Chapter 41- Going against orders!
8.8k 13 229
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the novel except for Serena, Anabelle, Arata, and Seth, there wasn't much mention of the mob characters who came on the expedition with Team A.

There wasn't much need for it since after Arata got locked in the Treasure room, all of the students got evacuated out of the temple and a special team of soldiers arrived on the scene.

Since Seth was never much aware of them from his previous life, he believed that these extra characters would not be much of an issue.

But he took things too lightly.

One of the students in the group who previously asked Seth about which path to tread on, Lizel, the assassin class warrior, suddenly pulled everyone's attention with her childish shout.

"Hey! I can feel something from here! Woah……"

Lizel almost started jumping on her feet when her unbound Soul Energy caught up to temptation.

Lizel didn't even think before applying her energy to the attraction before a runic symbol emerged over the wall, astonishing everyone except for Seth.

The Professors were also surprised to see that a not-so-reliable subject was able to discover the Treasure room which even the President was about to skim over.

The door to the inside of the Treasury was instantly engraved on the plain granite wall before it parted abruptly.

**KRIIK**

Like a rusty door that had been kept closed for years, the two blocks slowly got pushed apart as the scene of the inside greeted the group of students.

Arata's eyes were shining since like everyone he knew what this place was. He surely didn't see something like this in his memories but that doesn't matter.

"Halt everyone."

A couple of students including Arata were already set to walk inside without waiting since they knew this room doesn't wait for anyone endlessly.

There was a certain period after which the treasures waiting inside would be closed off to the outsiders and cease from existence, once the Temple's core was destroyed.

Arata frowned since they didn't have the whole day to think and proceed.

"Wait for what, President? It's undoubtedly a Treasure Vault. Won't it be wise to catch the fish when we have the chance?"

Mostly everyone had the same reaction since it didn't make any sense why Seth was stopping them from entering inside when such a possibly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity landed just in their arms.

Seth knew it was pointless to argue with them when his initial plan was already sabotaged by Lizel. But he wanted to try and stop this event which might become his potential reason for death.

"You all have already been taught that not everything inside a Treasury is a fortune but still behaving like an impatient child? Disappointing."

His stern voice made everyone hush down since the reason Seth scolded them was a valid point if thought rationally. Despite being a very rare occurrence, the Treasure room was also known for dangers that humanity never seemed ready for.

However, Arata had different plans.

Seth's reluctance to let him inside seemed rather suspicious as the black-haired youth spoke in a slightly cold tone.

"Aren't we here to gain field experience? And getting to know about unexpected encounters like this, couldn't be a better opportunity, don't you think President Seth?"

Arata was going inside the Treasury even though Seth rejected the proposal since he already took the permission of the headmaster. Arata had been allowed to take action according to what the situation demanded even though his superiors are against it.

Anabelle had her murderous gaze fixated on Arata upon hearing the way he was talking to the President. But right now, she has no other option than to wait and exit this Temple before she can take any step against Arata.

Seth was about to say something which might have proven futile anyways when Professor Cedric put a hand over his shoulder and whispered in a low tone.

"I think it's better to let them learn, President."

Seth knew it was just advice from the professor but denying the suggestion and still persisting in not letting Arata and the co. entering inside would only raise suspicion.

With a deep exhale, Set didn't say anything and just stepped back as he gathered his Soul Energy.

The group looked at each other with a blooming smile, before they followed Serena and Arata's lead to the vault.
Serena unsurely followed Arata since the latter grabbed her hand and pulled her without her consent.

Well, she was also curious about what was hidden inside which led to no sign of reluctance from her side.

Everyone except for the two instructors, Seth and Anebelle slowly entered inside while looking around the empty dark room. Undoubtedly trying to locate the hidden jewel.

But that was just their delusion.

"!!...something is wrong…"

As Arata saw Serena walking forward to check the runes engraved on the wall, he felt something was not right. His senses flared to the fullest. Crying to run away right at that instance.

The first person Arata's widened eye fell on was his childhood friend but that was too late.

**KHRIIK**

The big rusty door started closing off as the professors widened their eyes in shock and screamed out for the students.

"Everyone back out!!"

"It's closing. Retreat at this instance!!"

Despite their cries carrying a mild Soul discharge, nothing influenced the students as they stood right at their places like time was halted for them.

"It's futile. There was a wave of Cursed Soul I felt which must have frozen them at their spot. I have to do something about this… "

Seth walked to the border of the two rooms as he extended his hand and concentrated on the two students nearest to him.

"Students Anabelle. You know what to do, right?"

Anabelle who was standing just beside Seth to ensure his protection flinched upon being called. Hearing him say her name always made Anabelle quite shy but she knew it wasn't time to act like a maiden or Seth might get mad at her.

Nodding she stepped backward as two of the students levitated out of the room and landed on the ground through Seth's psychic abilities.

Since they felt a surge of Curse power through their vessels, it was important to purify them soon or their core might get corrupted. And for such a job, there was no one better than a healer.

"H-How can we help, President Seth?"

The two professors were nervous vividly since it was their suggestion to let the students venture inside despite they heard what Seth primarily decided.

Seth had no time to reprimand them as he shooed them away without holding back.

"Just walk back and don't disturb me."

The two of them did as they were ordered and helped the fallen students.

Focusing on his front, Seth utilized his newly found powers to change the plot at any cost.

'Damn… it sucks to be a villain! '

__________________

A/N: - If you are confused why Seth is so persistent in not letting Arata get a power boost from the Treasure room is because of….

I will explain this in later chapters.

Peace out ✌️

229