Chapter 118: Aunt and Cousin
3.6k 10 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 118: Aunt and Cousin

“Seeing your reaction, I take it that I’m right?”

“...So you mean...this World Fruit...can indeed allow one to travel to other worlds?”

“I think you know the answer to that better than I do.”

Lucas frowned.

Frankly, Lucas had been surprised by everything he had heard just now. However, this only brought in more questions than answers.

If what she said is true...then how the hell does Oda, the author of One Piece, be able to tell such an accurate story?

Was it his father who told him?

And why did his father not tell him about something as important as this!? He was convinced that he was a normal kid since birth and that the strange fruit he ate had just somehow sent him to the world of One Piece since he was watching it just before…

As for how that fruit got to their fridge...well, maybe his father put it there?

But why!? Who the hell puts such a heaven defying fruit in your fridge like some goddamn grocery!?

Right now, all Lucas wanted was to go back, find his father, and strangle him for the answers!

Lucas closed his eyes and started to deeply remember his childhood, looking for hints or answers.

But no matter how he tries to remember, all he could remember were normal days. Nothing out of the ordinary…

If he has to point out one, it would be the fact that he never knew his grandparents and that he also didn’t know if he has any uncles or aunts. But that could be just because his parents didn’t want to tell him. It’s too far-fetched to think that they came from another world just because of that…

...Hm? Hold on…

If we think that my father is really originally from this world...then that would explain why I don’t know my grandparents, uncles, or aunts from my father’s side...but what about my mother?

As far as Lucas can recall, he also didn’t know any family members from his mother’s side. She never talked about them as well...why?

Suppose my father didn’t tell me about it because he isn’t from Earth...then what about my mother? What excuse does she have?

...Don’t tell me...it’s not just my father who is from another world!?

Lucas scratched his head in frustration.

No matter what he thought of, more and more questions only popped up and no answers.

Shaking his head, he decided not to think about it for now and looked back towards Im.

“...Since when have you known about me?”

“Well...it has been a while. I’m afraid this story will take some time.”

“I’ve got plenty of time.”

“Alright then.”

Im nodded and started to explain.

“When I first found out about you, it was entirely a coincidence. Back then, I’ve been keeping an eye on the people carrying the Will of D in their names. Marshall D. Teach is one of them.”

“Blackbeard?”

Lucas was surprised. He didn’t think he would once again hear his name here after killing him ages ago.

Im nodded.

“I suppose he has indeed called himself as such. Anyway, I’ve been monitoring him for quite a while when I suddenly received news of his bounty being claimed in the island of Jaya.”

“...”

“When I sent someone to investigate, they gave me your description. Back then, I thought you were actually my son.”

“Hah?”

Im sighed.

“I told you that I was pregnant before. However, I had to send him away after his birth in order to protect him. Without the power of the World Devil Fruit, my position is actually just a figurehead. I am unable to control the Celestial Dragons, as such, they’ve become rather...complacent and arrogant. I have no choice but to send my son away to protect him from being used by them to control me.”

“I see…But do they still need to threaten you to control you? I thought you said you don’t have any power?”

Im smiled.

“I said I didn’t have the power of the World Devil Fruit. However, as the person sitting on this throne, I still have some weight to pull. The Five Elders and the Cipher Pol are all loyal to me. Plus, I also have control over 1 of the 3 Ancient Weapons.”

“Ancient Weapon? Is it Uranus or Pluton? Ah, I think Pluton was long lost?”

Towards Lucas’ question, Im just smiled and didn’t say anymore.

Tch

Lucas clicked his tongue and didn’t bother with it for now.

Im continued her story.

“And so, afraid that my son would be involved in whatever scheme those Celestial Dragons planned, I sent him to an island which even I don’t know of. So when I heard your description...I thought you were my long lost son.”

“...”

“Since I found you, I naturally wouldn’t abandon you anymore. I didn’t have much power back then when I just took this position. But now that I’ve somewhat solidified my authority, I figured it was time to call you back...but...I was afraid of what you might think of me. So I discreetly led the Admiral to your location instead of offering you a position. Since you were a pirate, I figured making you a Shichibukai would be good.”

Lucas was surprised by her explanation.

Was that the real reason why Aokiji came? He acted as if he was only after Robin and Luffy when he was really going for me the whole time?

Im seemed to have guessed what he was thinking and explained.

“I didn’t tell him about you. I merely knew of his relationship with Nico Robin. I also told him there might be a pirate there which can be of use as a Shichibukai. I believed in your strength for taking down Teach that you are enough to become one.”

Lucas could only chuckle wryly and sigh.

Seems he stood out too much back then…

“Once you become a Shichibukai, I let you meet the members of CP9 to test you and investigate you. The real reason why they didn’t have any problems with following you was because to them, it is the same as following me.”

“...”

Lucas’ face twitched.

Those damn bastards! They really had me fooled!

Im chuckled.

“Don’t blame them. While it is true that they have been reporting to me as well, they wholeheartedly choose to follow you.”

“Hmph! They better be! Otherwise, I don’t mind teaching them a lesson again!”

Im smiled and shook her head.

“While following you, they reported to me everything. Naturally, I knew about that...what do you call it? Smartphone?”

“Uhh…”

“When I heard that, I was confused for a while. Even Vegapunk didn’t know of such a device. It was then that I recalled my brother’s words back then. About using the World Devil Fruit to travel to other worlds.”

Lucas sighed as he already knew where this was going.

“It was also then that I thought, you weren’t my son...but most likely, my brother’s! Still, it didn’t matter. We are still family and as your aunt, I still need to protect you. But then...that war happened.”

War...did she mean the Summit War?

“When I heard of what happened to you...I was so mad I wanted nothing more than to kill everyone to join you! You were the son of my brother who had saved my life! But you had died in such a...meaningless war!”

“...”

“I was going to unleash the Ancient Weapons but those five old fogies stopped me.”

Five old fogies?

Lucas blinked for a while before realizing who she meant.

He turned back to see the five elders still kneeling and sweating after being mentioned.

It was also around that time that I discovered my real son. Lucius, come and meet your cousin.”

“Lucius?”

Lucas turned and saw a familiar face emerging from the darkness.

His face twitched a few times as he saw who it was.

Right...it was that guy who had gotten Blackbeard’s Dark Devil Fruit and had also killed Kaido ahead of him!

Wait...so in the end, they really were family!?

And they’re cousins!!!???

Lucius smiled and greeted Lucas.

“Brother, we meet again.”

“...We’re cousins.”

“It’s the same.”

Lucius didn’t mind Lucas’ scowl and just kept smiling.

He had finally gotten his family back together after all this time! He was truly as happy as he can be!

Lucas shivered when he saw Lucius smile.

Somehow...it just gives him the creeps…

But if it is indeed true that they were related to each other...then he can’t stay angry at him...but that doesn’t mean he has to get along with him as well.

Lucas had long been envious of other kids his age back then, bragging about their uncles and cousins. Look at him now, his aunt is an Empress and his cousin is a...a...a psycho!

Who else can beat that!?

Lucas quickly shook the thought out of his head and turned back to Im.

For a while, he didn’t know what to say. Eventually, he could only sigh.

“What’s wrong, my dear?”

“That...well, honestly, all of this is a shock to me. I came here expecting to slap some faces, beat up some nobles, and take over this place”

“...”

“...”

Both Im and Lucius were speechless when they heard his bold plan...

“But now...now I found out that I have an aunt and a cousin out of nowhere…”

“Umm...Lucas? Back up...what do you mean taking over this place?”

“Hm? Ah, when my daughter saw this castle, she said she wanted it so I was planning on taking it.”

“...”

“Hm? But then...since I’m your nephew, doesn’t that mean this is also mine anyway? I guess I can let her play around the place later. Ah, I’ll have to remove those broken swords down there in case she gets hurt.”

“...”

Nephew, those swords are placed there as part of each countries’ oath when joining the World Government…

Im sweated a bit when she heard what Lucas was planning to do.

This is certainly my brother’s child...what a troublemaker…

Lucas shook his head then asked.

“Now what? What are you planning on doing with those Celestial Dragons? Don’t tell me you’re just going to leave them running around freely?”

“It is indeed a problem for them to continue running rampant. However, there is nothing else I can do. I do not show any actual power myself. Not to mention that the Celestial Dragons also hold 1 of the Ancient Weapons.”

“Ah? Which one is it?”

“Pluton.”

“...”

Lucas fell silent.

So since the Celestial Dragons have Pluton...and Shirahoshi is the other Ancient Weapon...does that mean Im has Uranus?

But since it's Pluton, there’s no problem.

“No need to worry about the Pluton, I can handle it.”

“You can?”

“Yeah. Back then, I stole the blueprints of Pluton and had my people work on a ship that can destroy Pluton.”

“...”

Im was speechless again.

On the other hand, Lucius seemed excited.

“Aha! In that case, we can deal with those pesky bastards! I’ve long since wanted to kill them all but mother won’t let me because they have Pluton!”

“...”

Lucas stared at Lucius with half closed eyes.

As expected of my psycho cousin…

Im thought for a moment and sighed.

“Alright, you can deal with them as you please. Just be careful.”

“Don’t worry, isn’t it just an Ancient Weapon? It’s not like we’re facing Thanos and his Infinity Gauntlet.”

“???”

“...It’s another world’s joke.”

“Ohh…”

Lucas laughed dryly then turned around.

“Anyway, I’ll be going.”

After taking a few steps away, he stopped for a while and spoke again.

“I’m saying this now. I still don’t fully trust either of you whether you are telling the truth about me and my father. But as long as neither of you go against me...then I’ll leave you be. Otherwise…”

Lucas turned around, his eyes flashing red.

“If you dare hurt those close to me...it doesn’t matter if you are my aunt, my cousin...or even my parents! I will kill you!”

Facing this threat, Im didn’t mind it and merely smiled.

“Duly noted.”

Lucas looked at them for a few more seconds before leaving the throne room.

Once he was gone, Lucius turned to his mother and smiled.

“See? Isn't my brother very powerful?”

“Un. If we can gain his help...we can finally change this world for the better...”

I know this chap has been delayed a lot...well, nothing much I can do about it. Like I said in the previous chap, my lil bro's laptop died so we're sharing 1 pc. And now he has been doing a college project so he takes up more time than me.

Plus, there's a lot of work for mee on the weekdays and my MGEX Unicorn Gundam has also arrived so I'm building that most of my time XD

Now, the Ancient Weapons are finally being revealed. Lucas' plan from the early chapters about using Pluton's blueprints is also finally coming into play!

See ya next chapter!

93