Chapter 3: Confronting Crocodile!
14.4k 9 241
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Confronting Crocodile!

Back in Nanohana. Lucas watched on as Kohza took the stage once the fires were put out.

“Listen, rebels! From now on, we will no longer be the rebellion! We will now fight for the King! We shall crush the person responsible for destroying our Kingdom, the Shichibukai, Crocodile!”

“Defend the King! Defend Alubarna!”

“Yaaaaaaaahhh!”

“Long live the King!”

As Lucas saw this, he can’t help but smile.

In the original story, this was supposed to be the part where Kohza attacks Alubarna. Yet now, they are acting to defend it!

“With this...maybe we can end this war with the least amount of people dying…”

Lucas knew about Vivi’s naivete about wanting a war to end without anyone dying. He knows that such a thing is impossible in a war.

The best he can do is hope to minimize the casualties!

Lucas joined Kohza and the rest as they rode horses straight to Alubarna.

The distance was great but due to their urgency, they still arrived within the day.

“Kohza, Vivi and the others should be reaching here soon. But Crocodile’s men are already here. They’re strong. Right now, only Luffy’s crew can defeat them!”

“What about Crocodile then?”

“Luffy can defeat him! Definitely!”

Kohza saw the surety in Lucas’ eyes and smiled.

“It seems you really trust this person.”

“Yeah. He will one day become the Pirate King after all!”

Lucas laughed.

After a while, they finally had Alubarna in their sights.

“Kohza! There’s someone in front!”

Someone pointed out and caused Lucas to look as well.

He frowned as he saw the person in front of him.

That black hair and figure...the Devil’s Child Nico Robin!

Everyone stopped as they reached her.

“Step aside! We are in a hurry!”

Kohza shouted but Robin merely smiled and was still calm.

“Kohza, head first...I’ll deal with her.”

“You sure?”

“Un. Go! And remember! There is a bomb in the clock tower! If it explodes, it will wipe out the whole city!”

Hearing this, Robin squinted her eyes in wonder. She truly don’t know how Lucas even knew of this.

“The bomb’s guarded by two of Crocodile’s men! Find the Strawhat pirates first! They can deal with them!”

“...I understand. Let’s go!”

Kohza went solemn as he heard this.

He gritted his teeth and believed Lucas as he ordered his men.

Robin did not mind them and focused only on Lucas.

“You seem to know a lot.”

“I can say the same to you too, Miss All Sunday. Or is it Nico Robin?”

“Fufu, you even know that.”

Despite being surprised, Robin only chuckled and remained calm.

Lucas sighed as he looked at the distant Alubarna.

“Why are you even on Crocodile’s side? You know that he doesn’t think much of you right? If you don’t give him Pluto’s location, he will kill you without any hesitation. And the History Poneglyph you are looking for is not here in Alabasta.”

This time, Robin’s calm expression fell.

Lucas watched Robin remain silent so he asked.

“How’s Luffy?”

“...He should be with that bird man. Still alive.”

Lucas sighed in relief. In the original story, Robin had indeed saved Luffy from the brink of death without Crocodile knowing.

But this time, there was him and she also came here for him. He was worried that because of this, she didn’t get to save Luffy.

“Well then. Are we going to fight? Because honestly, I don’t think I can beat you.”

“So you’re giving up already?”

“If you were an enemy, I won’t.”

“You're saying I’m not the enemy?”

“Yes.”

“...”

Robin was silent for a moment then waved her hand.

Suddenly, a pair of hands appeared from behind Lucas, instantly binding his hands.

“I’ll let Crocodile decide your fate.”

Lucas shrugged and followed her.

“You don’t need to do this you know? I’ll still end up going the same way. It’s kinda hard to ride a horse with my hands like this…”

“...”

Robin stared back at him with half closed eyes and sighed, finally deciding to remove her powers.

Lucas rubbed his hands after being freed and smiled at Robin.

“Your powers...there’s a lot more to it that you imagine.”

Robin was still emotionless but in her mind, she can’t help but wonder what’s wrong with this guy.

For a while now, he has been treating her like a friend who’s simply playing as the enemy.

It was a weird feeling for her but at the same time didn’t feel repulsed by it.

In the distance, Lucas heard explosions here and there.

The fight has started but Lucas wasn’t worried. He knew the power of the Strawhat pirates. They will definitely win.

Robin also didn’t mind the explosions as they walked calmly to the palace where Crocodile, Vivi, Chaka and King Cobra are.

“Robin, you’re finally here. And I see you brought someone with you.”

“Lucas!?”

Vivi turned to see Lucas behind Robin and can’t help but worry.

Lucas just smiled at her as if everything’s okay.

“Vivi, we meet again.”

“Lucas, why are you…?”

“Hmph! So this is that Lucas guy that disrupted my plans from the start!?”

Crocodile heard his name and immediately rushed towards him as his lower half dissolved into sands.

Seeing this, Vivi thought to herself how stupid she was to say his name. Now Crocodile knows! Lucas will definitely be in trouble!

“Lucas! Run!”

However, Lucas didn’t move and let Crocodile clutch his neck as he looked directly into his eyes.

Crocodile smiled and chuckled.

“Heheh, that look in your eyes are annoying. Why don’t I get rid of it?”

His right hook moved closer to Lucas’ eyes in an attempt to scare him but Lucas was still calm.

“Crocodile, I wouldn't do that if I were you.”

“...Robin? What’s the meaning of this?”

Crocodile frowned as he saw Robin stop him then noticed how Lucas came without any injuries or binds.

Robin was still calm as ever as she answered.

“He knows about the Pluto.”

This time, Crocodile and King Cobra’s eyes went wide.

Lucas gave a wry smile when he heard Robin speak about it.

“Give me a break Robin, I only know what it is but not where it is.”

“Ara, is that so?”

Lucas rolled his eyes when he saw Robin’s teasing look.

“The Pluto...I’ve heard that using it once would be enough to make a whole island disappear. With a name of a God, it’s the most evil ancient weapon. That thing should sleep somewhere within this country.”

Crocodile smiled as he glared at King Cobra who was nailed to the wall.

“My original purpose was to own it. As long as I got it, I can build the strongest military country here!”

“A weapon? That kind of thing...in this country!?”

“Is it something that is passed along the crown?”

Both Vivi and Chaka were visibly shocked at this revelation.

King Cobra gritted his teeth.

“The World Government will not allow that to happen!”

“Therefore, I need a bigger military force.”

“I don’t know where you heard that name, I don’t know where that thing is, and I don’t know if it even exists or not.”

King Cobra said as he stubbornly refused to give out any information.

Crocodile didn’t mind it though, he has another way of letting King Cobra speak.

“Hm...that’s right. Of course I know the value of it is dubious, but the force gathered in front of the palace ground this afternoon, at 4:00, 30 minutes from now, a very powerful cannon will aim here.”

“!!!”

“You!”

King Cobra and the rest glared at Crocodile with utmost hate!

“It has been special made, allowing nothing in 5 kilometers to grow anymore. So from here, the scenery might change a little you see…”

“30 minutes from now!? 5 kilometers!? If you do this…!”

Vivi’s face paled as she thought of what would happen.

“Isn’t it great? With one blow, both the rebel group and you all will die a painless death.”

“How can you do this kind of things!? What wrong have they done to you!?”

Vivi shouted at Crocodile but he ignored her cries.

“Boring.”

While they had this farce, Robin took a sidelong glance at Lucas who knew about this already.

Lucas saw her look and brought his index finger closer to his lips in a shushing gesture.

“Alright...Mr. Cobra. Back to the problem before. Where is the thing that has the ‘True History’ written down?”

“!?”

Cobra was surprised that he even knew this.

He thought for a while then spoke.

“If I take you there...“

“Hm?”

King Cobra was silent for a moment then sighed.

“Father…”

“Alright. I will take you there.”

“Hahaha! Indeed its King Cobra! He knows his job!”

Crocodile laughed but at the side, Chaka can no longer hold it in as his hands reached for his weapon.

“Princess Vivi...I cannot bare it any longer!”

However, before he could start, more people arrived at the scene.

“Please wait! General Chaka!”

“...Who is it this time?”

Crocodile frowned hearing all the noise.

“You guys…!”

“The Duck Claw Squad!”

Robin was silent as a wound started to appear on her hands. It seems that they had passed through the barricade she had made with her hands at the gate.

Though it seems that hope had arrived, King Cobra did not believe so as he believes they cannot beat Crocodile.

“Please stay away! Do not make him angry!”

“You're Majesty, protecting you with our lives...that’s our job. How could you tell us to stop?”

“You're Majesty.”

“We must protect you!”

“Release the King now!”

“To fight against one of the Shichibukai…”

“We shall show no fear.”

Crocodile only snorted as he heard this farce.

“You guys have good spirit, so I’m letting you go. Hurry up and get lost!”

“How could we? We can only go forward for one reason.”

“Reason?”

Suddenly, strange marks started to appear on their arms as their muscles started to bulge and grow!

Chacka paled as he saw those marks!

“Your arms! Could you guys have…!?

“Chaka! What’s wrong with them!?”

Vivi asked as she saw the changes in their state as well.

“In order to gain temporary strength, they drank the water which reduces life! Heroes’ water...we can’t save them now. They only have a few minutes left!”

Vivi’s face paled even more as she heard this.

“WHY!?”

“Hahaha! I knew it! In order to fight me, you don’t need your lives!”

Even then, Crocodile just laughed it off.

Lucas also sighed. He knew this was going to happen but he truly don’t know where this Heroes’ water is to begin with nor did he know when they took it.

But he can take this situation as his advantage!

Just as the 4 from the Duck Claw Squad charged, Lucas also charged along with them with a dagger in his hands!

“! Lucas!?”

“Hahaha! So now you’re also attacking!?”

Lucas gritted his teeth and stabbed towards Crocodile just before he could turn to sand!

“Hmph! What fools…!?”

Crocodile’s face changed as he saw the Dagger actually stabbed into his body!

“How!?”

He shouted but saw that the 4 from the Duck Claw Squad also nearing him, he immediately tried to retreat!

Still, one of the blade had hit him at that time and he was injured again!”

As he retreated, his eyes glared at Lucas who held the dagger.

Lucas grinned and took out his water container and poured it at his blade.

“! Could it be…!?”

“Heh. Crocodile. The only reason your cocky is because you know that in this half of the sea, there will be no one who can touch you! Well, you’re wrong!”

Crocodile’s expression fell as he knew what Lucas meant.

But despite this, he was only injured for a bit. It wasn’t enough to kill him.

Seeing as they managed to at least injure Crocodile, the 4 Duck Claw Squad smiled as they collapsed because of the effect of Heroes’ water.

Crocodile laughed at the sight of them with ridicule.

“What stupidity.”

“You damn bastard!”

Chaka saw his men being ridiculed despite being dead and really unable to hold it in anymore as he charged towards Crocodile!

His body transformed with the power of the Inu Inu no Mi. Model: Wild Wolf!

“Chaka!”

Lucas thought that if he had at least injured Crocodile, Chaka would see sense and not charge in like in the original story but it seems that some things can never change.

“Hey! Use the water!”

However, Chaka did not pay attention to anything they said and simple charged in!

“Heh, like an animal.”

“Wolf Fangs!”

Crocodile sneered at him as his body dissolved into sand once more as he was struck.

The result was as everyone expected. With Chaka lying on the ground covered in blood and Crocodile standing over him.

After half-killing Chaka, he set his eyes on Lucas who injured him just now.

“You’re next.”

This time, he didn’t let Lucas have enough time to attack him as he immediately dissolved into sand and rushed towards him!

His right claw swung and stabbed at his chest!

“Gh-!?”

“Not so tough without your water huh?”

He wasn’t over. With his powers, he actually still drained Lucas, revealing a shriveled dried up corpse!

“Lucas!”

Vivi cried as she saw Lucas drying up like a mummy.

*Thud*

His body collapsed to the ground beneath Crocodile’s feet.

Crocodile glared at the body.

“Being weak...is a sin!”


The end.....just kidding. :P

 

AN: 3rd chapter, it seems like there are some who like this so I will continue for now. I'll see if I can post again tomorrow.

See you in the next chap!

241