Part 6 – Greed Overcomes All
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Charging with my fellow adventurers, the Lizardmen, and the manipulated Orcs, we arrived in front of the seething Demon Orc

 

In unison:

 

"CCCCHHHHHAAAARRRRGGGGGEEEEE!!!" Adventurers roared.

 

"KKKKKKIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!" Lizardmen screamed.

 

"OOOIIIIINNNNNNKKKKKK!!! OINK! OINK!" Orcs oinked (sorry don't know what orcs would say).

 

Everyone charged to attack the Demon Orc. Fireballs blazing, swords flashing, arrows piercing...but nothing seems to be effective against the Demon Orc. His wounds healed at an ultra fast rate...our most powerful attacks were ineffective and only served to tickle him.

 

Laughing, the Demon Orc swung his huge weapon, instantly pulverizing tens of Lizardmen and Orcs. My fellow adventurers decided that if physical attacks and magical attacks won't work, then they would try dishing out curses, hexes, poisons, basically any long-lasting debuffs.

 

Looking at what seemed to be a hopeless battle, I pondered at what I could do to help. With my materials limited, I cannot make a powerful mask to help out my fellow peers. Suddenly, an idea popped into my head. I looked around to see if anyone was looking my way before I slipped out and left the scene of the battle.

 

Now, many might think I was scared and ran away...nah, it was just a strategic retreat. Moreover, I had another objective I wanted to finish. With an army as big as the Orcs', they must have some sort of treasury or wealth...right?

 

I hurried towards the fortress and entered quietly. Looking around, I saw that there was no one here. After rummaging around, I finally found the storage room. Expecting to see rare treasures, I was left with disappointment when I saw mediocre weapons, some different herbs, a book or two, some metal and crystal ores, and what looked to be at most 500 silver.

 

Not surprising now that I realized that the Orcs had only ransacked small villages up till now. I carefully looked at the items and found that most of the weapons were on their last bit of durability. The herbs were mostly used for healing while a few were used for poison and burn relief.

 

The books, surprisingly, were the basic acupuncture and basic bloodletting techniques. Apparently, someone in one of those ransacked villages wanted to be a doctor (doctors and healers were different in that doctors don't know magic).

 

Looking at the ores, I found that hidden within the pile of regular metal and crystal ores was a fist-sized moonrock. Hmmm, this might come in handy.

 

Realizing that it was late, I stored all the items in my bag and hurried out. It seemed that many of the Lizardmen and Orcs were dead and most of my fellow adventurers have retreated. The Demon Orc seemed to be half stuck in a portal. It might take him some time to get out. Checking one last time to make sure I didn't miss anything, I left and headed back to the tavern.

0