Chapter 1: Part 3 – I’m not in Kansas anymore
3k 15 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
This chapter is currently under Rewrite!!!

Part 3 –I’m not in Kansas anymore

 

It took me several seconds to untangle myself from the idiotic girl and by then most of the people . . . cultists had begun running out of the room for fear of something; because let’s face it I wasn’t looking very terrifying at the moment. Not for the lack of trying I might add! The only people left besides me and the girl I had pushed to the ground were the two guys that had spoken and another probably female figure. It was one of the men that now approached the two of us on the ground, for once I was lucky as he seemed to be more interested in the girl than me; time for me to leave! As I slowly made my towards the door he ripped off his hood and spoke up. He looked even more pathetic than the girl; wow just wow.

“You fucked us over didn’t you Aliyana! None of us have a master bond and yet the demon is free, in other words, you stole her from us!” I guess he wanted to look threatening but fuming wasn’t really a good look for him.

“I did nothing of the sort, from the beginning I had told you that I wanted a demon, not that I wanted you guys to have a demon! You should listen better to how other people formulate their sentences. Otherwise, you might end up in a situation you might regret, isn’t that right my pet?”

I was pretty sure she was talking to me now but screw that bitch I was going to get out of here! So instead of responding to my new nickname, I did the only sensible thing and like any other normal person I ignored her and kept on walking towards the door.

Another voice also female chimed in from behind me. “Aliy, I think your Demon is escaping?”

'Why! Why must you betray me unknown-person that I have met for the first time in my life and don’t even know face or name of! Why you! Now, this Aliyana person will probably follow me everywhere I go, I hate you, unknown person!'

“Eh, pet? Demon? Ah, Fleur! Come back here Fleur!”

It almost sounded as if the girl was going to cry any moment but that wasn’t of my concern anymore, because they had no power over me! I was just going to walk out of here find out where I am and charter a plane back home. It was a pretty decent plan, guess I didn’t have identification but that hadn’t been a problem in the past. I just had to find the right connections. 'It was a good plan, so why wasn’t my body moving anymore?'

“Seems your Demon follows your orders after all, despite what they say you actually are a good mage! Who would have thought?”

The other man whose face I hadn’t seen yet had spoken; he didn’t seem to close with my mistress. 'Wait! What was that! Why did I just think of the wretched little thing as my mistress? My mistress hadn’t earned . . . Ah! Again! They fucked with my mind after all!' My thought process quickly came to an end when the little bit-mistress, gods this hurt my soul, once more spoke up.

“Fleur, I want you to come back to me.” She had again this over creepy smile on her face. Fuck, this made me sick, but two could play at this game. 'So let’s see how she would react to this!'

“Very well Mistress.” I began walking towards her and the others, with each step I felt my face darken. The little group must have seen it because except for Aliyana the others each took a step back as I took one forward. I reveled in this fear, it was what I was used to and it was what I was owed. The closer I came the bigger my influence grew almost if I was truly a demon, the feeling was invigorating! Now I could also see the doubt creeping into the fearless mask of my mistress. 'Damn it.' She only now, that I was a few steps away, realized that something was wrong. 'Ha, foolish child!'

“Fleur I com . . .ARGH!” Her eyes grew wide and she scratched at the hand holding her. Before she could finish with another of her insolent orders I had grabbed her by the throat, I squeezed lightly making it impossible for her to speak but taking care not to make any lasting damage. Ignoring the build-up of pain in my own throat I pressed out exactly what I thought of her little game. ‘This would be the perfect punishment!’

“Little Missy, how dare you to give me orders and fuck around with my mind; I don’t know how powerful you think you are, but you will never again stand in my way. Are we clear, Missy?”

She barely finished a panicked nod before I continued. “Now let me make sure you will not forget it anytime soon.”

And with that last word I raised my index finger to her cheek pressing down with my sharpened nail just light enough to draw blood. Sadly before I could leave my mark on the little Mistress, the door leading outside crashed open and in came an older woman dragging one of the cultists by his left ear behind her. And of course, she was wearing something that looked just like wizard robes. I looked up at her still holding my Mistress by her throat, she looked back and for a few seconds, we just stood there staring at each other, when I finally spoke up.

“Just so you know, this is probably exactly what it looks like.” I managed to smirk to make it seem more like a joke than it was.

She was having none of it; instead, her eyes zoomed in on my M . . . mistress. ‘Okay fuck it, no sense in fighting it; I was just going to accept this Mistress crap!’ Caring, not a second for me or my thoughts the woman stormed forward and started yelling.

“Miss Aliyana Mureay, you stupid little girl, did you honestly just summon a half-bound demon without proper permission, and in a circle of the wrong order too!? You foolish stupid little student!”

During her litany of swear words, I had a good look at the as of yet unknown woman. She was older than me probably in her mid-thirties or early forties. She was, like all of the other people I had meet so far, almost an entire head smaller than me, with a still fit body and a harsh but beautiful face. The probably most noticeable thing would be her hair, it was pitch black with several purple and silver strands and ran almost down to her hips in a long braid. And of course there was the weird dress or in this case robe, the woman was dressed in. It didn’t look like a style I was familiar with, especially because of the runes engraved into it. If I hadn't known better, I would have said that she was a mage or something. That I have to hand these people, they took their role-playing really seriously, only I didn’t want anything to do with this! I finally looked up when heard my Mistress speak.

“But Miss Aldeno, she is just a Succubus! Everything should have worked properly! You can’t take her away, she is my new pet!”

“Oy, I’m no one’s pet, little Missy.” I glared at her and flicked her on the forehead, my nail drew blood.

“Do you not see this?” The so-called Miss Aldeno spoke up. “If she were a normal Succubus, she couldn’t hurt you like this, especially not if you had bound her properly. This is most likely a Thorn, a Succubus that has been consumed by the fires of war and hatred. So, where did you even find a summoning Spell for a creature like her?” Her eyebrows furrowed at the thought.

Mistress seemed to think for a moment before answering. “In the Library, it was between the other summoning books, and I hadn’t seen it before so I wanted to use it. And apparently it was for summoning my beautiful demon princess!”

This constant talking about me without involving me is starting to get really annoying. 'Do they think of me as a mindless doll?'

“Okay, how about you two shut up and finally tell me what is going on because if this some obscure way of punishing me, I’m going to tell you right now, the only thing I am is confused! What is with the stupid fucking role-playing and the changes to my body!? If you want to torture me just get it over with, I really do not have the patience for mind games.”

The older woman looked up to me and it was almost as if it was the first time she ever really looked at me, instead of what I supposedly am. And just as she did so her brows furrowed once more; sadly the look in her eyes seemed to ask if I was still sane. ‘Wow, I was honestly impressed with how little damage I had done yet. Normally I had never been so patient, guess this happens once your emotions come back? It was so odd, not wanting to be seen as insane, I guess this was my shame returning. Maybe being half a machine hadn’t been so good after all? No bad thought! Machines were the best!’ My weird behavior must have been noticed because the teacher, I guessed she was one, with my Mistress being a student, came closer and spoke to me.

“Miss, is everything alright? I know it can be difficult to adjust after being summoned from the hells, but we can’t have you going delirious on us. There are laws and protocols to follow, you should know about this.”

‘Oh, so it wasn’t really concern only bureaucracy, why did I care about that any way!? Stupid feelings! What if all of this was actually real? Oh, please don’t do this to me.’ Realizing that I just might actually have been summoned or something like that, I pushed away the annoying thoughts about feelings, stood up straight and focused on the here and now.

“Okay, I guess I have to say it once more. My name is Fleur Bellrose, I am not a demon; I do not know how I came here. I used to be human, at least somewhat, and don’t know anything about magic, summoning, or whatever protocols you are talking about. Oh, and on a side note, for your sake, do not fuck me over; I am perfectly capable of killing other people with just my hands . . . maybe I shouldn’t have said the last part.” ‘Okay now we could add regret to the list of things I had forgotten. This was going to be a long fucking day.’

Once more the woman looked at me as if I had some screws loose, she seemed to be fixated on my face and never looked down. 'Why was that? I guess this was going to become a common occurrence.'

“Are you certain about this?”

“YES!”

“Oh, this isn’t really up to regulations, I think. I . . . We should talk to the head of academics about this.” She turned to walk away but then stopped again, seemingly having remembered something important. “Before we go could you please put on some clothing?”

I looked down on myself, a little confused. ‘Oh. I guess I was naked. No! I was not embarrassed! Be gone stupid emotions! Well at least no one could see me blush with my new skin color.’ With a more than heated face, I walked over to my Mistress. ‘Stupid brain!’ And of course, she just had to say the most horrible thing.

“I guess this means Succubae blush in grey?” ‘This little piece of . . . !’

“Silence! Give me your weird coat, little Missy.” Thankfully enough she actually gave me the piece of cloth, and once more my expectations were shattered. She only wore underwear beneath it, why? 'Why did all of this shit happen to me; oh yes, probably because of my crimes. That would make sense.' So in light of this new revelation, I only shook my head.

“No, just no. I’m not going to deal with whatever this is supposed to tell me.” Instead, I simply took the cloth and pulled it over. “I’m ready, Miss Aldeno, bring me to whoever you think you have to bring me to.”

“Very well, Miss Bellrose, please follow me. And you other students, you are to go to your dorms and stay there until further notice. Have I made myself clear?”

“Yes, Miss Aldeno.” They said in chorus, except that I saw my Mistress cross her fingers. ‘Ugh, this child, I hate her!’

When we walked through the doors I, for the first time, understood what magical meant.

“Wow!”

‘I've never been there, but I guess I was not in Kansas anymore!’

55