The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 132 – Reason for Living(5)
144 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fate’s mind began to race, as the chilling possibility struck him, trying to comprehend what was happening…

His mind had collapsed under the assault of Jacob’s ferocious bloodlust, and, seemingly immediately after, he had found himself transported to what he had at first believed to be the ‘black sea,’ only to find out that his location was completely unknown to him.

Now, after pushing himself to what he believed to be the limit of his stamina, and nearly reaching the mysterious sun that now shone its light into the strange, turquoise sea, he found himself restrained by an unseen force that held him in an almost vice-like grip…

-Can’t be...I can’t be dead! Jacob...would a guy who’s kept me alive for this long just...end me by splitting my head open?! Plus, the Witch...I’m pretty sure she hates me, but I don’t think she’d ruin her plans by letting me die, right?!! She brought me to this world for a reason, right?!!!

True, the Witch would most likely not let her【Familiar of Fate】that she had gone through the presumed trouble of discretely reincarnating into Ilthea to die, at least not before he had fulfilled whatever role he had to play in her overall plan...but even with that said, Fate couldn’t bring himself to rule out the possibility…

After all, with the pathetic state he had been born in and the slow progress of his training, the Witch would’ve had to change her strategy, wouldn’t she?

For example, she could figure out a way to grant Fate some sort of ability, no matter how minor it might be, that would allow him to escape the manor and grow more powerful before beginning his mission, or, in a much worse case…

-M-maybe...maybe she just decided to cut her losses...oh, god, what am I saying?!! Do I want her to abandon me to die?!! She chose me because of my situation, and she still...w-wait…

Fate’s eyes opened wide, as his panicked mind quickly decided on his next action...

-Status!

His mental cry of this word to the corners of the unfathomable ocean depths should have heralded the appearance of the mysterious slip of paper that contained his precious data, which would have allowed him to perhaps gain some understanding of his situation…

[Blub...blub...blub…]

One second...two seconds...three seconds...time continued to slowly tick by, but the familiar glow of the spectral, blue page did not emerge within the deathly calm waters… 

He continued to wait, nervously and rapidly biting his lip, as his trepidation surged…

-S-status...status...status! Status!! Status!!! STATUS!!! 

Fate repeatedly screamed the word, with his hopes continuing to diminish with each fearful shout! But, no matter how he called, or how many times he called, nothing changed…

Time continued to pass, with his cries becoming more and more desperate, and he was still slowly growing farther and farther away from the warm glow of the mysterious sun…

-PLEASE!! STATUS!!! WITCH?!! ANYONE?!!! I CAN’T BE DEAD, I CAN’T HAVE DIED ALREADY!!! HELLPPP!!!!!

His original goal for his calls became blurred in his mind, as he now simply began crying for help like a terrified child…

[Blub...blub...blub…]

However, nothing changed, no matter whose name he called, with the sea remaining devoid of any sign of life, save for himself…

He soon realized that no one was coming to help him...he was alone. This terrifying reality caused his hopes to completely wither away, as anger slowly began to overtake him... 

-W-what did I do wrong...why do I have to end up like this...why did I have to be born into that family...how is it my fault that I got dragged into this sh*t, it wasn’t like I had a f***ing choice, so why the f***ing sh*t is the world f***ing me over like this?!!!!

Burning hatred seethed within his soul, as a furiously burning light flared to life in the panicked and somewhat dead eyes that fixed themselves directly on the distorted sunlight!

-You motherf***ers!!! What the hell did I do to you?!! Was it because I even managed to live this long that you hate my f***ing guts?!!! Mother, you absolute b*tch, you f***ing made my life a living hell when I had barely spoken a word to you!!!

 Jacob, you senile piece of sh*t, you wanted me to be your student, but what kind of student do you force to fight a f***ing monster when he’s not even five years old, and then proceed to kill when he can’t move?!! What the f*** would you have even taught me, how to become a crazy-ass old coot and torture kids?!!

Everybody back on Earth, those goddamn backstabbers!!! They’re the reason I ended up in this sh*t, even if it was some glorious god’s master plan!!!

.

Fate continued to curse at every single name he could think of, his former friends, teachers, his family, convenience store and finally, once he had run out of names to call, one more found its way into his mind, who was for him, the worst one of all…

-And then there’s the, oh so glorious Witch of f***ing Fate...SERIOUSLY, IT WAS SUCH A F***DAMN GENIUS PLAN TO PLACE ME IN A MURDEROUSLY ABUSIVE HOUSEHOLD, IN SH*TTY BODY THAT CAN SOMEHOW MOVE AROUND ALMOST RIGHT AFTER ITS BIRTH, BUT HAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST STATS I COULD’VE EVER IMAGINED IN AN ISEKAI!!! 

Wait...actually...THAT’S A F***ING SH*TTY IDEA, YOU DIDN’T GIVE ME ANY SKILLS THAT MIGHT ALLOW ME TO ESCAPE, AND THE MOMENT YOU SHOW UP, AFTER FOUR GODDAMN YEARS, YOU LECTURE ME ON THE HISTORY OF THIS WORLD AND PROCEED TO WRECK MY SH*T AND PAIR ME WITH SOME...THING THAT CLAIMS IT’S ME!!!!

He continued venting in his furious frenzy, screaming for what seemed like hours, letting loose every single thought, no matter how damning or small that had built up in his brain over his entire second, short-lived life!

The light from above continued to dim, as he drifted downward, leaving a trail of fury-packed bubbles in his wake, which had been captured by the sea when he had attempted to release his furious screams…

...

However, once he exhausted all of his frustration, allowing his mind to begin to cool, the full reality of the situation began to sink in, once again, but to an even greater degree than before…

-Sh*t...

He hated the Witch with a passion, but, realistically, if there was someone who could rescue him from his situation, it was her. But now, he had cursed her in every way he knew possible, and if she had heard him...he might have just ensured his doom…

Even if he was already dead, wasn’t she a Goddess? Fate shivered at the thought of what powers she might be able to use to torture him, if she got her hands on his soul...

-W-wait...Witch...are you t-there…? L-look...I’m sorry I just said all of that...I…!

Fate’s terrified instincts were crying out to him to take back his words, to try and somehow enable him to escape this horrible situation...but his mind, on the other hand, although similarly stricken with fear, wasn’t regretful of the thoughts that had left it.

Every single word that had filled this sea had come from his true and honest thoughts, why should he feel any sort of remorse for speaking his mind, literally! In other words, what stopped him from apologizing or truly regretting the things he had ‘said’ was his own pride...

-...I...listen...I can…!

However, he could think of nothing to bargain with that the Witch might save him...After all...she already owned his soul...

4