Chapter 114: Mariejois
3.5k 7 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 114: Mariejois

Alabasta.

“Vivi! We’re leaving!”

“Coming!”

Hearing her father’s call, Vivi answered back as she looked at today’s newspaper.

There were multiple bounties inserted along with news that shook the world.

[Strawhat Luffy defeats Big Mom! One of the 4 Emperors has been replaced!!!]

[Sea Reaper Lucas is still ALIVE!!! The whole sea shivers in fear!!!]

Vivi smiled seeing this news. Though she didn’t know what Lucas is up to now, she knew that wherever he was, the world just hasn’t known what he is doing at the moment.

And she was right.

Wano was still a closed-off country and they haven’t gotten any news regarding Kaido’s defeat. Otherwise, there would be a whole different headline in the papers.

Or maybe they knew but the news was too big for them to let the public know about it...

Vivi stood up and took the newspaper along with her as she went to her father who was getting ready in a marine ship.

“Father, have you seen the news?”

“Hm?”

“Look! It’s Luffy and Lucas again!”

Vivi laughed and showed him two wanted posters.

[Monkey D. Luffy] 4,500,000,000

[Seareaper Lucas] 5,300,000,000

King Cobra’s eyes widened in shock.

1...3...6...9...10 digits!?

“4 billion...5 billion…!? This…”

“Hehe! Amazing right!?”

“...”

Cobra didn’t know what to say.

He knew in the past, Rogers also had a bounty of 5.5 billion...Lucas’ bounty is already so close to that level!

What does this mean!? Just what on earth did Lucas do!?

Meanwhile, on a certain island.

A certain red-haired man with a claw scar over his left eye smiled as he saw the new bounties.

“Luffy...so you’ve finally stepped foot on this stage...it seems we will meet again soon.”

Shanks’ gaze then landed on Lucas’ bounty.

“So Lucas has also returned. About damn time.”

Chuckling, he stood up and looked back at his crewmates.

“Oy! Time to set sail!”

“Where to, captain?”

Shanks’ mouth curved into a grin and spoke their destination.

On another certain island.

A huge ship docked at the side as a few individuals landed to shore where a man with a sort of tribal tattoo on his face welcomed them.

“You lot are finally back.”

“Dragon!”

Sabo grinned and greeted the man.

Dragon nodded at him then turned to Bello Betty who also just landed.

“Is what you reported earlier true?”

“Yeah. With Lucas as the new Shogun of Wano, albeit a temporary one, Wano’s doors will be open to the world. Which means, they will soon take part in the Reverie.”

“But I don’t take Lucas as someone who would join the World Government just like that.”

Sabo added.

Dragon fell silent for a moment and his gaze looked to the horizon.

“Gather everyone and get ready. We will set sail once more.”

“Hm?”

“Whether Luca is planning something else or not, this is the right moment.”

“You mean…”

Sabo and Betty looked at each other.

Dragon nodded.

“We’re declaring war now.”

A few days later, as the news regarding Luffy and Lucas was spread throughout the world and everyone had mixed feelings, our main protagonist is currently yawning while standing on the deck of a huge ship.

“Are we there yet~?”

“...We’re close.”

Kohza smiled bitterly as he reported their position.

Unlike other people who are escorted by marine ships, they were the only ones who had to go to Mariejois using their own ship.

After all, they are technically not invited to the Reverie. It was thanks to Kohza’s network that they found out a Reverie was going to be held to deal with the issue in Wano.

Thanks to Nojiko, their ship was able to float and didn’t need to board the elevators to ride to the top of the Red Line.

Like this, they had started to sail the clouds for 3 days already.

In the distance, Lucas caught a glimpse of land.

“Ah! I can see it! Red Line!”

Seeing such a huge piece of land actually appear as if standing on top of the clouds made Lucas remember their trip to SkyPiea.

“Ah! Daddy! I can see it too!”

“Hehe, do you want to go there, Luna?”

Lucas laughed as he held Luna up to his shoulders.

“Un!”

“Alright! Since my cute daughter likes it, later, we’ll go and snatch that land for ourselves!”

“Yay!”

“...”

Hearing the conversation between this father and daughter, Kohza broke into a cold sweat.

Aren’t we just going to participate in the Reverie!? Are we supposed to open Wano’s borders!? What is this about snatching land!?

That’s Mariejois for god’s sake! That’s the Red Line!

There were too many things to retort that Kohza didn’t know where to start.

Beside him, Nojiko just laughed it off and didn’t bother thinking about what Lucas said.

It was just like fathers to brag a lot and say they will even obtain the moon if their child asks for it.

“Hahaha! Lucas dotes on Luna so much.”

“Of course! Hahaha!”

Then, Hiyori and Yamato appeared by the side.

“Lucas-sama, is that...a mountain? How can a mountain be so tall that it appears above the clouds?”

“Ohh! Does Akaoni-sama plan on taking that land? If so, I, Yamato, shall aid you in this endeavour!”

Lucas smiled and explained the layout of the world to the two of them.

Since none of them had ever stepped foot outside of Wano, they didn’t know how the world looked like and were lacking some common sense.

After hearing more about the world, the two of them were shocked and surprised.

“My...so this huge mountain stretches all the way around the world? How amazing!”

“The earth is round!? That’s ridiculous!”

“...”

That’s where you're confused!?

Lucas looked at Yamato in disbelief. Just how sheltered is this woman? Isn’t she too dumb?

“But if Akaoni-sama says so, it must be true!”

“...You know, our planet actually revolves around the sun.”

“Nani!? Then, wouldn't we get dizzy!? Ah, but if Akaoni-sama says so, it must be true!”

Seeing Yamato nodding to herself, Lucas’ face turned solemn as he patted her shoulder.

“Yamato...I am your father.”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”

Lucas calmly watched Yamato’s reaction.

At first, there was shock. Then her face turned to relief. But then it turned to confusion...shock...disbelief…"But Akaoni-sama says so…"...then enlightenment...finally, disappointment.

...Oi, did she really believe it?

Suddenly, Yamato spoke in a small voice while looking at Lucas with tears in her eyes.

“F-father…”

“...”

Lucas froze.

“I was just joking! I’m not your father!”

“Eh?”

“Eh?”

The two of them looked at each other in silence.

“R-really?”

“Of course! How can you even think I am your father!? It doesn’t make sense!”

“But...but you said so…”

“Don’t just believe everything I said!”

“Also, I was starting to suspect if I really am Kaido’s daughter. After all, he is so ugly and huge. I’m obviously very pretty and sexy. How can I be his daughter?”

“...”

At this moment, Lucas had the urge to punch her for being sarcastic.

“After all, Akaoni-sama is so handsome and powerful. It would make sense if I am your daughter!”

“...”

How would that make any sense!?

However, Lucas heard she said he was handsome and powerful so he just let it slide.

Seeing that the others were trying hard not to laugh at him, he cleared his throat in embarrassment and quickly changed the topic.

“Anyways, prepare the bridge. Let's go.”

There wasn’t really anywhere they could park their ship above the Red Line so they simply had it hover beside it and placed a bridge between them for them to cross.

Well, they could just jump as well but Lucas wanted to take it easy and walk.

As they walked, they saw what seemed like a long walkalator.

“Daddy, what’s that?”

“The floor moves. How strange.”

Luna and Hiyori both looked curious as they saw that mechanism. However, Lucas frowned.

He could tell. Using his Observation Haki...he could tell what it is beneath it.

It wasn’t some sort of contraption that is moved by a machine...no. The walkalator moves due to being pulled by hundreds of men beneath it while being whipped by slave drivers.

Simply seeing this scene had disgusted Lucas.

“Hmph!”

Lucas snorted and stepped on the ground lightly.

In that moment, his Emperor’s Haki came crashing down beneath and directly incapacitated everyone.

While the slaves were simply put asleep, the slave drivers felt their hearts clench...and stopped beating.

The next moment, the walkalator stopped moving.

“Aw, it stopped.”

“It probably malfunctioned. Come on. Let’s go.”

“But it looked so fun…”

“Luna-sama! You can ride on me instead! I’m much faster than that thing!”

Yamato quickly lifted Luna and placed her on her shoulders as she ran ahead.

Lucas smiled when he saw that. Though Yamata seemed to be not right in the head sometimes, she is still quite powerful. It would be impossible for her not to have Observation Haki and not see what happened beneath.

Even though Luna also has quite the powerful Haki, she can’t really control it just yet so she didn’t see.

Tagging along with them, Momonosuke was silent and was staring at the ground.

“...Uncle Lucas...did you do something just now?”

“You noticed? Seems like you’re becoming stronger as well, Momo.”

Lucas chuckled and didn’t say much.

Kinnemon knew what happened as well but didn’t want to upset Momonosuke so he simply urged him.

“Come, Momonosuke-sama. We are close.”

“Un.”

Momonosuke nodded and no longer lingered.

After a while, their whole group finally reached the end where they saw a huge castle.

Luna’s eyes glittered seeing it.

She tugged on Lucas’ shirt and turned to him, eyes still glittering.

“Daddy! Daddy!”

“Hm?”

Then, her tiny hand pointed at the huge castle.

“That...looks like a lot of money! Luna wants!”

“...”

Reverie Arc!

See ya next chap!

94