The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 55 – Fortune(6)
936 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liza had finally left the room, and although Fate was still dealing with some emotional hang-ups, he managed to steady himself. However, there could be no denying that it had felt good for him to let out a great deal of his pent up emotions.

 

-I can’t believe I did that and yet...I’m still kind of glad that I did. I mean, back on Earth I never talked about this kind of stuff with anyone...probably because I was a friendless, autistic nerd who didn’t like sunlight...but even with my family, I could never bring myself to just...let it out! 

 

His theory about his...being an ‘autistic-nerd’ with an aversion to sunlight... might have been subject to questioning, but there was no doubt that talking to his family had been a challenge. However, his family members, their friends, and even his own estranged friends had chosen to kill him for power...thus, telling them about his feelings probably wouldn’t have changed anything, at least in Fate’s eyes it seemed that way.

 

Yet, somehow he had finally gained a shoulder he could cry on and had become a shoulder himself, in turn. Finally, it seemed that he was gaining a new sense of purpose, which he had lacked in this world since he arrived, other than his need to be stronger and escape, of course.

 

-Why doesn’t she hate me though? I didn’t think that burning and crushing someone’s arms was somehow a facet of friendship...and I’m very certain that it still isn’t, even if I’m just pushing my own standards onto people. Also, I really hope she’s not secretly a super-dedicated spy for Mother...that’d be a nightmare…

 

Fate fearfully considered the possibilities of this new bond that he craved was fake but could think of no reason why someone who was faking friendship to kill him would so earnestly pour out their emotions like that. Though his senses regarding the emotions of others were not quite adept, he could somehow feel that the tears she shed weren’t a falsehood. 

 

After a while of contemplation and reminiscing over that moment, which he now swore to treasure, Fate remembered a certain alert that had appeared when he had escaped the strange ‘nightmare.’

 

As it was of a nature concerning the one stat of his that hadn’t been able to increase or even understand, he was captivated by such news…

 

Fate: “Journal, status page!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Name: Fate
  • HP: 206.16/206.16
  • MP: 61.80/61.80
  • Level: 0
  • Race: Human
  • Age: 4 year-old(4 year(s), 0.9 month(s) (22+ years old)))
  • Job: None
  • Previous Jobs: None
  • Titles: 【Familiar of Fate】

--------------------------------

  • Stats: 
    • Strength: 24.599
    • Endurance: 46.0
    • Wisdom: 8.765
    • Intelligence: 9.0
    • Stamina: 25.333
    • Agility: 17.969
    • Fortune: 10.0
    • Magic: 30.4

   ---------------------------------

  • Passive Skills:『Balance - (Lv.3)』, 『Natural MP Restoration』
  • Active Skills: 『Mana Manipulation(Minor) - (Lv.6)』, 『Fire Magic(Minor) - (Lv.4)』,       『Meditation - (Lv.3)』, 『??? - (Foundation Established(34.2%)』
  • Unique Skills: None
  • Equipment: Fate’s Journal(Soul-bound)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Fate gawked at his new stats, marvelling at the degree at which some had shot up, such as his【Strength】and 【Endurance】, but the real kicker was the two stats that were at the bottom of the list.

-Is this a joke or a present from Jesus for not dying?! The 【Fortune】stat that’s been idling away has finally decided to get a job and 【Magic】got a promotion from extreme, noob pleb to just a regular,  noob pleb! Not to mention that my magic-based skills have gone up...but what the hell is this mystery skill that says ‘Foundation Established?’ 

Fate: “Regardless, thank you Santa!”

Fate’s was full to the brim with excitement at these new developments, but no matter how much he tried to admire everything else, this mystery skill repeatedly drew his attention. He tried interacting with the page to observe the skill, however, it denied access, meaning that...he didn’t know what it meant.

It didn’t sit well with him, but he had no choice but to accept that he would have to fulfill whatever requirements there were to unlock it, an event that he looked forward to. 【Fortune】, however, was a much different story as there was information readily available since he had already acquired it.

-------------------------------------------------------

【Fortune】: The forces of fate, destiny, and fortune are said to be immutable, unchanging, yet this cannot always be said to be true. The tales of heroes, monsters, demons, and gods are wrought with overcoming their terrible fates, but only you can determine your path in the days to come, however, it is said that one can change their life by accomplishing the impossible...or the unaccomplished...

Fate’s【Fortune】Attribute: Luck(Unlocked) - Ever felt like you’ve been cheated out of life or have fallen on hard times because of one little screw-up? Luck changes all of that, at least depending on how far you can go with it! Raise yourself up to new heights by going and doing what no one before you could, surpass terrible fates and rise to riches with the most unexpected tool in the adventurer’s arsenal, dumb luck!

Skills to Unlock: 『Fortune Teller - (Locked)』, 『Aesop’s Shop - (Locked)』, more skills will be revealed when requirements are fulfilled, including the unlocking of previously revealed skills.

------------------------------------------------------

-...Sh*t. I was expecting something epic from that description of heroes, monsters, and gods…! But it was dumb luck?! My power to influence my destiny...is a f*cking skill that the description of it sounds like it was written as a crappy advertisement pitch?!

Regardless of how dumb it sounded, the power of luck and misfortune could not be underestimated. If a force that was too often used as an excuse by people for their problems truly had power in this world, what could a person who could effectively wield it become?

 

Fate, exposing himself to the possibilities that something as odd-sounding as luck could hold, could only think of one appropriate image...slots.

However, he disregarded these delusions for a more important focus...worrying about what Jacob was going to instruct him into tomorrow…

 

Fate: “Haaaaah...no use worrying about it since I finally have a real shot at learning how to fight in this world. Let’s be honest, it wouldn’t look good if the...never mind, I’m gonna sleep that sh*tty train of thought off track.”

 

With this embarrassment of a short speech, Fate fell asleep like he had most nights, but happier than he’d ever been since coming to this world…

The sound of waves echoed in my ears...and by the time I realized it...I was back above the black sea…

...

18