Chapter 110: Komurasaki
3.9k 13 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 110: Komurasaki

Lucas watched as everyone gradually calmed down...only to break into cheers again.

Towards these partying bunch, Lucas could only smile wryly and shake his head.

O-Tama was with Kiku and O-Tsuru as they ate a bunch of food to celebrate. Lucas didn’t disturb them as he looked towards the direction of the Flower Capital of Wano, then to the towering factories.

The next moment, he disappeared.

O-Tama turned around holding an apple and had a big smile on her face.

“Big brother! Have some ap-...big brother?”

Kiku and O-Tsuru turned to look as well and found that Lucas had disappeared.

Just as they were about to look around, they heard explosions resounding in the distance.

Everyone stopped partying and looked over. From the direction of the explosion, they saw the once towering factories...start to crumble into pieces!

*BOOM*

More explosions followed.

One after another...a factory fell one at a time…

When the final factory fell, they saw a shadow shooting up to the sky.

From afar, they could vaguely see its form. It was like an angel had emerged in the dark clouds of the sky, basking in the holy light of the sun.

Then, there was a blinding light.

Everyone closed their eyes in reflex for a second. When they opened their eyes, they saw the once dark clouds populated by smoke from the factories...had disappeared!

All they could see was the former glory of Kuri.

A beautiful scene was spread out before them.

“Is this...a dream?”

“It’s a miracle...It’s a miracle!”

“To think...I could live to see this day!”

“This must be the miracle Lady Toki had foretold!”

Everyone started to cry tears of joy as they saw the scene before them.

20 years ago...when the Oden Castle burned into ashes...the whole of Kuri had heard Toki’s last words.

“You are the moon unaware of the dawn. May your purpose be fulfilled and cast the demon’s shadow bearing the wings of an angel on the night woven of 20 years and you shall know the brilliance of the dawn.”

These words...and the scene in front of them…

He has finally arrived!

The demon who will slay the dragon!

In the distance.

Lucas looked down below him and sighed in relief.

As he was destroying the factories, he had sent the imprisoned people to safety before blowing them up.

He had actually recognized two people there...but he didn’t have time to pay attention to them at the moment so he let them be.

Seeing that the others were still safe below, he smiled and looked at the horizon.

It was no longer dark and dirty like before. Instead, it was clean...it was starting to resemble the Wano that he knew in the past.

Now, all that was left was to remove Orochi and Kaido...then the grudge from 20 years ago will finally be resolved!

Lucas looked back at Okobore Town but didn’t return. Instead, he flew away towards the Flower Country to take the head of the Shogun...Orochi!

Udon. This was the name of the place where those factories which Lucas destroyed stood.

This was also the place where Wano kept their prisoners to work for them.

Though Lucas didn’t know most of them, there were people imprisoned there who had recognized him.

One was an old man wearing round goggles and had a flower tattoo over his shoulders.

He looked up and saw Lucas’ figure in the sky. A tear dropped at the corner of his eyes.

“Akaoni-sama...finally...you have returned…!”

This man was none other than Hyogoro.

He was a Yakuza boss years ago but had become Oden’s ally. Lucas actually doesn’t know him, but Hyogoro knows him well.

He was present when Lucas, as Akaoni, had fought with Kaido in the skies of Wano 20 years ago…

That battle had shaken the entire country...and was deeply ingrained in his memory.

To him, Akaoni was a symbol of hope...coupled with the last words of Toki at that time, many people from that time had hoped of his return.

Now...finally...20 years after…!

They could see the brilliance of dawn!

Hyogoro wiped the tears in his eyes and faced the other inmates.

“You lot! Do not celebrate just yet! We are only truly free once we are rid of Kaido and Orochi! We rally together! As samurais of Wano! And...follow Akaoni-sama to battle!!!”

“YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!”

The convicted samurais of Wano cheered.

However, it wasn’t just samurais who were imprisoned there. There were also pirates.

One such pirate that was there was Eustass Kid. Another member of the Worst Generation!

Lucas had recognized that he was here but didn’t do anything for now. In any case, he had already ignored Basil earlier, he can afford to ignore Kid as well.

If they become a problem in the future...well, Luffy can handle them.

Lucas can’t possibly keep defeating enemies that Luffy should face. If not because of the grudge in the past, Lucas wouldn’t have rushed here in Wano to beat Kaido as well.

Eustass, seeing Lucas’ figure above, frowned as if he can vaguely recognize him.

Finally, he was reminded of that war that happened 2 years ago.

Lucas...also had wings like that.

And that white hair…

It can’t be...that monster is back!?

Another person who had recognized Lucas was a strange...Kappa.

This person was Kawamatsu. A retainer of Oden in the past.

Kawamatsu looked up and his eyes lit up in excitement!

“Kappappappa! Akaoni-sama...to think that you are also here! We can finally win against Kaido!!!”

Flower Capital.

Lucas had no idea what was going on in the prisoners’ minds as he continued to fly in the skies of Wano.

He saw the castle sitting on top of the curved tree and knew that Orochi was there.

However, just as he was about to directly fly over to claim Orochi’s head, he saw there was something occurring below.

A lot of people seemed to have gathered on the streets but the middle lane is empty. As if they were waiting for someone to pass through.

Lucas originally didn’t pay it much attention at first and was about to ignore it when he saw a figure walking that middle lane accompanied by a few people around her.

“...Toki?”

Lucas’ eyes widened as he saw the woman being watched by all.

“...No, it’s not her…”

The woman did resemble the Toki that he knew...that beautiful face...that long jade green hair...but something was off.

It was as if she didn’t age a day?

If it isn’t her...then who?

Suddenly, Lucas remembered a person.

Hiyori!

While Lucas was surprised, the other people didn’t notice him and were cheering at the sides.

“Komurasaki-sama~!”

“How beautiful!”

“My eyes! She’s too bright for me!”

“Oiran-sama~!”

Hearing their shouts, Lucas paused.

Komurasaki? Who’s that?

...So she isn’t Hiyori?

But that face…

At this moment, three figures wearing ragged clothes suddenly appeared before Komurasaki. They all held knives and were crying miserably.

“Komurasaki…”

“You bitch…”

“I gave up everything for you…!”

The three ragged men cried.

“Give me back the money I entrusted you!”

“You thief!”

“Give it back!”

Lucas was stupefied.

What is this? Did she...play them? Uwaah...no no no...this...this isn’t the Hiyori I know…!

Right, this Komurasaki isn’t Hiyori. Definitely not!

Lucas attempted to think otherwise, but his heart still believes that this must be Hiyori and wasn’t like Momonosuke who was sent forward in time…

Komurasaki paused.

“Asking for your gift back? How pathetic you are...”

“...”

“To me, men are like dogs who bring me money. Without it, you’re worthless.”

Lucas’ jaw dropped to the ground. Still stupefied with the scene happening in front of him.

H-how cruel...Hiyori...no, Komurasaki...aren’t they pitiful enough already!?

The guards beside Komurasaki began to move and subdued those ragged people.

Pinning them to the ground, they shouted their last cry.

“Damn it…!”

“Go to hell!”

“Komurasaki!!!”

Komurasaki simply smiled while holding a fan to cover her face a bit.

“I...don’t like poor people.”

Lucas’ face twitched as he saw her mischievous smile behind that fan.

That mischievous smile overlapped with the little Hiyori that he carried in the past...she had the exact same smile when she wet her bed and pointed at Momonosuke to blame him!

Ahhh!!!

It’s really her!!!

Lucas wept and apologized to the late Toki and Oden.

Toki...Oden...I’m sorry! Your daughter is now a bad woman who cheats people of their money!

Lucas sighed and forced himself to calm down.

Right now, since he met Hiyori, he can’t just ignore her.

It seems she’s heading to Orochi’s palace as well...though Lucas doesn’t know why she is headed there and why she can walk around without getting caught, he couldn’t let her be in danger.

Right, these people called her Komurasaki and not Hiyori...is she working undercover?

No matter what, this is too dangerous.

Lucas shook his head. Since he was here anyway, even if he blows her cover, it won’t matter anymore once he kills Orochi and Kaido.

Thinking about this, Lucas descended and floated in front of her.

The whole crowd was shocked to suddenly see someone with wings appear. Moreover, he was wearing a red demon mask that looked real yet unreal at the same time.

Seeing Lucas appear, the guards around Hiyori quickly sprung into action and pointed their weapons at him.

“Who are you!?”

Lucas didn’t bother answering them and simply stared at Hiyori closely.

Hiyori’s eyes widened in shock.

This man...those wings...that mask…!

Then, slowly, Lucas lifted his hand to his face.

Hiyori saw a glimpse of a tattoo on his hand. An X mark with wings on both sides...she recognized that arm as well.

Tears started to appear at the corner of her eyes as she saw Lucas disperse his mask into a cloud of smoke, revealing his face.

Lucas smiled and spoke.

“I see you have your mother’s charm, Hiyori.”

“...Uncle...Lucas…!”

Hiyori quickly removed her tall sandals and jumped right into Lucas’ embrace which shocked everyone at the scene!

Eh?

Ehhhhhhh???

EEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!???

The three most shocked at this moment were the three ragged people who were cursing Komurasaki earlier.

What...what happened to men are like dogs who bring you money!!!???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Lucas knew that he had incited public outrage at the moment so he didn’t dare to linger around.

He spread his wings and quickly flew with Hiyori in his arms!

Anyway, for now...let’s escape!

In the skies of Wano.

Lucas flew above the clouds and stopped when he knew the people below couldn’t see them anymore.

Looking at Hiyori in his arms, Lucas smiled wryly.

“Hiyori, I didn’t know you became such a bad girl after growing up…”

Hiyori flinched. Then, she remembered what she said just then and figured that Lucas must’ve overheard it.

Her face quickly turned red in shame and embarrassment!

“T-t-t-that was...that’s not it! It was all just an act!”

“Right...anyway, it seems we have a stowaway…”

Hiyori pouted when she saw Lucas didn’t believe him. Then, she felt something wrapped around her leg.

Looking down, she saw a small girl with a grin while crying.

“Hahahahahaha! We’re flying! Hahahahaha! I’m so scared! Hahahahaha!”

Lucas frowned.

If you’re scared, why the heck are you laughing…?

Hiyori recognized the girl and called out.

“Toko!?”

“B-big sister! Hahahaha! I was so surprised when you suddenly removed your sandals! Hahahaha! So I grabbed onto you thinking you might’ve fallen down! Hahahahaha!”

“Silly girl…”

Hiyori smiled and knocked on her head lightly.

She looked back at Lucas and asked.

“Uncle Lucas, can we land first? I will explain everything then.”

“Alright.”

Lucas nodded and found a quiet spot in the forest by the side of a river.

The little girl let go of Hiyori’s leg when they landed but Hiyori was still clinging onto Lucas.

“...Hiyori? You can let go now…”

“A-ah! R-right!”

Hiyori blushed again and quickly let go.

Having felt Lucas’ familiar warmth again had made her remember those days when Lucas had carried her so she forgot that she already has an adult body for a moment…

Lucas could somehow understand her thoughts so he didn’t say anything. He coughed twice in an attempt to clear the awkwardness.

After a while, Hiyori calmed down and began her story.

Hiyori's here!!!

Originally, I had a different idea in mind regarding their reunion. In my previous idea, Lucas was supposed to arrive in Wano along with the rest of the Strawhats. Things progressed as it is in the original and Hiyori meets Zoro first. Later on, Lucas meets the two of them and sees that there seems to be...something going on between them...so Lucas threatens Zoro as Hiyori is like a daughter to him. XD

But well, plans are made to be thrown away XD I decided for Lucas to leave the crew again and go to Wano alone. Things also changed and seems to be going faster than the original story. So the meeting turned into this.

O-Toko has also made an appearance and we will soon see Lucas' reaction to the SMILE failed side effects.

That's all. See ya next chap!

107