Chapter 45: Fall!
7.5k 21 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

DISCORD LINK: https://discord.gg/nTGxMXW

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 45: Fall!

“...I can’t believe Hina listened to this idiot…”

“Why the hell do we need to dress up for this!?”

“Is this really needed?”

“...”

Hina, Jabra, and Sabo grunted while Lucci was quietly regretting his choice of following Lucas…

The others were also similarly questioning themselves why they still followed Lucas in this farce while the man in question himself only laughed.

“What? It was a cool entrance is it not?”

“...”

Not just his crew, even Shiki’s face started to twitch, seeing how easygoing Lucas is at the moment. Shiki felt humiliated and belittled by this.

His expression grew deadlier as he swung his sword leg.

“Zanpa!”

Lucci and the rest turned serious and they all swung their feet as well with a combined Rankyaku.

“Dai Rankyaku!”

One Rankyaku wasn’t enough to stop Shiki’s Zanpa before, but four was plenty able to push it back!

Rankyaku’s wind blades combined and struck Zanpa’s wind blade. With a loud clash, the two deflected one another as it redirected to the sides, hitting some of the pirate captains standing at the sides.

“I’ll handle Shiki, you guys deal with the rest.”

“...Understood.”

Lucci gritted his teeth but when he remembered how easily Shiki crushed him before, he can only nod.

It seems...there are really plenty of strong people out there…

Lucas smiled in his mind when he saw Lucci slowly becoming a docile cat.

He looked at Shiki with a cold smile and activated his Heatman mode with an explosive dash!

Shiki saw Lucas charging at him. His expression fell and he quickly flew back to escape. In order to better use his abilities, it was best to take this fight outside and to the air!

Lucas sneered when he saw Shiki flee. He knew what he was thinking.

However...the sky was also his domain!

His snow-white wings opened up behind him and flapped to give chase to Shiki.

Soru!

Lucas reappeared in front of Shiki in high speed and raised his hand. His hand turned to a water scythe which he swung down on Shiki.

“Sea Reaping!”

“Gh…!”

Shiki gritted his teeth and swung his hand. Suddenly, a huge boulder came in between the two of them and met Lucas’ attack instead.

The boulder was sliced in half.

Shiki controlled the now two pieces of the boulder and clapped his hands. The two boulders moved in concert and moved to flatten Lucas in between.

*Bam*

The two boulders stuck together once again but just as Shiki was about to get a moment of rest, a water spear came out from in between the two boulders and shot towards Shiki!

Shiki crossed his hands in an attempt to block the attack when the spear suddenly started to expand and form a figure.

Lucas!

Lucas turned back to his human form and stretched both of his hands as it turned to two small scythes which he swung at Shiki.

Shiki gritted his teeth and flew backward while controlling the boulder to hurl towards Lucas once more.

Lucas frowned at the boulder which has been annoying him for a while now.

His body turned redder and the temperature started to rise even further as his skin started to boil.

Burn! 2nd Degree - Boilingman!

Lucas stretched his hands towards the boulder and focused on the immense steam that he’s letting out.

He compressed the steam in his hand, pressurizing it more and more.

Speaking of which, he only thought about this move due to Kuma. He remembered how Luffy and the others might be facing him already and used the Ursa Shock on them. This move was similar to that.

Only, Lucas’ attack is far more concentrated.

“Steam Burst!”

*BOOM!!!*

From Lucas’ hand, a blinding pillar of light shot out and hit the huge boulder that Shiki has been using.

The boulder was engulfed in the bright light and as if it was swallowed whole, the boulder disappeared when the light dispersed.

Shiki’s face paled when he saw this happen.

Just what kind of monster is this!?

However, when Shiki looked back at Lucas, he found that Lucas had gotten skinnier and looked extremely weak.

This must be the drawback of using such a powerful move! Heh, how stupid is this guy? If he had such a move, he should’ve used this against me!

Chance!

Shiki was an experienced pirate. Rather than stay shocked and let such an opportunity vanish, he decisively charged at Lucas to spare him no time to recuperate.

At this moment, when Shiki was about to attack Lucas once more, he caught a glimpse of a smile on Lucas’ face.

Suddenly, he froze.

Not because he hesitated, but for some reason, there is smoke holding his body!

Wait...this isn’t smoke...steam!?

Lucas turned to him with a smile while absorbing water in the atmosphere once more to return to his normal state.

He stretched his arms forward and started to boil again as he gathered up the steam in his palm…

“Goodbye Shiki. The world won’t miss you.”

“BRAAAAAAAAAATTT!!!”

Steam...Burst!!!

Just as it did the boulder, Shiki was also...devoured by the bright light.

Lucas’ flesh disappeared again and he returned to his skinny look.

While in the air, he gasped for breath and slowly re-absorbed the water in the atmosphere.

“Haah...haah...ghh-!?”

Lucas clenched his chest as he felt a throbbing pain in his heart.

“Damn…”

It seems...performing that move 2 times in a row really takes a toll on his body…

Lucas can tell. Performing the Boilingman mode and the Steam Burst move...literally burns his life force as well.

It can’t be helped...all he can do is get even stronger so those kinds of limitations would disappear.

Stronger...and even stronger!

With Shiki dead, the floating islands...started to drop.

Lucas felt he was forgetting something until he remembered how Foosha Village is still below the floating islands!

“Shit!”

Lucas quickly flew below the islands and tried to push them away. However, the islands were not merely boulders. They couldn’t simply be pushed like that at all.

He started to panic.

It wasn’t just one island that Shiki had floating. Even if he can move one of them, he won’t make it in time for the others.

If that’s the case…

Lucas looked down and started to control the water surrounding the whole Dawn Island.

If I can’t move these dropping islands, I’ll just move Dawn Island away!

He gritted his teeth as he summoned the currents to start pushing the island away.

Everyone on the land felt the earth shook and move.

They all saw the islands dropping on them and realized that someone must be moving their island somehow.

When they looked up, they saw a man with huge wings and arms apart, as if protecting the whole island.

The image was burned in their minds.

And then…

The islands fell.

However, Dawn island had already been moved to the side.

The citizens don’t know what to do with the sudden new neighboring island beside them, but they were glad that they are safe.

Meanwhile, in the sky, Lucas started to pant heavily as he felt his vision started to blur.

He tried to shake it off but it was as if his body wouldn't listen to him. Eventually, he started falling himself.

*Thud*

With a loud thud, Lucas cashed back to Foosha Village and the villagers quickly ran towards him to help.

Makino also ran at him to check on his condition.

Seeing his pale face, they all carried him to the local clinic.

While the villagers tried to help Lucas, on the previously floating islands which had now fallen, Sabo, Hina, Lucci, and the rest of the former CP9 all grunted as they stood up and looked around.

A while ago, they were surprised when the islands started to fall. Only then did they realize that Lucas already defeated Shiki.

Sabo quickly ran to the end of the island to see what happened to his former hometown and saw that it was still safe.

“Phew…thank goodness…”

It seems he owes Lucas quite a bit…

Hina looked at the safe and sound Dawn Island and also sighed in relief. Next, she needed to report.

She looked over at Sabo who was lying on the ground, exhausted. She hesitated for a while before deciding not to report that the Revolutionary Army is here. Anyway, he did help this time with Shiki, Hina can turn a blind eye just this once…

After she finished her report, she checked in on the villagers to see if they were safe.

Turns out, at the moment the island fell, the villagers suddenly learned to fly with the feathers on their arms so they were all safe and sound.

At the same time, Lucci and the others also looked at Dawn Island and sighed.

“To move an entire island…”

“That guy’s a monster…”

“...Let’s go”

Just like that, they walked and went back to Lucas’ side.

Marineford, Fleet Admiral’s office.

Sengoku just heard Hina’s report and sighed in relief.

Finally, Shiki has been dealt with…

Sengoku can’t help but feel that it really was the right decision to enlist Lucas in the Shichibukai. Otherwise, the world nobles will start blaming him again if a royalty died…

After silently celebrating for a moment, he picked up his denden mushi and started making calls again.

First, send marines to capture the remaining pirates on the island.

Then, release the news to the world that Shiki has been dealt with. That should be able to boost the people’s confidence in them.

Time passed.

News of the incident started to circulate the world.

In a certain island, a large white-haired man with a white crescent beard sat on his chair with a few nurses attending to him and checking his condition. He laughed while holding onto a newspaper that dropped by earlier today.

“Gurararara! That lion finally met his end as well huh? I wonder when my time will come?”

“Pops! Don’t speak like that!”

“Yeah Pops! You're still gonna be the next Pirate King!”

His crew panicked when they saw their captain speak like that but he didn’t care.

“Gurarara! Everyone can only live so much. Enough of this, have you lot found Ace yet?”

“That...we still haven’t.”

“Hmmm…”

The man started to ponder. He can already feel the storm starting to brew…

In another island. A huge old woman looked at the newspaper as well and laughed.

“Mamamamama! So that Shiki is finally dead huh? What a fool, to be defeated in East Blue of all places!”

The old woman no longer cared and tossed the newspaper to the side.

Another island...a large man with long black hair and horns looked at the newspaper as he let out a cold and grim grin.

“Heh. Guardian Wing Lucas eh? I look forward to seeing you in the new world…”

Then, on another island, a certain red-haired man with a claw scar over his left eye sighed in relief when he read the newspaper.

Thankfully...Foosha Village is safe.

“Haha! Shanks, isn’t this great? Man, I thought Luffy’s hometown was a goner!”

“Yeah. We should find some time to look for this Lucas.”

“Then party!”

“Hahahaha!”

Shanks smiled at his rowdy crew and looked to the horizon.

“Luffy...I wonder how you are doing right now?”

Naturally, they weren’t the only ones that reacted to this news.

The news had reached all the corners of the world to let the world know...that Roger’s era is ending!

Facing the Red Line, Luffy and the rest has been stuck in this place for a while now as they couldn’t find a way to Fishman Island.

Suddenly, they heard Nami scream.

“Guys! Take a look at this!”

“Huh?”

Luffy and the rest were confused about why Nami would be so excited. Then, they read the news.

East Blue was attacked by a pirate from Gold Roger’s era!? Moreover, Dawn Island was nearly decimated as well!?

Everyone got engrossed in reading and sighed in relief knowing their islands were safe.

As for Dawn Island where Luffy came from, it was also safe due to the intervention of a certain someone.

“Shishishishi! This is great! Lucas saved my hometown!”

“Phew, for a moment, I was really worried there. Good thing Lucas was there.”

Usopp also sighed in relief as he was worried about Kaya and the kids.

“Heh, guess that old man survived this time too.”

Sanji smiled upon learning that Baratie wasn’t affected.

Zoro also smiled and no longer took a look. Instead, he started training once more.

“Yosh! Mateys! Let’s go find Fishman Island and onto the New World!”

“Ouuu!”

Finally.

Days after the Shiki incident. A change had occurred on a certain island, in a certain garden.

A woman was tending to her oranges when suddenly, she saw one of the fruits started to change as spiral marks covered the fruit and its color also changed.

“This is…!”

She knew what this fruit was...a devil fruit.

But what kind of devil fruit it is...there was only one way to find out.

She opened her mouth and took a bite. Soon, she had already eaten the whole thing.

It tasted gross, but she held on.

“...With this, if he still hasn't come to fetch me in a few days, I should be safe to leave alone and help my sister. I’ll just leave on my own.”

Hmm, I guess everyone knows who the 'mysterious' woman is already in the last part huh? Haha XD

Anyway, new move from Lucas. Super OP, and naturally, super drawback as well. Hais, Lucas should really start learning armament haki, this stupid author still won't let him...oh wait, I'm the author! Yohohohoho!

...Cold joke, I know. But I'm sleepy...Ehh, I'll see if I can post another chap today. If not, it will be tomorrow.

Also, join the discord server. Sometimes, I ask people there some stuff about the story and I can also bounce some ideas I have for new stories. Also, there is this Koya bot which is a One Piece pirate rpg bot that's fun to play with and Mudae to snatch some waifus and husbandos. XD There's an NSFW channel as well but that's up to you to if you wanna look haha.

See ya next chap!

166