saw the amount of mana that had gathered behind me. ‘Fuck!’ Not even fully turning around I pushed against the ground in the hopes of evading the blow, but I had been just that tiny bit too distracted. The attack taking me fully by surprise I hadn’t thought about keeping up my guard, my other foot already raised in the air the one I was standing on slipped on the sand and instead of what I had envisioned my jump fell short. A split-second later several wind-blades almost as sharp as swords slammed into me. My body was thrown around and my clothing and skin tore where the spell had hit. I was smashed a few meters away. Still not entirely sure what had just happened I tried getting up, but the ringing in my head was making that near impossible. I must have taken a hit to the head if the vertigo, and the blood pouring down my face was any indicator.

By will alone I managed to push myself onto my arms, it seemed standing was still not in it for me. I honestly hadn’t expected this, not the power of her spells and certainly not that the Cat Girl would get up again. I winced as I looked down my body. Both my chest and my waist had a long bloody gash going along their entire length and were bleeding profusely. Pushing against the ground I tried getting to my feet but felt a sharp pain from my chest stopping me dead in my tracks. My breath stocked; I felt as if I had choked on water, heavy sticky water! I started to violently cough and retch; spittle, as well as blood sprays, began painting the ground beneath me. ‘Fuck! I can’t remember the last time this happened. I need to get air inside my lung! That’s right, get on your back and breathe in deeply.’ Just as I was about to move I heard the last thing I wanted to hear right now.

“Twin Blast!”

I glanced up just in time to see the two streaks of mana fly my way. One was aimed at my chest and the other at my head! ‘Fuck! Fuck! FUUUUUCK!’ I rolled to over to my side in the hopes of evading the shoots but barely managed to do so. The first bolt aimed for my head went wide and flew into the distance, but with the second I wasn’t so lucky, it missed the center of my chest but still grazed my side just as I was in motion. Yet be it fate or simply a sudden stroke of luck, the force of the bolt was angled in just such a way that it catapulted the bone splinter of my fractured rip right out of my lung. Greedily I sucked the air into my once more expanding breathing apparatus. While I was happy about the influx of oxygen, I knew that I wasn’t out of danger yet. I still had a hole in my chest, my abdominal muscles were shredded and from the pain in my leg, that one didn’t seem to do much better. I gritted my teeth in frustration, I didn’t appreciate losing, but if it would get me out of this shit without fatal wounds I would gladly forfeit.

“Urgh. I- I give up. No...” I winced “...longer in fighting shape.” I glared up to the catgirl wobbling closer; she truly was a pussy if that kick had taken out so much from her.

“Sorry, I didn’t catch that. It sounded like you wanted to keep going!” The girl was grinning at me like a mad person. ‘What the fuck? Damn shit! I had said it clearly enough!’

“I said...”

“That you would like to go on, yes!” Her smile turned into haughty smugness.

“Miss Halle, we can’t in good faith let you fight against a clearly defenseless opponent! Seize this behavior immediately!” ‘Wait was that the teacher?’ I tried to turn, but my neck hurt like a bitch.

“Wha- How dare you, stay out of this!” The prissy noble turned to who I assumed to be the teacher. It was hard to focus as I had already lost a lot of blood.

“No, you’ll get out of their right now!”

“Screw you! Gale Burst!” All of a sudden the wind got stronger and I heard the sound of something heavy slamming into something rather hard. The collective gasps of the onlookers and the lack of the man’s response told me very clearly of what had just happened, that dumb cat had just knocked out the fucking referee!

‘Don’t give up! I need you!’ My mind began slipping as I lost more and more my grip on reality. But oddly enough despite this, it didn’t scare me. No, I lay here slowly bleeding out onto the ground and probably dying but I couldn’t feel scared, not even slightly worried in fact! Instead what I did feel was pissed. I closed my eyes in frustration about the current events. I was pissed at the noble for ridiculing me, angry about the wounds stopping me from fighting, mad at myself for getting hurt in the first place. And I felt Fury for being unable to fight! The feeling burned to trough me, incinerating every other feeling or emotion and connected to something inside of me. It was a pool of energy churning at the center of my core as vast as an ocean but almost completely isolated and alone. The Fury tried to bring it into motion but there was nowhere big enough for it to go, it had no way of properly flooding my body. There were only two feeble channels inside of my body. One was going to my right hand and the other to my left eye. Seeing as both were next to useless, the energy did the only thing logical, it forced the paths itself! ‘Fight! Maim! Burn . . .’

‘No! Come back to me!’ The Fury had burned and hurt sure, but it was like the spark of a lighter compared to the inferno coursing through my veins now! The energy spread from my core and with each beat of my heart burned my flesh on its way. It felt agonizingly slow but must have been only a few moments as new channels were being burned all through my body from my toes to my scalp everything was connected by a fine net of lines for the energy to move along. But the energy was a hungry being, it wanted more than my pain; it wanted, agony, suffering, combat, victory, and blood. It called for my very being to fight and battle and thanks to the Fury I was more than ready to oblige to its wishes. In a flash, I opened my eyes again and like a haze, over my mind, the world was painted in red. ‘Maim! Burn! Defeat . . .’

‘Resist! You . . .’ My pain faded when the wound on my chest began knitting itself together as if in a time-lapse. It would have been a thing of marvel had I not been occupied with something entirely different. Still, on the ground I focused on my left eye and expanded my senses, I could “see” the collection of energy or mana that was the cat girl standing several feet away from me. She was speaking but none of it made any sense to me, my mind was otherwise occupied. I was simply happy that she still was around; I had an itch that needed scratching. For the third time since her sneak attack, I tried getting up, and finally, I felt my body slowly lift from the ground. Something came shooting my way, but it was so slow that I could easily move my head out of the way. Whatever it had been it didn’t matter, all that mattered was my prey in front of me. A grin spread across my face as I slowly got to my feet, several more things flew my way but I simply moved out of their way. I began to advance on my plaything, while casually dodging those flying things; she would scream so sweetly. I was too focused on the cat, so I didn't notice when a larger thing threatened to crash into me. It was already too close to dodge, but I wouldn’t need to! I spun around and punched forward, as my fist smashed into the thing ghostly reddish flames burst out from my wrists, the obstacle shattered and burned away. ‘Fun!’ I turned back to my prey and was a little confused, I did want to hurt her, but her panicked face was rather cute. ‘Burn! Defeat! Take . . .’

‘You . . . have . . . to . . . stop . . .’ My smile spread as I looked her over, this place was fun, but not suitable for what I wanted to do. No, I needed to get away from all the people, away from all those damned projectiles. No matter how slow they were, they were very much annoying. And I somehow doubted that the people throwing them liked me all that much. In fact, I was all most certain that they intended to hurt me with those! That was funny! ‘Hehe, stupid humans, such a little thing won’t hurt a proper demon! Now a heavy machine-gun that would really hurt . . . wait why do I even know what that is?’ I pushed away those weird memories, they must have been important at some point, but now I had to focus on the here and now. ‘Those projectiles . . . spells, right? That’s what they are!’ The spells were now seriously getting on my nerves and I had no desire to deal with them any longer. I gathered a sizable amount of my mana and after condensing it for a second I pushed it into the surroundings. Aiming towards the mass of the people I unleashed a massive torrent of ghostly reddish carmine colored flames burning everything in their path to ashes. I felt the build-up of mana outside of my circle of fire but cared little for it. These flames had the tendency to eat mana so I was safe for the moment. Instead of worrying about the little annoyances any longer I turned back to the one I had deemed suitable as my first. ‘Defeat! Take! Claim!’

‘Listen . . . we . . .’ The young girls hazel eyes quivered in fear as strutted closer, I carefully placed one foot in front of the other and held my head high, she should properly see just who she was going to serve. After all, I was . . . I almost stumbled for a moment. I had no clue about who I was! I felt that I had a name before, or maybe two, but by the hells, I couldn’t recall them. ‘Hmm, I recall the feeling of fury as the first un-hazy memory, so maybe that could be my name? Yes, I like it! I shall be called Fury!’ Happy with my choice of name I resumed my steps; the little cat flinched and raised her hand. It seemed that she still had a bit of fight in her; a large blast of mana pushed the air towards me. I smiled and in turn too did raise my hand; two could play at this game, only I was magnitudes more powerful than her! A larger swath of flames erupted from my palm and burned away what amount of hers and the ambient mana had controlled the spell. Mages . . . always so cocky!

‘Fleur . . .’ Realizing that her last resort attack had no effect she tried crawling away from me, but I simply stepped on her ankle preventing that. Having her pinned down I had an idea, I grabbed her by the throat and raised her up until she was face to face with me. Upon seeing her fluffy ears flatten in submission I knew I had made the right choice. I pulled her closer and without any foreplay buried my tongue in her mouth, together with it I pushed in pheromones and some of my mana, soon she would be mine. I turned around one last time, the mages were almost through the ring of Thorn-Fire, I had no time to lose! I wrapped my arms around the still dazed cat and held her tightly to my chest. With a sickening crack and wet slurp, my wings burst from my back. Stretching them to their full eight-meter wingspan I gave both a few test flaps, tightened my grip around the little cat and took off with several powerful beats.

‘Ah~! Time to find myself a lair in this world!’

I hope you had fun!
And as always, why don't you leave Comment so I feel less lonely, kay~?

36