Chapter 16: God! God! God!
10.2k 18 194
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16: God! God! God!

Soon, Luffy and the others arrived at the scene.

When they all heard what happened, Luffy’s face was as grim as it can be.

A few distances away from them, there were wolves lurking about in their surroundings...waiting for an opportunity to attack.

Suddenly...an invisible wave of power surged from Luffy!

The wolves’ eyes rolled upwards...soon, they all fell unconscious and foams started to appear from their mouths!

If Lucas was still here...he would know that Luffy just used...the Emperor’s Haki!

A pity...that no one was watching at this time...not even Enel felt it...

Meanwhile, in the God’s Palace.

A man with long earlobes and a taiko drums attached to his back which formed a ring behind him was laughing as he ate a banana that was peeled by his servant.

This was none other than...God Enel!

“Yahahahaha! You should’ve seen the looks on their faces! That white-haired brat has defeated my 4 priests, and he thinks I’ll continue to let him be? Yahahahaha!”

“It is naturally divine retribution to those who go against God.”

One of Enel’s subordinates was quick to flatter him.

“Yahaha! Let’s see...we have 50 soldiers, including me, that’s 51 fighters. There are 20 Shandians coming here...and 7 citizens of the Blue Sea that’s currently in the forest.”

Enel counted.

“So the total is 78 fighters! Now, this will be a survival game. Yahahahaha! The question is, how many fighters will remain after 3 hours? Anyone want to guess?”

Enel looked at his subordinates and pointed someone with his foot.

“You, take a guess!”

“...Hmm, the militia is very strong so they won’t fall easily. Though the enemies are strong as well, their strongest fighter, the one who defeated the 4 priests, is already dead. The rest should be so-so...I will say about 50 will remain.”

“Yahahaha! You think so? That is an optimistic guess. You seem to underestimate the violence of the upcoming battle.”

“...Then how does God see this situation?”

Enel’s smile vanished as he made his declaration.

“I will tell you. After 3 hours, out of the 78 fighters I counted...Exactly 5 will still be standing.”

As Enel laughed in his throne looking down on everyone, a certain white-haired person opened his eyes after a while.

The moment Lucas opened his eyes, all he saw was the white clouds above him as he felt the wind from his back.

“I’m...alive?”

“Ah!? I’M FALLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!????”

Lucas blanked out for a moment before finally figuring out his situation!

Looking down, he can only see the endless sea beneath!

“Shit shit shit shit!!! Ahhhhhh!!!”

Even though he may think at the back of his mind that he will survive the fall, the intense pressure from falling made him feel mentally afraid!

Besides, even if he did survive the fall...who knows where he will end up!?

He has to get back! He needs to go back somehow to the Sky Island!

Lucas feared that if Luffy and the rest thought he was dead, that they would go directly to Enel! Luffy can probably beat him but...the others may not survive!

Since he defeated all the priests already, Enel might be angrier and would no longer play around. There would surely be many changes to the story and Lucas doesn’t know if it would be good or not!

Inwardly, Lucas regretted moving on his own...but there was no use thinking about it now!

“Arrrgghhh! Fly! Fly! Dammit!”

In his mind, Lucas thought that if he had wings or other powers that can let him fly, it would be better!

Lucas tried shooting high-pressure water beneath him to push him up but...the speed of his fall is too great and he can’t control the direction accurately!

Gritting his teeth, Lucas shut his eyes and braced for impact while still thinking of wanting to fly.

Suddenly...the momentum of his fall stopped…

Confused, Lucas opened his eyes.

“I’m...flying?”

Still confused, Lucas blinked for a while then looked behind him...there were actually a pair of huge white wings!

“W-what the-!? How!?”

Lucas is truly confused. Even more confused now!

He thought his fruit ability was to counter any situation that was bad for him...like when he was dried up from Crocodile’s sand powers, he gained the logia powers of water and the ability to heal…

And when he gets exhausted, there would be this warm current flowing through his body and he would feel fine…

As for why Enel’s lightning didn’t affect him...maybe it was because of his water logia...he can control the sea’s water to subdue devil fruit users, but his own body is made of pure water so electricity should just pass through it...

But this sudden ability to gain wings...doesn’t really fit the counter ability.

If it was a simple counter, then he should get the ability to control wind or something...not sprout wings!

The only reason Lucas can think of...is that he thought of having wings at that moment...so in the end, just what is his real ability?

Even though Lucas didn’t know the answer, he knew there was no time to be dwelling on such things!

Lucas looked up in the sky and looked a bit lost.

This is the Grand Line! There is no such thing as a sense of direction without a log pose!

“But...up should still be...up...right?”

Lucas gritted his teeth and flapped his wings, shooting him high up in the sky!

His big wings are different from the small wings of the Skypiea citizens and can actually be used to fly and support his body.

Somehow, he can also control it perfectly as if it has been a part of his body his whole life! It truly felt weird for him but Lucas shrugged the feeling off as he felt restless from worry.

“Luffy! Don’t do anything stupid!”

As Lucas arrived above the clouds, he looked around but saw no sign of the Sky Island!

Lucas began to panic!

“Dammit! Where is it!? Where’s the Sky Island!!!???”

Lucas flew around as he searched for the millennium cumulonimbus cloud.

However, after over an hour of searching, he was still unable to see a shadow of the Sky Island!

Lucas clenched his fist hard then released it.

He closed his eyes and breathe out.

Calm down...there’s no time to panic...I need to calm down!

Lucas calmed his breathing in a few breaths and opened his eyes.

He thought for a while then stretched his arms high up!

Gritting his teeth as he focused, after a while, the rain began to pour from the sky!

He closed his eyes again and this time, focused on using his Observation Haki and...integrate it to the raindrops!

The rain cloud continued to expand slowly...with each drop containing Lucas’ Haki!

Such an application of Haki is probably a first in this world. In fact, even Lucas didn’t think that it would work but at this stage, he was truly grasping at straws!

It was unknown if the water pouring from Lucas’ face was the rain or his own sweat as he tried his hardest to maintain his concentration and focus for hours!

Finally, just as he was about to collapse from the strain of expanding his powers too much...he felt it!

One drop...has reached the Sky Island!

Lucas’s eyes snapped open and his wings flapped in that direction at high speed!

Skypiea.

“What are you doing!? Arrest that girl!”

Conis was driving a bull themed waiver as she dodged the attacks from the White Berets, the police force of Skypiea.

“Fool! You can’t get away! Arrest the criminal!”

The captain shouted at Conis who was attempting to enter the island.

Just a while ago, a worker had escaped from Enel and risked his life to pass on a message to her and her father who happened to be in Upper Yard, waiting for the Strawhats.

The worker said that Enel was planning on destroying the whole of Sky Island! However, Enel was watching them...so he sent another pillar of lighting at the worker along with Conis and her father!

Thankfully, Conis’ father reacted quickly and pushed Conis away, thus saving her life!

She didn’t want her father and the worker’s sacrifice to be in vain...which brought to this situation where she is trying to enter Skypiea again despite being a fugitive.

She needs to warn the others!

“Please move aside!”

Conis shouted but it was too late! Her waiver had hit the captain of the White Berets on his face!

“Captain!”

“Wahh!”

Since the waiver is already out of her control, Conis jumped off but the waiver still hit the captain again!

“Captain!”

“It’s the criminal!”

“It’s that blasphemous woman!”

The citizens saw Conis and started to shout at her but Conis didn’t care.

“Please...everyone, listen to me!”

“Get out of here criminal!”

“Yeah! You'll only bring us roubles!”

“Go away!”

Conis gritted her teeth and endured the insults.

When suddenly, one of the White Berets charged at her with a knife in an attempt to attack her!

Conis moved quickly and pointed the bazooka on her back at him!

“Hold it right there!”

“!!!”

Seeing the bazooka pointed at him, the White Beret paused in fright!

“This is a bazooka. I will fire if you get any closer!”

Conis was no longer fooling around! If it meant for the citizens to listen to her...she doesn’t mind taking drastic measures!

The citizens also didn’t know that Conis had it in her to do such a thing and they all took a step back!

Conis saw that everyone was finally quiet.

“Everyone, please go to Cloud’s End! Escape to the Blue Sea!”

“...What trickery is this, little girl!?”

The captain of the White Berets finally stood up.

The citizens were also confused.

“...What is she saying?”

Conis continued.

“God Enel...is going to destroy this country! We will die if we stay here!”

“!?”

Everyone was badly alarmed! This was some serious accusation!

“Ah!? What nonsense!”

“What are you trying to do!? Go away!”

“God Enel will never do such a thing!”

Suddenly, one of the kids threw a rock at Conis!

At this moment, a shadow suddenly dove in from the sky and caught the rock before it hit Conis’ face!

The man stood in front of Conis as his huge wings expanded, seemingly shielding Conis from the citizens!

“W-who...are you!?”

“Me? It doesn’t matter who I am...but I think you should listen to what this lady has to say, else, forget Enel, I would personally destroy this country!”

Lucas crushed the rock with his hands as he glared at the others.

He was really pissed!

The citizens and White Berets froze under his gaze.

Conis didn’t know who the man in front of her is but she knew that he is at least on her side.

She tossed her bazooka away and quietly faced the people.

“It’s ok…”

“S-she threw her weapon! Arrest her!”

The captain shouted but Lucas glared at him and was about to attack him when he felt someone touch his arm.

Conis looked at him and shook her head.

When Lucas saw that, he sighed and simply sent a deadly glare at the captain instead.

Naturally, no one made a move on Conis anymore.

It was unknown if they were truly intimidated by Lucas or the fact that his huge wings made them confused.

There was no one in Sky Island with such huge wings!

Still, Conis took this chance to speak.

“Enel...is not the true God!”

“...What!?”

When everyone heard her, forget trying to listen anymore, they all tried to leave the place!

“What has she done!?”

“Quick! Get away from her! The judgment is coming!”

Everyone ran away, thinking that Enel would send a pillar of lightning to kill Conis! They didn’t want to be included!

Lucas was about to make a move to stop them from leaving but Conis stopped him again.

Seeing her determined expression, Lucas sighed and simply crossed his arms.

Conis closed her eyes and sat on the ground, waiting for everyone to come back.

Sure enough, after a few minutes and seeing that Conis was not punished, everyone was confused.

Actually, even Lucas wasn’t sure if Enel would extend his mantra here at this moment, so with his recent advancement in the Observation Haki, he made some sort of shield around them to prevent from other’s own Haki.

...Lucas has no idea if it truly worked or not though, he just imagined an invisible dome around them made of his own Haki…

Ever since he integrated Observation Haki in the raindrops, he felt that there were numerous applications for this type of Haki and it seems to have a lot of subtypes but in the original manga, Observation Haki wasn’t fully explored.

Sure, there are people like Katakuri who can see a few seconds into the future with this power, but there aren’t too many applications showed other than that and sensing the surroundings.

Lucas feels it is worth it to have gained Observation Haki first so he can continue to explore its usages.

As Lucas contemplated on such things, everyone slowly revealed themselves again.

“...Huh? She didn’t get punished?”

“Why?”

“She said such a blasphemous thing!”

Conis finally opened her eyes.

“I will say this even if it means losing my life...but the last words of the survivor of the God’s militia are…’Skypiea will be destroyed!’...He and my father were then killed by Enel…”

“!!!”

Everyone was shaken at the sudden revelation!

The kid who threw a rock at Conis earlier was confused.

“? Wouldn't God help us?”

“...!!!”

His mother didn’t know what to say and could only tightly embrace her son!

Conis continued.

“There is no time. Everyone, please go to Cloud’s End!”

Despite her urgings, the citizens of Skypiea were still distressed! This was all too sudden for them!

“We’ve been in the sky all our lives...we don’t know how to survive in Blue Sea!”

“Are you saying you are going to sit here and die!?”

“But...maybe there will be a miracle! Maybe Skypiea won’t be destroyed!”

“Maybe God will change his mind!”

Everyone was thinking of countless excuses as they didn’t want to live in hardship in the Blue Sea!

Conis was pissed and shouted at them!

“If there is one thing I know for certain, it is that Enel is hopelessly powerful and cruel! A miracle will never happen! As of now, this country...does not have a God! This is not the time to be praying! If we survive, everything will be different! We must choose! Dead or Alive, our lives depend on this very question!”

Conis shouted with all her breath!

“Do we, or do we not...give up on this country and run!?”

Everyone fell silent.

Suddenly, Lucas moved his hand and patted Conis’ head.

Confused, she looked back at the mysterious man. She doesn’t know who he was but...when she looked at those huge wings that seemed to protect her from everything, she felt very safe.

Lucas smiled at her.

“I understand that you don’t have faith in Enel as your God...but that doesn’t mean a miracle wouldn't happen.”

“...What...do you mean?”

Lucas just grinned at her.

“Hehe, even if he is God, I can still think of at least one person on this island that can defeat him! There is no need to evacuate...I will protect everyone…!”

Lucas no longer mind them and flew high above the clouds!

If he remembers correctly, the thing that will potentially destroy the Sky Island was a huge thunder cloud formed by Enel with the help of his ship, the Maxim!

Thinking of this...if he can make a water shield around the city...it should be able to redirect the lightning currents away from the island!

Well, he knows that Luffy will eventually stop Enel anyway but...just a precaution.

Above the Sky Island, Lucas extended his hands and controlled the surrounding waters found in the clouds as he extracted them and formed...a huge dome that surrounded the whole island!

Conis and the others saw the water dome and were surprised!

“Is this...a miracle?”

“...He must be a God…! The true God...has come to save us!”

Who knows who started it, but soon, everyone was shouting “God! God! God!” so much that it reverberated throughout the island!

Enel naturally heard this as well with his mantra and his face went black as he saw the water dome above!

“Who...dares to challenge God!?”

Besides him, Zoro, Sanji, Robin, and Nami were all badly bruised! But...when they saw the water dome, they all broke into grins!

“Hehe...I knew that guy’s not able to die!”

“Heh, just who said that he will cut down God for killing him?”

“Shut up curly brows!”

“What did you say mosshead!?”

Despite them being bruised all over, Zoro and Sanji still tried to argue with each other!

At the side, Nami’s eyes revealed a tear as she smiled.

“This damn pervert…”

“Fufu...he is quite something, isn’t he?”

Robin chuckled and moved towards the unconscious Usopp, Chopper, and Gan Fall.

The Shandian warrior, Wyper, also looked curiously at the water dome above and to the Strawhat pirates who acted as if everything is fine now.

Still, he refocused his sights on Enel who was gritting his teeth in frustration.

At this moment, from the unconscious huge snake lying on the side, finally opened its mouth and revealed three figures.

A strange spotted bird, a little girl, and a familiar man with a straw hat.

“I’M FINALLY OUT!!!”

Supposed to post this in Saturday but I felt guilty for the cliffhang...so I am delaying my work while my boss is on leave...and sneak in this chapter :P

Well, some people had already guessed it right with the foreshadowing in the previous chapters...and here is Lucas' new ability! Wings! This is part of the reason why I also didn't give Lucas any nicknames yet in his bounty so...yeah.

The final battle is now different and I know I may be rushing the Skypiea arc too much, but I feel that some scenes were unneccesary to be told here in thos novel. If you need to know it, just read the manga or watch the anime haha.

With that...next update will be on Sat...see ya in the next chap!

194