Part 5 – Illusory Revival
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing Fanz dead and his soul leaving his body, I asked him in Ghost Language, "Hey Fanz...can I have some of your spirit essence?"

 

Fanz's soul looked at me with ridicule, "Can you take it from Hel's lap? Could you fight the warrior of Freya? Can you stop Loki?"

 

"If its Loki, then yes. Loki is a frequent customer of my master...in fact, he still owes my master a few favors." I nodded as I reached out unceremoniously and grabbed onto Fanz's soul.

 

Fanz struggled for a bit but in the end, a part of his soul was taken. While I was calming down this agitated soul, Fanz let slip and called me "mortal". When I heard this, something dark inside me welled up. "Wait Fanz...you're not human?"

 

When I received the answer, I was immediately elated. Without permission from Fanz, I grabbed my Skinning knife and removed Fanz's face.

 

"No worries Fanz, I'll use this mask for the better of our guild. Plus, there's a reason I removed the fleshly face from your corpse. With this spirit essence I received from Loki, I can forge a mask that will reconnect your body with your soul. Freya has already spoken. You will get a title that will tell everyone that you are one of Freya's warriors. Plus you'll get a blessing so don't feel bad."

 

Taking the face, I activated Maker's Domain and made a powerful B-rank mask:

 

Wrath of FanzZeta: B-rank

            • Non-transforming mask
            • No cooldown
            • Permanent/No-limit
            • Indestructible
            • Stamina Drain 10% per hour

Special Abilities:

            • All abilities of FanzZeta can be used.

*If FanzZeta wears this mask, he will enter Berserker King mode and all his stats and capabilities x10

 

"Thanks Fanz."

 

Then, I took the vial of FanzZeta spirit essence and made a binding mask:

 
Soul of FanzZeta: C-rank

  • Transforming mask
  • Binding mask
  • No cooldown
  • No-limit
  • Indestructible

Special Abilities:

  • Binds FanzZeta's soul to his body - resurrecting him.
  • Receives blessings from Freya, Loki, and Hel
  • Spiritual connection with Freya increases x3

Satisfied, I deactivate Maker's Domain and placed the Soul of FanzZeta on his corpse.

 

Soon, Fanz resurrected but he seemed pissed for some reason. "This isn't how I'm supposed to revive Khaos. You ruined it!"

 

Immediately after those words were said, the surrounding area suddenly cracked. I looked at the cracks that were increasing in the sky and on the ground. *SHATTER* The whole placed shattered as if shedding an illusion-type layer. I looked around, everyone was still fighting and Fanz was still dead.

 

"Could all this have been an illusion?" I asked myself.

 

But when I looked a the Wrath of FanzZeta in my hand, I realized that it may not have been an illusion but an alternative timeline created by the demon orc. So in the timeline created by the demon orc, I resurrected Fanz and created Soul of FanzZeta and Wrath of FanzZeta. But in the actual timeline Fanz was still dead...but how did the Wrath of FanzZeta appear in my hands?

 

Could it be that because Fanz vehemently rejected the resurrection, it shattered the timeline? So the Soul of FanzZeta shattered along with that timeline since it tied in with Fanz's resurrection. However, because I still kept Wrath of FanzZeta, it did not shatter and I was able to bring it over to this timeline.

 

I looked at Fanz's soul and said, "It seems like resurrection will depend on you now, here's Wrath of FanzZeta. Don't ask me where I got it from."

 

With that said, I departed from the scene. How Fanz revived is not my story to tell.

0