CHAPTER TWO: THE REVIVAL
700 6 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“A river runs through our hearts,” she had said. “A river connects us all.”

I didn’t understand her then. Her head was full of weird ideas anyway.

I think I know now.

So many days have gone by. On the banks of this river Time seems to stand still. Her face floats on its surface; her voice rings in its ripples. Why can’t I let her go?

For, this is my fault that she had been banished. I had held on to her soul even after she was gone, knowing perfectly well that a Demon is not allowed to hold on to the soul of their dead mate! They couldn’t cast her soul away. They couldn’t send it floating down the river that carries the Shadow to the Light; the Dead to Rebirth.

So they had banished her; sent her floating into a stagnant pool in the Twilight zone. “Cast her away from your heart,” they had said to me. “She is still anchored there. We can’t send her floating downstream as long as you do not send her soul afloat!” They had told me.

I had tried, but in vain.

But she is no longer there in that pool!

The river has flooded it and swept her away. No one knows how such a miracle can happen!

Where is she gone now?

I’ve followed her trail. I’ve followed the river that she believed to be connecting us. And I have found her!

In the shadowy grove I stand watching her. A Shadow Spirit in a human form! How beautiful! And yet, how menacing!

I watch her as she summons her elemental powers and strikes the human girl there. Why is she so much hateful?

I try to reach her soul, but it isn’t there anymore!

It has merged into the Light, become one with the human soul!

It can’t be! It’s never going to work this way!

She runs away, leaving the girl writhing in her agony of death. I make up my mind. I’m not dead yet. I can’t merge myself with the Light.

I wait there. As the last breath leaves her body, I enter it.

Mahoba has arrived in your world.  

9