Chapter 43: Strong World
7.8k 22 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

DISCORD LINK: https://discord.gg/nTGxMXW

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 43: Strong World

Back in East Blue.

Lucas had just finished his sales pitch to Kaya but didn’t get an immediate answer. After being told that she will think about it, Lucas left the island and delegated a few to stay for contact.

He wasn’t really in a hurry at the moment to take her in as dealing with Shiki is more important for now.

After thinking for a moment, Lucas decided to visit Shimotsuki Village, Zoro’s place.

Unlike the previous islands, the people weren’t too alarmed when he landed here so it was easy to explain everything to the village chief.

Afterward, he went to find the graveyard where Zoro’s childhood friend, Kuina, is buried.

Standing in front of the grave, Lucas sighed and remembered Tashigi.

Lucas was a bit tempted to dig up the grave and confirm if there is really someone buried there or if Tashigi is really Kuina who lost her memories or something.

Oh wait, I can just use Observation Haki…

He stretched his haki below him to check...there, he found skeletal remains.

...Guess she really is dead…

“It is not polite to look at the dead.”

Lucas looked behind and saw an aged man with a ponytail wearing a grey yukata and haori over it with a logo of two red swords on the chest.

“I apologize, Master Koushiro. I was merely curious since Zoro mentioned he saw a marine officer with a similar look as his childhood friend...I thought maybe…”

“Ah, you are one of Zoro’s friends, is it?”

Koushiro smiled, seemingly not minding what he did.

Lucas nodded.

“Yes. I received news that someone has been making trouble in East Blue so I dropped by to check. I’m also putting together a crew myself to help out Zoro and the others if ever needed. How about it, do you want to join my crew?”

Lucas crossed his fingers. If he can really rope in Koushiro, then that would be amazing!

Koushiro laughed and gently shook his head.

“If I were about 10 or so years younger, maybe I would’ve taken you up on that offer...alas, I am too old now to go adventuring with you young ones.”

“...Then, can you teach me Armament Haki?”

Hearing Lucas, Hina grunted at the side.

If you really want to learn, then just join us marines! Stop looking for other forces!

Koushiro smiled and looked to the horizon.

“A good swordsman can cut through anything if it wants to...and he can also not cut a piece of paper if he doesn’t want to.”

“...? If this is the ability to cut through iron, Zoro already mastered it.”

“Did he now?”

Koushiro looked back with the same smile.

Uhh...what does this have to do with Haki? Is he pulling a Yoda on me? In the end, can he teach me or not!?

“The power you call Haki basically works in the same concept...this is all I can tell you.”

“Can you not teach me?”

“Teaching you will require time...and I take it that you don’t have much, is it not?”

...Is there really no way? I know I’m pressed for time with Shiki and all...guess I’ll come back here after dealing with Shiki.

In the meantime, Lucas decided to ponder over what he said just now.

With a bow, Lucas bade his farewell.

“We will be going now. Also...I’m sorry for your loss.”

“It is fine...I have already made peace with it many years ago…”

Koushiro nodded and saw them off.

On the ship, Lucas gave the village one last look before setting off again.

Next stop, Dawn island, Luffy’s hometown. Foosha Village.

When Lucas stopped by the harbor, they saw another ship parked at the side.

“Doesn’t seem to be a pirate ship as there’s no skull flag...but I guess not all pirates raise them.”

Lucas remembered that Kreig would sometimes fool his enemies by raising a marine flag or something so he was still cautious when he saw an unknown ship here.

It doesn’t look like a normal fishing ship too and it seemed to be made to travel the Grand Line…

Lucas closed his eyes and covered the entire village with his Observation Haki to check on the situation.

“Hm!?”

“Lucas!?”

The next moment, Lucas’ wings opened and he flew straight into the village at top speed, surprising Hina who was standing next to him!

Lucas ignored her and flew to a familiar bar in the village.

When he opened the door, he saw a woman with dark green long hair wearing an apron behind the counter, smiling gently. This should be Makino.

But that’s not important, Lucas was looking at the guy sitting at the counter in confusion.

He had blonde hair and a burn scar over his left cheek, reaching his eye. There was also a top hat with goggles placed beside him on the counter and a pipe leaning on it.

Sabo!

Also surprised at my sudden intrusion, both Sabo and Makino looked at me in confusion.

“Ah, a customer? Please sit anywhere you like, I’ll be with you in a sec.”

This snapped Lucas out of it.

After clearing his throat, Lucas sat beside Sabo and asked.

“You are...Sabo, right? What are you doing in East Blue?”

“You know me?”

Sabo raised a brow as he didn’t seem to recognize Lucas. But after giving him a look for a few seconds, he thought of a man who fit his description.

“Ah, you must be the new Shichibukai. Guardian Wing Lucas, was it?...The traitor of the Strawhat Pirates?”

The moment he said the last line, Sabo frowned and glared at Lucas.

Seeing this expression, Lucas awkwardly scratched his cheeks.

“Err...does this means you got your memories back?”

“Hmph! You’re lucky Betty likes you, otherwise, I’ll beat you up myself!”

“Oh, are you also Luffy’s friend?”

Makino saw that the situation is a bit tense so she tried to calm them down.

Lucas smiled, not minding Sabo at all and looked at Makino. Suddenly, he remembered how Makino suddenly had a child after the two-year time skip in the original story.

People have been debating who the father of that child is. Some say it was Shanks who visited during the two years. Some even said it was Garp...or Ace…or even Buggy!

Lucas looked at Sabo weirdly.

...It can’t be Sabo right? Maybe after he remembered, he went to visit this place and did it with her?

...Un, it sounds totally plausible…

Then, Lucas thought of something.

Damn, it can’t be that my presence here will change that too? Maybe Makino will have a child earlier? Heck, maybe I’m gonna be the father!?

Mind. Blown.

Jokes aside, Lucas can never bring himself to do that to Makino. Makino is like a mother to Luffy. She is a holy existence!

Whoever does it to her, I will find him, and I will kill him!

Lucas shook his head to get rid of all the nonsense and took something out from his pocket. It was pictures of Luffy in their adventures.

“Hehe, Luffy’s mentioned you a lot so I figured I’d drop by when I heard that East Blue was in danger. Here, you can keep these too.”

“Ah! It’s Luffy!”

Makino chuckled when she saw the pictures and how happy Luffy looked. It seems he is enjoying being a pirate a lot.

Sabo also stretched his neck to take a look and laughed.

“Haha, I see he met Garp too. Look at his pathetic look! Hahaha!”

Right, Lucas sneaked a picture when Garp was giving Luffy his punches of love…

Then, Sabo remembered something and looked back at Lucas.

“You said East Blue is in danger?”

“You didn’t know yet? It seems a couple of islands are being attacked. Here.”

Lucas handed Sabo the newspaper to have a look.

Sabo started reading with a solemn look. Afterward, he gritted his teeth.

“Hmph! I just got here and started remembering my past...and someone dares to destroy my home!?”

“Well...calm down, will you? I understand how you feel. I already sent people to the other islands to check on the situation. Once one of them reports, I’ll go and deal with it...do you...want to come?”

“I’ll come even if you didn’t invite me!”

Sabo took his tophat and pipe as he stormed out...no idea where he’s heading though…

Lucas shook his head and sighed. Whether it’s Luffy or Sabo, they are a bit hard to deal with…

Makino saw Lucas’ exasperated expression and giggled.

“Fufu, they are quite a handful aren’t they?”

“Haha, I guess you would know as well…”

Lucas laughed and leaned on the counter. Now, all he can do is wait. It should be fine if he doesn’t visit Baratie for now as that is simply a ship and not an island. Shiki shouldn’t be attacking there.

For a moment, the place was quiet and it felt awkward.

As if to break the silence, Makino asked.

“Do you want to have a drink?”

“Ah...sure.”

After being poured a drink, the silence returned.

Lucas couldn’t hold back anymore as he was really curious so he asked.

“Say...are you seeing someone by any chance?”

“Eh!?”

Ah wait, that didn’t come out right.

Lucas was about to explain more when suddenly, his denden mushi rang.

“What is it?”

“Captain! It’s Shiki! He’s appeared in Foosha Village!”

“...Huh?”

He’s here?

Lucas quickly stepped out of the bar and saw a huge island above along with a few floating islands around it...

This is definitely Shiki.

Several figures appeared beside him. It was the former CP9 and Hina. Sabo also showed up.

Lucas made a call with the denden mushi again and contacted Kohza.

“Kohza, spread out the people and protect the villagers. Fukurou, Blueno, and Kumadori will stay here on the island in case anyone strong comes down. We’ll be heading towards that ship ourselves.”

“Understood. Good luck.”

Lucas opened his wings again and looked back at Makino.

“Stay in the bar and don’t come out.”

“U-un...um, be careful.”

Hina looked at Makino and stared at Lucas with half-closed eyes while Kalifa was biting on a handkerchief while glaring back at Makino…

“???”

Lucas had no time to care about them. He shot out water tentacles and grabbed them all as he flew up in the air towards the floating island.

On Shiki’s base, his crew naturally noticed Lucas and the others as well.

“Shiki-sama! There are people flying towards us!”

“Hah? Flying?”

Shiki frowned and looked at the monitor.

“Ah!? An Angel!?”

“It’s a person!”

Doctor Indigo, who looked like a clown, smacked him at the back of his head and retorted. But when he looked at the screen as well, he was dumbfounded.

“Ah! It really is an angel!?”

“Then why’d you hit me!?”

This time, Shiki hit Indigo on the head as well.

“...”

The crew guy just looked at them and didn’t bother to comment…

In just a few seconds, Lucas and the rest landed on the island. The moment they did, a huge green...giraffe with a twisted neck appeared.

“Ah, it’s Kaku!”

“I’m right here!”

Jabra pointed at the giraffe and laughed, making Kaku angry.

Seeing the weird giraffe attack them, Kaku snorted and transformed into a giraffe as well.

“Ahahaha! A giraffe battle! Ahahaha!”

Jabra laughed while rolling on the ground.

Kaku glared at the weird giraffe and attacked!

“There’s only one giraffe here! Kilimanjaro!”

“...”

Lucas ignored Kaku’s existential crisis and looked around.

Other than the weird giraffe, there are also plenty of weird animals around the forest surrounding them.

A huge caterpillar, a six-legged blue tiger with two tails, a black and white striped bear with long arms, a huge octopus…




Lucas frowned and feels like it’s a waste of time to bother with them.

But they should be perfect target practice for his new move.

“Kaku, step back.”

“Hm?”

Kaku frowned but still did as he was asked.

Once Kaku stepped down, Lucas walked and steam started to generate from his body.

“Burn!”

*Boom*

As if ignited by a flame, the steam coming out from his body exploded as everyone felt the hot air touch their skin.

The steam didn’t stop coming out from his body and even turned hotter by the second!

“Hot!”

“What is this!?”

Everyone quickly retreated even further as the heat became unbearable.

Once the heatness reached the highest he can do, his skin...started to boil!

“2nd Degree...Boilingman!”

Lucas’ appearance looked like that of an angry god! The next moment, he released his new move.

Everyone watched on with jaws on the ground, unable to comprehend what had just happened.

Around them, all the plants had died from the heat, and the weird animals...are also dead!

It only took a single moment…

When the steam finally subsided, everyone looked even more shocked to see the state Lucas was in.

“Whew, as expected, this move is really hard to do. I had to even burn the water in my body to make it that hot…”

Lucas shook his head when he saw his own appearance.

Much like how Luffy would temporarily shrink when using Gear Third, Lucas would instead become super thin as if dehydrated to the extreme!

“Well, I can just reabsorb the water in the atmosphere…”

It only took a moment for Lucas to gather the water in the air to condense back in his body, thereby restoring himself in his original form.

“...”

Everyone watching this had stupefied expressions…

“Well, what are you all standing around there for? Come on.”

Finally Strong World arc XD Also a tease of the new move which is still INCOMPLETE. Boilingman!

Sabo is also there with them now with his memories regained. With the reveal of Ace' fate in the previous chap, how will this turn out then?

See ya next chap!

166