Chapter 2: Meeting Kohza!
17.3k 24 256
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alabasta Map

AN: Map is for your reference.

Chapter 2: Meeting Kohza!

While Luffy started to meet Ace and being chased by Smoker and the Marines, Lucas headed east of Nanohana.

According to the original story, Luffy and the rest would head to Yuba to talk to the rebellions and hopefully convince them to stop the impending war.

However, upon reaching it, they will no doubt find nothing but sand and ruins there except for Toto and that the rebel army had already moved to Katorea, a city east of Nanohana.

Lucas knew about this but didn’t say anything to them as he didn’t know how else to explain it.

Say that in his world, their whole future is already written and drawn?

Lucas doesn’t think that that revelation would not cause anything and Lucas didn’t want Luffy’s heart to be shaken because of it.

He can only help them to the best they can.

After walking for a bit, he finally saw Katorea. 

Lucas looked at the surroundings and saw a few people moving cargoes here and there.

Of course the contents of the cargoes are covered but those were definitely weapons for the rebel army.

He only looked at the direction they were going before heading there himself.

“Please sir!”

“No.”

Lucas heard a child’s scream at a clearing in the front.

“Why not!? I’m fit to join the rebellion! I hate the King! Let me fight with you!”

The child shouted but the man sitting in front of him still shook his head.

“Show him Falafra.”

“Right.”

The man beside him nodded and took of the upper part of his clothes.

What was revealed was a gouged out shoulder and a missing right hand!

“!!!”

“He got those wounds protecting me during battle! You want to see the hospital and graveyard too!?”

“I’m not afraid of that stuff!”

The child shouted still.

“...”

“One of my friends in the town next to Erumalu is sick! I know...that it’s gonna dry up, just like Erumalu did! It’s all his fault for stealing the rain! I want to fight too! I’m not afraid of being hurt or dying!”

Lucas watched the situation unfold and can’t help but sigh.

“Then...go home. Our opinions disagree. We’re all afraid...we don’t want to fight.”

“Then why are you fighting!? Are you nuts!?”

“Because the battle has started...the country wished it to happen. We don’t want to fight, we have to fight. I don’t care whether you understand or not...Go home!”

“B-but…!”

“I told you to leave! This isn’t the place for kids!!!”

The man snapped and finally shouted at the kid.

The kid let out tears at the corner of his eyes but didn’t cry out as he ran away.

As he ran, he passed by Lucas who was watching at a distance, this caused him to be noticed by everyone else.

“Who’re you?”

“Are you, by chance, the leader of this rebel group?”

“What of it? Are you looking to join as well? If so, forget it. Just one look at you and I can tell you haven’t been to fights before. You’re not even a local here. What do you want?”

Lucas smiled wryly, thinking that he really looks as normal as it gets except for his white hair.

“I am not here to join you. I came here to stop you.”

“...What?”

“Kohza, as I see it, if this person intends on stopping us, then he’s an enemy!”

Suddenly, the rebel group raised their weapons and pointed at Lucas!

Lucas gulped at the sight of those weapons pointing at him. After all, this is the first time he was pointed a weapon, he can’t help but feel overwhelmed.

Kohza seemed to notice this so he raised his hand to stop everyone.

The weapons were lowered but the rebel group were still vigilant.

Lucas let out a sigh and felt relieved.

“Thanks.”

“Don’t thank me yet. I may just change my mind.”

“Haha…”

Lucas can only let out a dry laugh at his statement.

“Speak. Just what do you intend to do by stopping us here? Can you even stop us?”

“I can’t.”

Kohza frowned when Lucas shook his head.

“But someone else will. The reason why I am doing it instead is...because she thinks that you are still in Yuba...and that she is headed there right now to stop you.”

“...She?”

“...Is there a quiet place we can talk?”

Lucas looked around at the various rebel group gathered here and remembered how the Baroque works had already infiltrated both the rebel group and the royal guards.

“...Fine. In the tent.”

“Kohza!”

Some of Kohza’s close friends shouted, obviously not agreeing with letting the two be alone.

“You can come with if you want. If it’s your close friends, they should be safe.”

Kohza and the rest looked at Lucas weirdly before nodding and headed into the tent.

After they settled inside, Lucas finally spoke.

“Princess Vivi Nefertari...I think you know her?”

“!?”

Kohza and everyone looked in shock. This was a name they haven’t heard in a long time.

“Where did you hear this name?”

Lucas sighed and explained.

“You have no idea what this princess has been through and the things she had to do for this kingdom while you guys are here fighting against each other…”

“You-!”

One of Kohza’s friends snapped again but Kohza held him back.

“As I said, right now, she’s headed towards Yuba with information to stop you and the rebels. She wanted to end this war before it reaches a point where it can no longer be returned from.”

“...What information?”

“About that incident with the Dance Powder.”

“...What about it?”

“That incident was staged to frame the King. The truth is, Crocodile wanted this kingdom for his own and had been staging for him to capture it. Once the people stopped believing in the King, and once the rebel group and the royal guards kill each other, he would appear to be the hero who will save this kingdom.”

Kohza and the rest were too shocked hearing this information.

“You don’t have to believe me right away. I know that to you, I am but a stranger. Honestly this should’ve been Vivi’s role but she’s headed to Yuba now…All I want is just for you to listen. What you do next...is still up to you.”

“...Speak. How did you meet Princess Vivi?”

Lucas nodded.

“I was drifting in the seas when Luffy and the rest found me. Vivi is also in their ship.”

“Luffy?”

“Yes. Otherwise known as the captain of the Strawhat pirates.”

“Pirates!?”

Hearing this word, they frowned immediately.

“I know you wouldn't believe this but I didn’t want to lie. Yes, they are pirates, but right now, they are the only reason why Vivi is still alive.”

“...”

“Vivi has been working undercover under Baroque Works to find out their leader and why they are plotting against her kingdom. It took her a long time and she had to do things she regret doing just to keep her cover safe. But she found out in the end about Crocodile.”

Lucas continued.

“Naturally, this kind of information doesn’t come freely. Crocodile knows that she knows and had been sending assassins to kill her every step of the way. Even now, as we speak, assassins are still after her life.”

Hearing this, Kohza and the rest were solemn and continued to remains silent.

“Look, as I said. I’m just a stranger. To you and to Vivi. I mean, seriously. They literally picked me off the sea. I didn’t know any of them until earlier...but they gave me food even when they are already out of it. They took me in their care and said I was their friend. I’m weak. That’s why I stayed out of this fight because I know I’ll be a burden to them.”

From the point of Kohza and the rest, they would think that Lucas had already separated with Vivi and them when he found out that the rebel group was actually here in Katorea and not in Yuba,

By the time he found out, Vivi and them are already on the way to Yuba and there was no time to chase after them which was why he decided to confront them now.

Of course, the truth was that Lucas already knew that they are in Katorea but didn’t know how to tell Luffy and the others and how to explain why he knew about it.

“But I still wanted to help. Somehow. In some...way. That’s why I’m here. A guy like Crocodile will no doubt have spies on both the rebel and royal guards. Kohza, I know it’s a lot to take in, especially now that it had reached this point...but this is the truth.”

Lucas looked at Kohza in the eye with utmost sincerity and seriousness.

Everyone else also looked at Kohza, awaiting his decision.

After a while, Lucas saw that Kohza still remained silent, he sighed and decided to leave. Anyway, there are plenty of ways he can try to help Luffy and the others without fighting.

Just before he left, he said another detail to them.

“Right now, after Vivi finds out that you are not in Yuba, they will no doubt head towards Rainbase and attack Crocodile directly! Even with Luffy and the others are there, I don’t think they can beat him just yet. The day after tomorrow, a fake King will arrive in Nanohana and start the war...you must not give in to hatred, Kohza”

Lucas left and started to plan out.

He was just one man and he can’t be everywhere at once.

Judging by the time, Mr. 3 had already went to find Crocodile, as a result, he now knows that Luffy and the others are still alive.

As for Luffy and them, they should’ve arrived in Yuba by now and Carue is almost at Alubarna to deliver the news to the King.

By tomorrow, Luffy and the royal guards would be heading towards Rainbase in an attempt to attack Crocodile while the rebel army heads towards Alubarna.

The day after that will be when Crocodile launches his Plan Utopia.

“Next would be...to head back to Nanohana...where the fake King will make things worse.”

Lucas looked as the sinking sun and decided to leave quickly to rest in Nanohana. The distance of Katorea and Nanohana isn’t that great and could be reached within the day.

By the time he reached Nanohana, it was already nighttime. Lucas looked for a place with covers to sleep in. He doesn’t have any money so he can’t afford an inn. He can only rest in a shade somewhere in the city.

It was cold at night but Lucas ignored it and let himself sleep to get ready for tomorrow.

When the sun rose again, he got up and started to warm up.

In this world where the strong rules, he can’t always be too weak. He needed to start training his body now.

He started with 20 push ups and 20 laps around a park.

Before this, Lucas didn’t bother exercising at all so his limit was absolutely low.

After resting for a bit, he started training again and added 5 more push ups and 5 more laps.

He was nearly unable to complete it but managed to do so with sheer will. He was dead tired after that but forced himself not to sit down.

“Damn, I’m really pathetically weak...at this rate, how long will it be till I can train Haki?”

In order to deal with Logia devil fruit users like Crocodile, it’s a must to learn Armament Haki. Observation Haki can also greatly impact his future battles and that’s an absolute must as well.

If he wanted to become strong and stand out, he would definitely need to have these two Hakis.

As for the Emperor’s Haki...that’s something only a few people have and not everyone is born with it. It was useless to hope for him to have it.

Naturally, it’s best if he has it.

“Alright, that’s enough rest. One more!”

This time, he added another 5 push ups and 5 laps.

His arms and legs felt weak and frail afterwards due to him pushing his limits to the extreme.

Lucas was no longer able to force himself to stand up and so he collapsed to the ground. Still he was able to force himself to remain conscious.

What happened next surprised him.

A warm feeling started to flow throughout his body and the pain in his muscles started to soothe.

Lucas felt refreshed and suddenly, he was no longer tired.

He sat up and looked at his body in confusion.

“What was that?”

Lucas asked out loud but there was no one to answer his question.

He thought for a while before finally giving up as he truly had no answers. He can only resume his training now that it came to this.

As usual, he added 5 more sets on his next training but the strange thing was, even after completing them, he was still completely fine.

Lucas was confused but still had no answers for it.

Adding more and more sets, Lucas discovered his limit is now at 50 push ups and 50 laps.

He collapsed again after hitting this new limit but still forced himself to stay conscious.

The warm feeling came again and his body was refreshed.

Lucas sat up again and felt his body. Afterwards, he broke into laughter!

“Hahaha! I don’t know what’s happening but this is my chance!”

Lucas pushed on his training endlessly. There was nothing else he can do at the moment but wait anyway.

The main event starts from tomorrow onwards. Till then, he would try his hardest to upgrade his strength!

Night fell and morning came.

Lucas did not bother to eat as he didn’t have money.

He simply trained like a madman and ended up being able to do 1000 pushups and 1000 laps.

After waking up. He looked at the far distance and muttered.

“Luffy and them should be captured already by Crocodile along with Smoker. But Sanji’s there and he isn’t captured so they should be good.”

Lucas then focused on the events that will happen here in Nanohana.

Just as he predicted, the ‘King’ made his rounds in the city and announced something.

“I have an apology to make! I am the one who stole this country’s rain!”

“!!!”

The crowd was in disarray at this revelation.

“And in order to forget this annoying Dance Powder controversy...I am going to destroy Nanohana.”

“H-how can this be!?”

“Your Majesty!”

Everyone started to panic as the soldiers started to begin their move.

But before they could start hitting people, a person appeared on the scene.

“What the hell...do you think you’re doing!?”

Kohza has appeared with a horse!

The ‘King’ saw him and calmly answered.

“I have come to apologize.”

“Be silent! Enough with the insults!”

Kohza shouted but the ‘King’ continued without minding him.

“The one who died up this country with Dance Powder...was I.”

“I told you to shut up! You filthy piece of crap!”

Kohza tried to attack him but was held back by the guards.

Seeing all these unfold, Lucas sighed and stepped forward.

“Your Majesty.”

“Huh? Who’re you?”

“You!”

The ‘King’ looked at Lucas in confusion while Kohza was surprised to see him step out.

Lucas was calm and pointed at his own left cheek.

“Your makeup is showing.”

“Ah?”

The ‘King’ inadvertently touched his face with his left hand in surprise but soon regretted it.

The Mane Mane no Mi. Once a the user touches someone with their right hand on the face, they can copy that person’s appearance.

But once they touch their own face with their left hand...well, they revert back to their original appearance.

Everyone’s eyes went wide as they saw their ‘King’ suddenly change face!

“Ahh! They found out!!!”

Mr 2. Immediately panicked went pale.

Kohza saw this and his whole body started to tremble.

This was it. This proof is enough!

“Hear me! Citizens of Nanohana!”

Kohza shouted with a loud voice that resounded to everyone’s ears.

“Take a look and see this fake King! He and his people are the ones responsible for destroying our home! For drying our land! For shaking or beliefs!”

Streams of tears started to flow on Kohza’s face as he remembers everything he had done and how foolish he was.

“No more! This is where we stand up and fight! It is our time to defend our King! Defend his reputation! His people! His Kingdom!”

“Long live King Cobra!”

“Kill those bastards for destroying our peace and framing our King!!!”

Everyone’s eyes went red as they all felt selfish and foolish to doubt their King. Even when they didn’t admit it, they knew in their hearts that they began to doubt the King.

Now, seeing this revelation, they can’t help but be mad at themselves!

Kohza, especially, is angry at himself!

Mr. 2 saw this and immediately grimaced. He turned towards Lucas who had caused this incident.

“You! Who are you and how did you know about this!?”

Lucas grinned and raised his left arm with the bandage.

“My name is Lucas! I am...Strawhat Luffy and Princess Vivi’s...friend!”

Mr. 2 gritted his teeth and wanted to kill him but saw the human wave rushing in rage.

He thought for a while before deciding to run away! He needed to tell Crocodile that the plan has changed!

Suddenly, a huge ship came crashing from the shore!

Lucas saw this and turned towards Kohza.

“Kohza, don’t mind them for now! The people need a leader to guide them! Put out the fires first!”

Kohza saw the retreating Mr. 2 and the panicking people. He bit his lip and decided that Lucas was right. The people’s lives are more important now!

Meanwhile, a distance away. A strange turtle with a hat was dragging along a carriage through the desert.

“What!? You revealed your image!?”

Miss Doublefinger shouted at Mr. 2.

“How was I supposed to know there was another person involved!? The intel was wrong! To think that they had someone in Nanohana…”

“...It’s as if they know our plans.”

Mr. 1 frowned.

“Either the opponent is really smart...or there’s a traitor in our midst.”

“...We need to tell the boss.”

The three went silent for a while before deciding to finally call Crocodile with the den den mushi.

As the one who caused the failure, Mr.2 was the one who rang.

After a while, an annoyed voice resounded.

“Mr. 2, how goes the mission? Why don’t you tell Princess Vivi here what her father just did?”

At this moment, Luffy and the rest along with Smoker are trapped in a cage made of seastones and unable to get out.

Princess Vivi was also captured and is forced to seat with Crocodile.

Vivi heard the name Mr. 2 and can’t help but remember his ability. Her face paled as she feared for the worst.

“T-that, Zero-chan, the plan failed.”

“...Huh?”

Instantly, Crocodile’s expression dropped.

“There was a kid named Lucas there with the rebellion’s leader, Kohza. He knew who I was and my abilities!”

“...Who’s this brat?”

“He said...he’s a friend of Strawhat Luffy and Princess Vivi!”

Hearing the name Lucas, Vivi and the rest were all surprised!

“Lucas!?”

“Lucas still hasn’t left!?”

“He met with the rebellion!”

Vivi was surprised that this boy they met in the sea had actually been the one to turn the tides! Hearing how he’s with Kohza now made her heart at ease.

Luffy grinned and laughed.

“Shishishi! You guys are in for it now!”

Crocodile’s hand trembled in rage and destroyed the table!

He looked at Miss All Sunday and shouted.

“Get me this Lucas and kill him!”

“...What about the plan?”

“Doesn’t matter if the rebel group is no longer against the King. The plan continues!”

Miss All Sunday nodded and left the building.

Vivi and the others saw this and can’t help but be worried.

Luffy grinned at them and said.

“Don’t worry. He’s smart. He’ll be fine.”

Zoro chuckled as well and continued to lay back.

“Heh, he sure is something.”

Seeing them like this, even Smoker can’t help but feel intrigued about this Lucas person.

Just what kind of man be able to put a dent on Crocodile’s plans?


AN: 2nd chap...I will stop for now and post tomorrow if possible. Let me know if there's anything. :)

See you in the next chap!

256