PROLOGUE
816 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Between the worlds of the Living and the Dead, runs a river; a river that carries the Shadow to the Light. On the banks of this river looms the Twilight zone.

Somewhere in this Twilight zone, I lay in a stagnant pool. Murky darkness sips into my consciousness and numbs my senses. I have been thrown here as a punishment. For, I had sinned against Hell.

I, a Shadow Spirit, the soul of a dead demon, had fallen in love! That is a sin enough to be torn into pieces and be fed to Hell fire there.

Instead, they threw me here. Why, I'll never know.

A strange sound enters my ears. A sound of water coming from afar; gurgling, spinning water; churning from the bottom of a deep pit.

A flood rushes into the pool and bears me far. I float in the dark river downstream. Slowly, a faint light starts to show far ahead. I can hear a sound.

A sound of sobbing!

Curious, I try to focus my mind. I can see a room filled with bright light. A hospital cabin! In the white bed lies a little child. A woman sits by her side.

The sound of sobbing came from the woman!

I look at the child. I can see that she is dying, her life flickering weakly. A few moments, perhaps, and her soul will be shattered, turning the warm, little body into a corpse!

My eyes fall on the sobbing woman. Her mother, perhaps? No, she seems to be in her sixties. A grandmother, then?

But, she looks so sad! It breaks my heart to look at her.

If only I had a heart to begin with!

From deep within me, a strange feeling bubbles up; something akin to pity!

I make up my mind.

Inside the child’s brain, a small light flickers; the light of her soul. I lay my finger upon it. The Shadow merges with the Light.

14