Chapter 33: Monkey D. Garp!
9k 15 185
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 33: Monkey D. Garp!

Aboard Going Merry, everyone saw Mizuking suddenly become a puddle of water and understood.

This...wasn’t Lucas! No, to be more precise, this was indeed Lucas’ ability, only he wasn’t on board this whole time!

Only Nami knew that it was a water clone since she already met it before.

She sighed.

“Alright Luffy, there’s no need to worry about Lucas. He has his own plans...I’m sure he’ll return to us on his own in the future.”

Still, Luffy pouted while grumping.

“Hmph! I don’t care, I’ll find him and catch him!”

“...”

2 days have passed since the incident in Enies Lobby.

Lucas had already woken up a day ago just before they had arrived in Water 7.

After settling in and explaining to Iceberg, he’s now currently in his own room inside the Galley-la’s headquarters.

Lucci and the rest of the former CP9 didn’t come with him here as they felt conflicted after what they just did. As such, Lucas directed them to a certain place.

Lucas smiled when he remembered their conversation yesterday.

“I know you guys don’t fully trust me yet, but that’s fine. Go to Sabody Archipelago. There, you will see just what sort of ‘justice’ you guys have been defending this entire time. If you still feel the same despite seeing it...then leave my crew.”

The former CP9 members looked at each other in confusion before deciding to see what he meant.

“If you still feel like remaining in my crew...call me with this denden mushi. I’ll tell you what to do next.”

“...Let’s go.”

Lucci didn’t bother saying too many words and left.

Whether he will truly gain the former CP9 or not...is still unknown for now. Though, once they saw how the World Nobles acted, Lucas thinks there is a high chance.

Despite Lucci’s ‘Dark Justice’, it is still Justice. And the World Nobles are anything but Justice…

Lucas no longer thought about it and left it up to destiny. Anyway, he has done all that he can already, no use worrying about something he has no control of anymore.

At the moment, Luffy and the rest are also staying in the same building, but Lucas hasn’t appeared before them at all.

Currently, only Nami knew that he was here as he asked Iceberg to tell her.

Lucas didn’t feel like keeping her in the dark too much considering their current relationship.

Nami also understood that he won’t show himself in front of Luffy due to the circumstances. Still, she was grateful that he had told her. At least, she can still accompany him at night…

Just like this, 3 more days had passed.

Lucas has been self-training in Haki and Rokushiki during the day, and cuddling with Nami at night sometimes.

About Haki, he asked Lucci how he trained with the Armament Haki and was told that he needed a good foundation before he can learn it.

Lucas is aware that his strength is really below average as he has only been relying on his abilities. In terms of strength, he should be just a bit above Usopp at this point…

It can’t be helped. Even before he crossed worlds, he was never an athletic person and would not bother with exercising...So aside from training haki, he would start the day with some stretches and exercise.

As for the Rokushiki, he also asked them to give him a manual about its training. Since Lucci and the others are no longer part of the world government or marines, there was no need for them to keep it a secret.

Lucas didn’t really need to train in everything, but there are some techniques that are quite useful.

Right now, Lucas focused on learning Soru, Tekkai, Rankyaku, and Shigan.

Though he doesn’t really need Tekkai and Shigan too much, Lucas figured that it would be best to learn it as it is quite close to Armament Haki.

Lucas also handed a copy of the manual to Nami and told her to ask the others to learn as much as they can. If Luffy asked where she got it, she can just simply say that she stole it from the marines.

He also made sure to have her tell Zoro and Sanji which techniques they can focus on.

Sanji will learn Geppo in the future, but there’s no harm in having him learn it earlier. Soru and Rankyaku are also quite useful to him who uses leg attacks.

Zoro should also learn Soru and Tekkai. If possible, Geppo and Rankyaku as well as it would further heighten his range of attacks.

As for the others...well, it would be good if they can learn any techniques as well since it will still be useful. Especially the devil fruit users. If they can learn Geppo, then it would definitely be good.

While thinking about the events that happened in the past few days, Lucas heard a knock on the door.

“Can I come in?”

The voice belonged to Iceberg, the current mayor of Water 7.

“Sure.”

Upon Lucas’ confirmation, Iceberg entered and reported.

“The marines have called, they will arrive by noon tomorrow.”

“...I see. Thank you.”

Iceberg bowed slightly and was about to leave when Lucas called out.

“Ah, by the way.”

“Hm?”

“You wanted to make this island float, correct?”

Iceberg was surprised!

“How did you know? Certainly, I’ve begun drawing the blueprints but...I’ve only told Franky…”

“Well, it’s alright. I hope you achieve it. Good luck.”

“...Thank you.”

“Oh, also...can you pass a message to Nami?...Tell her I’ll be leaving tomorrow.”

Lucas wanted her to know as well as he wasn’t sure if she will be visiting tonight. It wasn’t like she would visit every night as Lucas isn’t really telling her to do so to give her some space.

Iceberg nodded and left the room.

Lucas looked out the window and saw a huge unfinished ship in the distance. This should be Luffy’s new ship…

It seems that with the golden pillar they got in the sky island, and everything else, they were able to buy more materials which made the new ship even bigger than in the original story.

It seems they even got a bigger piece of Adam Wood.

Too bad I won’t be able to see Brook yet.

Lucas chuckled and no longer dallied. He went back to training.

That night, Lucas heard the door open without a knock. He knew that Nami had arrived.

However...why is Robin also here?

Lucas didn’t actually tell Nami to keep it a secret that he was here, he trusted that Nami knew what to do.

Still...for her to tell Robin...is there a reason?

A strange idea formed in Lucas’ mind which he quickly shook away.

No way...that can’t be happening...right?

Lucas coughed in an attempt to lighten the mood and asked.

“Robin, how have you been? Sorry I didn’t stop the Buster Call, but it was the only way for me to help without anyone noticing too much.”

Robin smiled.

“It’s okay...in a way, it helped me clear the trauma I had in the past. I know...that you made sure no one would die in the process.”

“Haha, I actually hoped that Spandam would die there. He was the only one I didn’t protect. But that guy seems to have the devil’s luck. He actually still survived it!”

Lucas shook his head. In the future, he swore to really find time to kill that guy.

Robin chuckled.

“Fufu, that’s alright. Maybe I’ll see him again one day and break his neck personally.”

“...”

The way Robin smile and speak about snapping a neck is really…

Even Nami can only laugh dryly, thinking that she was just joking…

“Well, since you’re here, I take it that Nami told you I’ll be leaving tomorrow?”

“Yes.”

“Un...if you are here to stop m-!?”

Lucas was just about to convince Robin that he won’t change his mind when suddenly, he felt her lips touch his!

Surprised, Lucas quickly pulled out and stared at her then Nami.

“...Umm…”

He didn’t know what to say!

From Nami’s reaction, it seems that she already knew that Robin planned to do that!

Nami sighed and explained.

“Before, we made a bet to see who you will end up falling for. The time limit was until we reached 4 islands...this was back when we just left Alabasta.”

“...”

What the hell!?

Wait, don’t tell me that Nami...only did it with me because of the bet!?

...No, even Nami shouldn’t be that shallow…

“Just so you know, I didn’t do that with you because of the bet! This is my true feelings!”

Nami flustered when she saw Lucas looked at her weirdly and tried to explain herself.

Lucas sighed in relief when she confirmed it herself.

“Un, I know...thank you.”

“A-anyway! Robin was cheating! She didn’t really plan on doing anything at all! In fact, she was even planning on leaving by then! So this bet is invalid!”

“...Then this situation is…?”

Nami hesitated and looked towards Robin.

Robin smiled and continued the explanation.

“We talked about it. I have already fallen for you as well. I don’t mind sharing with Nami.”

S-s-s-sh-sharing!?

Lucas’ mind seemed to have crashed!

He did not think...that someone like him could possibly have a harem!

“H-hold on a second...since when did you fall for me? Is it because of what happened in Enies Lobby? If it is, you shouldn’t decide too quickly...maybe it’s just admiration that you are feeling and not love...I don’t want you to make any decisions you may regret in the future. I don’t want to hurt you…”

Lucas admits that he indeed likes Robin as well but...having multiple relationships, despite being his dream as well, he knows that it is quite hard and often times, someone would only end up hurt in such a relationship.

He didn’t want Robin to make any mistakes and end up hurting…

Robin smiled.

“When was it?...I think it already started back in Alabasta...that time, it was simply an interest in you, the man from another world...then you continued to surprise me even more in the sky island...you’re right, maybe this isn’t love, maybe it is...but I’m willing to take the risk...if you'll let me.”

“...I…”

“Lucas...do you like Robin?”

This time, Nami asked.

Lucas looked at her and hesitated.

On one hand, he feels that Nami would be hurt if he said yes. On the other hand, he also feels that Nami will be hurt if he lied to her…

...Eventually, Lucas gritted his teeth and spoke the truth.

“...I do...I like her.”

“...I see.”

Still, Nami continued to smile. It seems her smile is even brighter now.

“Well then, what are you waiting for?”

“...Nami, even if I like Robin, I...don’t want to lose you too.”

Lucas was prepared that if Nami says so, he will not do anything to Robin and will be with Nami instead...even if it meant hurting Robin.

No matter what, Nami was his first woman. He didn’t want to wrong her.

“It’s alright. We already told you that we talked about this. I’m fine if it’s Robin...but let me be clear. During this time of you as a shichibukai, I better not hear any rumors of you and other women!”

“Y-yes ma’am!”

“Fufufu.”

Seeing the two act like that, Robin giggled and approached Lucas once more.

“Well then...shall we start?”

“...Start?”

*Gulp*

Lucas gulped a mouthful of saliva as he was afraid he would start drooling…

Still, he didn’t want to jump to conclusions so he asked.

Robin smiled and whispered three letters in his ear.

Naturally, everyone knows what those three letters were.

Instantly, Lucas went stiff. Seeing Lucas not moving, Robin made her move and started to remove his clothes.

The night passed.

Lucas woke up with Nami on his right and Robin on his left. They were both barely clothed under the sheets!

It seems they were still asleep...it can’t be helped. With the addition of Robin’s...abilities, the sensation for all three of them were on another level!

Lucas remembered last night and shook his head.

I need to stop thinking about this and start training…

*BOOM*

“Kya!? W-what is it now!?”

A loud explosion woke Nami and Robin up. Nami quickly looked around while clutching on the bedsheet to cover her body, thinking that someone had arrived.

Seeing at the room was still in tact, she sighed in relief and wore her clothes.

“What was that just now?”

“From the direction of the sound...it seems to be where Luffy and the others are staying at the moment.”

Robin answered while wearing her clothes as well.

Hearing that, Lucas smiled wryly.

...It seems that he’s the guy that Aokiji meant…

“Well, it seems that’s my cue…go back with Luffy and the rest. There’s no need to worry, they won’t be arresting anyone here.”

“...Un. Take care, Lucas.”

Nami and Robin gave him a peck on the lips before leaving and hurrying over to where the others were.

At this moment, an old man wearing a marine uniform and a dog head appeared before Luffy and the others from a broken wall.

“You...are the Strawhats crew, aren’t you? I brought someone I want Monkey D. Luffy to meet.”

“Marines!”

“Damn, I though no one is supposed to catch us while we’re at Water 7!?”

Sanji and the others prepared for action but Luffy was still fast asleep.

Seeing Luffy like that, the dog head old man was angered and gave him a punch to the head!

“WAKE UP! LUFFY!”

“Ow!? Ouuuuch!!!”

It seems the pain from his punch had caused Luffy to wake up. The others were confused though. Luffy was made of rubber, it shouldn’t be possible for him to get hurt!

“Ouch? What are you talking about? It’s a punch! It wouldn’t hurt your rubber!”

Just as Sanji was asking, the dog head old man laughed and removed the dog head on his head.

“There’s no way anyone can escape the fist of love! I heard you’ve been doing reckless things, Luffy!”

“Geh! G-grandpa!”

“WHAT!? GRANDPA!?”

Right...the person that had appeared was none other than Luffy’s grandfather! Monkey D. Garp!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!! AN EXTRA CHAPTER FOR THE NEW YEAR!!!

...It's 4AM now here by the time I post this and I'm sleepy...

So, Robin officially becomes a part of the harem. Some may not like the way I handled it, but I'm still satisfied about it myself so nothing you can do about it :P The official harem in this story won't be too much, probably at most 5-6? Maybe. But for the unrequited harem members, there may be a lot XD Unfortunately, Kalifa will fall in this category and Lucas won't develop any special feelings to her.

Now, I saw that a lot mentioned Garp in the previous chap...well, here is the answer...is it right though? Hehe, maybe he's just escorting the real one who will monitor Lucas?

The answer is...! See ya in the next chap!

Now...sleep...

 

185