The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 106 – Back on Track(0.5)
263 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A short while later, Fate and Liza stood in front of the door to Fate’s room, the two having travelled quite a ways throughout the corridors, all while Liza 'regaled' him with her tales of her month while he was 'away' and of how much she missed him, much to his embarrassment. Now, standing in front of his room, he felt strangely hesitant, having heard some of the details of the state of the room, though Liza had left much vague aside from when she come to get him and what Jacob had told her about...

The room didn’t possess much in the way of amenities, but Fate had come to feel extremely attached to his few, meager possessions. His dresser, half-used tin of healing salve, cot, and a few sets of clothes were the only things he owned and he wanted to save them if he could.

-But Liza said that Jacob said that I had tried to stab him with what was basically a massive shiv made out of wood from my cot, so...yeah, I’m really not looking forward to this…

However, seemingly tired of Fate’s hesitance, Liza slid her slender hands along the edge of the door frame as she began pushing the oak door forwards, revealing the shredded edge of the frame that had remained hidden.

Liza: “I suppose that...I shall leave you here to change while I attempt to uncover the whereabouts of Lord Jacob, though this one is sorry to say that I am unsure as to his exact location and thus, it shall take time…”

Fate nodded to her, motioning for her to exit the room, which she did so gracefully, as she did a slight curtsy before leaving and shutting the door behind her. Now, Fate began to change into his new clothes, while examining his various injuries.

He had bruises in several spots on his chest, a thin slash mark that appeared to have been made by a bladed weapon and that was covered by a long strip of gauze that wrapped around his left shoulder, a similarly thin slash across his forehead, his knees were riddled with scratches and scabs, and there were still more injuries that he couldn’t even see.

Fate: “Haaaaaahh...F***ing hell, man…”

Fate’s eyes moved to the destroyed remains of his cot, while he continued to dress himself, observing each of the bloodied stamps, thin slashes, and spherical indents in the walls with a strange fire burning in his eyes...

-I wonder...could I do it…?

However, he quickly dismissed his hopes of being able to replicate Jacob’s level of technique any time soon, as he hadn’t even fully recovered yet, and, as such, didn’t have much of a chance of competing with a seasoned fighter like Jacob.

-Speaking of not fully recovered…

By this point Fate had already finished putting on his new clothes, and was admiring how well they fit him. He now wore a long-sleeve shirt coupled with a neat, black vest, both of which fit him perfectly. Instead of the worn, somewhat baggy pants that he’d had to roll up, he now possessed a pair of black trousers that cut off around the end of his knees, and that were fastened around his waist with a simple brown belt that didn’t seem to be of a high quality.

This seemed to be the entirety of what Jacob had provided for him, but he felt that these suited him nicely, and paired with his new hair, he felt like a new man. However, Fate felt that his body had slowed slightly, and even as he was pacing around the room, he could feel something was wrong.

Fate: “Status.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Fate
HP: 98.36/174.94
MP: 61.80/61.80
Level: 0
Race: Human
Age: 4 year-old(4 year(s), 2 month(s) (22+ years old)))
Job: None
Previous Jobs: None
Titles: 【Familiar of Fate】

Afflictions: 『Mental Corruption - (Lv.6)』
--------------------------------
Stats:
Strength: 19.156/24.599 (↓(-5.443))
Endurance: 39.0/46.0 (↓(-7))
Wisdom: 8.765
Intelligence: 9.0
Stamina: 21.3/25.333 (↓(-4.033))
Agility: 14.336/17.969 (↓(-3.633))
Fortune: 10.0
Magic: 32.986 (↑(+2.586))
---------------------------------
Passive Skills:『Balance - (Lv.3)』, 『Natural MP Restoration』
Active Skills: 『Mana Manipulation(Minor) - (Lv.6)』, 『Fire Magic(Minor) - (Lv.5)』, 『Meditation - (Lv.3)』, 『??? - (Foundation Established(34.2%)』
Unique Skills: None
Equipment: Fate’s Status Slip(Soul-bound)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Fate: “The hell is this…?!”
...

[Chapters completed this week 1.5/7]

 

4