CHAPTER SEVEN: CONFRONTATION
534 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Told from Mahoba's Point of View

I've been uneasy all day. She hasn't come to school. After the attendance is taken, the teacher asks if anyone knows about her. Someone says that her granny is ill and is taken to the hospital. 'So that's why she hasn't come!' I think.

 

During the recess I go looking for this boy, Ruy. He is two years senior than us, a student of the uppermost class. I find him at the playground. 

 

I stand there, watching him playing football with others. I can see why this girl, Lina was obsessed with him. He is too beautiful for a human, too full of life!

 

I can also see why Ruhan isn't fond of him. She hates things of perfect beauty. She has an uncanny propensity towards destroying them. I have always been an imperfect, ordinary one. Perhaps, it was the reason that she loved me all the more.

 

But that's all past now. She has forgotten all about me!

 

I turn away from the field and start walking towards the classroom. The memory of Ruhan clinging to his body and kissing him madly returns to my mind, stabbing me with a pain which I have never known before. So this is what they call jealousy!

 

As I walk someone comes from behind me and starts walking side by side with me. 'Ruy!'

 

 I focus and look inside his mind. He is confused. He can't understand why this girl, who was clinging to him only the other day, is suddenly cold and unresponsive towards him. Does he like Lina, then? Does he love Mimo? I stand there, facing him, trying to look deeper into his eyes.

 

I can only see a narcissist, full of himself! But there's also a fascination, a fatal attraction towards all things beautiful. 'That explains his attachment with Mimo, then!' I think.

 

As I stand there, lost in my own thoughts, his lips move. He is saying something.

 

"Are you coming to Jojo's birthday party tomorrow?" I hear him saying.

 

It takes a few seconds for me to look for this information inside my memory. Then I try to smile. "I guess I'll." I say without enthusiasm.

 

"See you there, then!" He says and turns away.

 

I smile and shake my head. Being a narcissist, he can't help amusing himself with the attention of others. But I'm not yet ready to amuse him. My heart is too full of hatred and anger.

 

The day goes by slowly. I decide to go look for her after the school is over. It won't be tough for me to find her as I can follow her trail anywhere.

 

And now I stand in the shade of the old warehouse. The eerie moonlight plays hide and seek with shadows. A cold wind blows in my face, bringing with it the sickly sweet smell of some unknown wild flower. My heart burns with rage and hatred.

 

Why do I have to see her in this way? Why does she have to come here and to forget everything about me? Why? 

 

I feel shattered. My soul crashes into millions of tiny pieces of broken glass, scattered all over the place, splattered with the blood from my pierced heart.

 

My Demon soul seethes within this frail human heart. Envy, jealousy, hatred- hitherto unknown emotions come flooding me and I feel breathless under their crashing weight.

 

My rage begins to take form. The viper hisses and crawls towards the two human bodies entwined together, oblivious of their surroundings.

 

Do I want to kill her? What am I even thinking? I realize that I've made a blunder. But before I can do anything she becomes aware of the snake. I am amazed by her lightening fast reaction! The Shadowy Spirit in her seethes in violent rage. I can sense her turmoil even from a distance. Then she resumes her calm exterior, but I know she hasn't calmed down from within.

 

Here she comes. She knows Lina is here. I prepare myself for the confrontation.

 

******************************

 

In the shadows of the warehouse we stand, facing each other. Lina's pretty face is livid with anger. Her amber eyes blaze with hatred.

 

"What are you doing, Mimo?" She asks in a scathing voice.

 

"What are you doing here? Why are you following me?" I snarl at her. 

 

She closes her eyes and inhales deeply. "Why are you playing with him?" She asks.

 

"Because I love him?" 

 

"You can't love him, Mimo. He isn't your type." Lina's voice is so confident that I falter for a moment. Then I gather myself. I mean to be offensive and hateful to her. Particularly, to her. 

 

I can't forgive her for choosing Ruy over me. I can't forgive her for holding me responsible for Ruy's indifference to her.

 

"Well, I really don't love him. But I love to make out with him. Is that alright with you?" I ask, smirking. Hearing my words, her face darkens.

 

I don't give her a chance to speak. "I'll feed him and then I'll eat him. Keep him away from me, if you can! But I think he won't listen to you now!" 

 

Hurling the words at her I wait to see her reaction. But she just stands still. I try to look into her eyes. What I see there startles me. There is a feeling of bitter sadness in her eyes!

 

"How come that you don't remember anything..." She murmurs.

 

"What do you mean?" I can't help but ask.

 

"Nothing!" She says vaguely and tries to get past me. I'm standing at the gate of the building and in order to leave it she must go past me.

 

As she brushes past me I block her path with my body and grab her hand. She is pressed against the wall of the broken archway and her body starts to tremble. I pin her hand to the wall and lean in. With her free hand she struggles to push me away. But I just tighten my grip on her hand and press her more to the wall. My nails dig into her soft skin and she winces in pain. But I don't relent.

 

"Stop following me!" I hiss. "I'll do whatever I wish to do with him. You can't stop me there!"

 

I let her go. "Just leave me alone." I say and start walking away from her. 

 

 

 

5