Chapter 14: Skypiea
9.8k 14 191
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14: Skypiea

“...Is he gone?”

“Tsk...this is so frustrating…”

“It’s like my body won’t move as I command!”

Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro gasped for breath after being knocked out like that so easily.

It was the first time they all felt so...weak!

Lucas sighed and explained.

“The pressure in this place is not something we’re used to...and the air is thinner here as well.”

Hearing their conversation, the knight asked.

“Ah, to be saying those words...are you citizens of the Blue Seas?”

“Blue Seas? What’s that? By the way, who are you?”

Nami asked as well.

“I would be the Knight of the Sky. All living beings under the cloud are citizens of the Blue Seas. In other words, did you come up from the Blue Seas?”

“Um...yes.”

“It can’t be helped then. This place is 7000 meters above the Blue Seas, called the White Sea. Above this place is the White-White Sea, 10 000 meters. Average citizens of the Blue Seas won’t be able to stand it.”

Or so the knight explained but Luffy and Zoro weren’t convinced.

“Okay, I’m slowly getting used to it already.”

“Yup, it feels much better now.”

“...”

Even Lucas sweated a bit. These guys are too much of a freak!

Afterward, the knight continued to explain the situation in this place and handed a whistle to Luffy.

“Each whistle will cost you 50 million Extols. Just blow from it and I will save you.”

“...Extols?”

“I think that should be the currency in the Sky Island.”

Lucas explained to Luffy

The knight seemed to have realized something and was shocked!

“No way...you guys didn’t come here through the top of High Waist? Then you must have been to one or two islands right?”

“???”

Though the others were confused as to what the knight was saying, Nami was quite sharp and noticed.

“Wait! There are other ways to get to this Sky Ocean!? Also...you said one or two islands...isn’t there only one Sky Island!?”

“...Don’t tell me you guys actually came using that monstrous stream!? I never thought there would still be people this brave…”

“...So it wasn’t...the normal way to get here…”

Nami was teary-eyed! All that trouble and there was actually a proper way to get to the Sky Island!

Luffy didn’t mind it that much though.

“We’re here anyway right?”

“We almost died! If we patiently collected more information, we could have used a safer method!”

Nami strangled Luffy! Thankfully, he was made of rubber, otherwise, the Strawhat pirates would need to have a new captain...

The knight smiled and showed his index finger.

“One whistle. Blow the whistle once, and I will come down from the sky to save you! Usually, I would charge with 50 million extols but I’ll give you guys the 1st one for free.”

He stood up and prepared to leave.

“Use the whistle to call me at any time!”

“Wait! We don’t even know your name!”

The knight smiled and introduced himself.

“My name is Gan Fall, the Knight of the Sky! And this is my partner, Pierre!”

A strange dotted bird appeared by his side and began to transform.

“I forgot to introduce my partner Pierre...even though he’s a bird, he has the power of the Horse Fruit! Which means...”

“No way! It’s a pegasus!?”

“That’s right!”

Gan Fall stuck a pose with Pierre who had now turned into a winged horse...only, it didn’t look quite right!

What was supposed to be a cool looking pegasus now looks like a joke...the spots even stuck to it making it looked extremely weird.

Lucas thought it was still funny so he snapped a picture before Gan Fall flew away.

“Wings huh…”

Without any reason, Lucas just thought how cool it would be if he has wings...of course, not with spots…

“...In the end, he didn’t tell us anything useful huh?”

“Yeah…”

“Then how do we get higher?”

“Okay, let’s call mister and ask him.”

Luffy nodded and was about to blow on the whistle but his cheeks were pulled down by Usopp and Nami.

“Wait! Luffy! This is for emergency!”

“If that weird mask guy comes again, what will we do without the whistle!?”

...It seems that these two had already lost faith in Luffy and the others’ strength…

Lucas sighed and noticed something in the distance.

“For starters...why don’t we go to that cloud that looks like a waterfall?”

And so, the crew moved in that direction. However, they were soon blocked by a huge piece of cloud.

“It’s floating on the Sky Ocean so it’s probably another kind of Sky Ocean.”

“Then what kind of cloud?”

“If it’s normal cloud...we can just sail through it?”

“We’ll know if we touch it right?”

Luffy laughed and stretched his arm all the way over to the piece of cloud.

“Wah! It bounced off!”

“...”

In a few seconds, Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper were already playing on top of the cloud as they bounced on and off!

Nami was about to scold them again when Lucas patted her shoulder.

“It’s fine. Let them play for a while.”

“...Fine. But while you're at it, find us a path!”

“Roger!”

Usopp shouted in acknowledgment and went off to play.

Lucas was itching to go play as well but saw Nami glaring at him already so he can only sigh and man the wheel…

After a while, the ship finally managed to go past the huge clouds and arrived at the end of the waterfall-like cloud.

When they reached it, they saw a huge gate with a sign on top.

[Heaven’s Gate]

“...Bad omen. It’s like we’re going to die…”

Usopp started shaking while sweating bullets!

Zoro laughed at him and said.

“Yeah, it’s totally unexpected. Maybe we’re actually dead already?”

“Really? If that's so, then this strange world can be explained…”

Hearing Sanji, Chopper was badly frightened!

“We’re already dead!?”

“Heaven! Hahaha! So funny! We can finally get there through here!”

Luffy laughed like there’s no tomorrow…

As for Lucas, he naturally took a selfie first before anything else…

If he can still post on social media, it would be even better…

A pity that this is another world and he can’t connect to the internet.

Lucas looked at his phone and smiled when he remembered what his father said when he gave this smartphone to him in the past.

“Son, this phone is extremely special! I even asked Tony Stark to make it!”

“Haha, sure dad. Whatever you say.”

Lucas didn’t think much of it back then and simply thought that his father made up a story. Though the smartphone is indeed high-tech with how it can seemingly charge itself somehow, Lucas always thought that his father had been sneakily charging it when he sleeps or something.

But now...being in this world and this phone still at full bars...Lucas wondered just who his father was…

“It can’t be that this...is really made by Iron Man...right?”

Lucas shook his head and smiled.

Nah, being in One Piece world is already surreal enough...the Marvel world...should be just comics...

Just as he was contemplating on such things,  he remembered something and headed inside the cabin.

Right after Lucas went inside, someone appeared from the sides of the gate.

“Are you here for sightseeing? Or...here to fight?”

An old woman with wings asked as she held up a camera and took pictures of the whole crew.

“Actually, it doesn’t matter why you’re here. If you want to go up, each person must pay 1 billion extol entrance fee. That’s the law.”

Seeing a person with wings for the first time, Luffy was shocked!

“Angel! So that’s how angels look like...she looks like dried sour fruit candy!”

“1 billion extol...how much is that when converted to Beli?”

“Uh...if we don’t...have money…”

“You can still go up.”

“Really!?”

Usopp was confused.

If they can still go up without paying...then why bother paying!?

“If you don’t want to go up...it’s okay too. I’m not a guard or a soldier. I just want to know your...intentions.”

“Then we will go. We want to go to Sky Island! Even though we don’t have money, we will go granny!”

“Really? Seven people right?”

“? No, we have ei-”

Nami quickly shut Luffy’s mouth just as he was about to honestly answer.

Luffy looked at Nami in confusion but Nami ignored him.

Wanting to change the topic immediately before the old angel noticed anything, Nami asked.

“Um...how do we get up?”

Just as she asked this, a pair of pincer hands suddenly appeared from both sides of the ship!

“What!? Something appeared!”

“That’s White Sea’s special Speedy Shrimp...he will lead you up.”

Inside the cabin, Lucas felt the whole ship suddenly gain momentum and speed up!

A cold sweat fell along his forehead!

We’re on the move!? Don’t tell me...they didn’t pay!?

Lucas remembered that 10 000 extol is equal to 1 beli. The entrance fee is 1 billion extol per person...which is about 100 000 beli. For the 8 of them, it would be 800 000 beli!

The money he got from Blackbeard’s crew is enough for it and they would still have a lot leftover... Though Nami will probably hate him if he really did hand over 800 000 beli, it would be worth it to enjoy the Sky Island without getting into any trouble so they can just relax...

Well, seems he’s too late anyway...the Strawhats...have once again illegally entered Sky Island...

Lucas sighed.

Anyway, what’s done is done…

He headed out and was just in time to see the entrance.

There was a sign at the end.

[Godland: Skypiea]!

“There’s an island!”

“It’s Sky Island! Yeaaahhh!!!”

The crew was so excited that they jumped to the shore as soon as they’re near!

Zoro was the only one cool-headed and went to grab the anchor.

“Hey! What about the anchor!? There is probably no bottom in this sea right!?”

“That kind of thing doesn’t matter! Hurry! Look! This beach is so soft!”

“Doesn’t matter...you…”

Zoro was speechless!

Dropping anchor is one of the necessities when near an island yet Luffy just brushed it off!

He shook his head helplessly and smiled.

“Anyway, this scenery is really amazing...it’s like in a dream.”

Lucas grinned as well.

“Haha! It’s the kind that makes you feel so excited in the heart!”

“Choh!”

Hearing the strange bird noise, Lucas turned to see Nami letting the South bird go.

“Geez...forgot to let him go earlier.”

However, Lucas wasn’t really minding the bird but Nami’s outfit.

Sure enough...Nami is really quite bold and sexy!

Though she’s wearing shorts, her top is only a bikini bra with a camouflage design!

Robin also looks nice wearing a tank top with wavy designs!

Hm, the scenery here is indeed...amazing!

Nami noticed Lucas’ look and grinned.

“Come on! Let’s join Luffy and the others!”

“Ah? Hey, wait!”

Nami didn’t wait for Lucas and pushed him off the ship!

It was fine since the cloud beneath was so soft but did she really have to push me off!?

Lucas can only smile and catch Nami when she jumped next.

Meanwhile, Luffy was having a hard time holding it in anymore!

“Haaaaaa!!! What’s this!? This place is filled with the scent of adventure!!!”

Soon, everyone began to play and fool around.

Lucas also took a lot of pictures as memories. After all, who knows how long will he be stuck in this world...he doesn’t know how he got here, so it could also be that he would suddenly just appear back in his room…

If that really happens…

“What are you thinking about?”

Lucas suddenly felt a different kind of softness from behind him.

“Nami...it’s nothing. Just thinking of some things.”

Lucas cleared his throat and stood up.

“Ahem, right. I’m thinking of exploring the island a bit. Tell the others I’ll be away for a while. I’ll see you guys later.”

“Ah? But…”

“I’m just walking around. Don’t worry. If I encounter any danger, I’ll escape.”

Nami pouted.

“Hmph, fine. Go away then!”

“...”

Lucas smiled helplessly and patted her head silently before walking away.

Nami watched his back for a while before turning away.

“Stupid…such a nice island...can’t we just relax together...”

The next scene was where Luffy and the rest met up with Conis, a kind-hearted citizen of Skypiea, and would start to cause trouble...but Lucas didn’t mind them.

Though Enel is not a threat to Luffy, he is still quite an annoying enemy. Lucas wants to see if he can defeat him earlier than scheduled. That way, Luffy and the others can enjoy their time in the Sky Island more and relax.

For the sake of relaxing more with Nami and Robin, Enel must be defeated!

Err, no. I mean, for the sake of peace in Skypiea, Enel must be defeated!

And so, Lucas went to the one forbidden place in Skypiea...the Holy Land, Upper Yard!

Currently, in front of him were 4 gates.

[Trial of Swamp]

[Trial of Iron]

[Trial of String]

[Trial of Orb]

Lucas didn’t really have a boat but simply ran while controlling the clouds beneath him to make him reach here fast.

It took him a while but Lucas learned that he can also manipulate the clouds by using the water properties that partially formed it.

He looked at the 4 gates and thought for a while.

In the original story, Luffy and the rest went to the Trial of Orb first…

Lucas shrugged.

“Guess I’ll go with that then…”

Feeling that it was pointless to pick any, Lucas decided to follow the story and went in the Trial of Orb first.

Soon, he landed in a field filled with strange floating white balls in the air…

Since those orbs are made of clouds...there was no issue for Lucas who can control them at will.

“Huhuhuhuh! Welcome to my Trial of Orb. Huhuhuhuh!”

As Lucas was passing through, a weird fat guy that’s shaped exactly like a ball appeared.

This must be...Skypiea’s Priest. Satori of the Forest!

“Huhuhuh. Are you perhaps lost? This land is forbidden to enter!”

“I’m not lost. I came here to meet Enel.”

“Huhuhuh. You want to meet God? Have you come to die? Huhuhuhuh!”

“No. I came here to kick his ass!”

Satori stopped laughing.

“If so, then I must kill you here!”

Satori charged over and brought his palm forward!

He grinned as he saw Lucas still standing with his palm nearing his face!

Lucas knows there is an impact dial hidden in his palm which can inflict damage to normal devil fruit users, but he wasn’t a normal devil fruit user!

Not to mention...he also knows Observation Haki!

Lucas tilted his head to the side and sent a punch over at the same time.

Satori’s eyes widened in surprise as he quickly retreated to dodge Lucas’ attack.

“...You know mantra!?”

“Mantra...is that what you call it here? Well, I guess you can say so.”

Lucas grinned and beckoned Satori with his fingers.

This would be the perfect opportunity to further hone his Haki, Lucas didn’t want to end it too quickly!

“Come.”

I apologize for the delay of the chapter, I know you guys want daily updates if possible but...it is hard for me to write when I have so little free time myself. My boss found out that I have been writing novels instead of working so...he gave me a whole lot of work to busy myself -_- And I am too tired after I go home so there isn't time for me to write on weekdays.

Anyway, as I mentioned, the phone thing has been briefly...foreshadowed in this chapter. I know what you will all be worried now that I went and introduced another fiction world in the story but don't worry, this is the only thing/mention of another fiction world in this novel. From here on, it would still be pure One Piece related stuff. The whole phone being made by Tony Stark is a...let's say, a foreshadowing of Lucas' true...identity...which will only be explained at the end of the story.

I am planning on making something like an Ultimate series in the future about other worlds which may or may not be related to Lucas but...that's still something in the future. Right now, this Ultimate Fruit novel is standalone and can be read with or without knowledge of such series...

Next chap will be out by tomorrow or later...depends on how much I can write this weekend. See ya in the next chap!

-Imbreak

191