Chapter 45- Fenrir!
8.5k 8 220
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Serena since childhood had specific kinds of early morning views.

During her time in her family mansion, she usually woke up because of the habit that her parents instilled inside her to become a perfect noblewoman.

After leaving the sheds of her family, when Serena came to the Academy, she got accustomed to a pretty much relaxed morning where she didn't have to force her eyes to open.

The new wall and curtains of her dorm room also gave a peaceful vibe which she was not allowed to have in her room back in the family mansion.

But none of that morning could be compared to what she had woken up to today.

The first thing her eyes landed upon exhausted all her drowsiness in an instant and sent a numbing sensation through her mind.

It wasn't clear what she was watching right after waking up but from her instinctive glance she could see the same Temple she was left alone with the President there was illumination available now with some blow torches hanging on the walls.

Even the room seemed a little more spacious or maybe Serena was hallucinating it.

But what made her the most startled was the creature against whom Seth was facing.

It was an almost eight feet tall Fenrir with white thick fur covering its whole body from head to tail. Its sharp fangs were protruding dangerously from either side of its long canine maw. Its golden eyes were focused on the man in front as it growled in pain and evident anger.

Both of the emotions from the creatures derived from the fact that the human in front was able to inflict wounds on it despite being so mismatched in strength.

Seth was huffing slightly with his dagger held in reverse grip and some spots on his own body, bleeding actively.

He actually never slept last night completely and kept his vigilance surrounded since he knew this pup would be arriving any time now.

Without the knowledge of his past life, Seth might have died with the initial attacks that Fenrir targetted with. Thanks to the fact that Seth prepared notes for situations like this with the knowledge of his last life.

He knew where to hit the wolf and so he did.

Behind the pup's ears. The hind legs and the tail. Once any of these three are bisected, the creature would start to disintegrate since that's where its Runic core is situated.

The runic core depends on the danger level of the creature. The more disastrous they are, the more cores they possess to be targeted.

Power comes with vulnerability as well in these corrupted creatures.

**AWOOOOOO**

This was the second and possibly the last [Deafening Howl] of the Fenrir which it used just upon arrival and right now. The howl as it is named makes every living entity deaf within a region without making them even aware of it.

That was why Serena woke up late even though a battle was ongoing just some feet apart.

The invisible sonic waves had no counter without Soul Energy which left Seth no choice rather sacrifice one of his senses for the time being.

Serena was once again thrown to oblivion since her hearing vanished all of a sudden. But she wasn't a child to not understand the plausible cause behind it.

If not for the fact that Seth deliberately numbed her whole body through pressure points she might have joined the battle which only caused Seth more problems.

She wasn't aware of the cause of her disability which made her bite her lips in frustration.

Seth had his eyes wide apart on the enemy as he studied its next movement. Since Fenrir is one of the most pride-sustaining creatures like the Phoenix, Seth was assured that the creature won't attack Serena.

The wolf had only one prey in its eyes.

*Woof*

With a huff, the Runic creature left its spot and vanished in its background through its
Camouflage skill.

Seth had no option rather than to depend on his instincts since his eyes weren't at that stage to track the pace of a Legendary Grade monster.

"President! On your back!"

Serena's shout never felt relevant since Seth already had pulled his guard just upon sensing the cold chills making their way from that direction.

Seth didn't have time to turn toward the creature nor had the motive to let it disappear once again so he took the chance and swung his dagger vertically from down to up.

*KIOOOWW*

By the stroke of luck, Seth was able to impale the wolf's throat successfully as a muffled growl reached from his back before Seth turned to confirm his hunch.

The sight of the massive pup from this close was frightening but the seven-inched metal through its throat made the image more pleasing.

The Fenrir's weakened state made it impossible for it to remain standing still as it staggered back slightly but the golden pupils never left its prey position.

Seth knew it was his chance so without delay and created an invisible thread between his and the creature's head. This technique required minimal Soul Energy so the rate of Seth's core corruption was low as well.

He felt the burning sensation inside his whole body but the focus was to connect the thread and end this battle once and for all.

Serena looked in awe and bewilderment since what was unfolding was simply out of her comprehension but the way Seth handled the wolf right now made her extremely overwhelmed.

She never knew a person still in school could be such a proactive warrior as well at times.

'Sleep. '

Even though it was faint, Seth knew he had connected with Fenrir's subconscious and didn't delay transmitting the instruction.

The resistance backlashed heavily which gave Seth a throbbing headache but he had enough resistance to not falter at this golden opportunity to end this brawl.

'Sleep. '

Another command and the slow growl of the creatures started to diminish and the golden pupils also began to blur visibly.

The staggering limbs weakened further as the Fenrir felt extreme heaviness weighing down its rational consciousness.

'Sleep.'

And with the last push from Seth's side, the Fenrir finally dropped down to the ground with its eyes shut forcibly.

The dagger was still bleeding the creature actively but that doesn't cut the thread for at least five minutes from now.

Seth didn't have time. Once the creature gets out of its slumber there was no doubt that its berserk side would greet next.

He had to detach the tail or the ear in one swift slash and for that Seth required a blade.

However, other than his dagger there was only one blunt weapon available which Serena brought with her.

Seth didn't have time to ponder and there didn't seem any possible route to cut the tail off without the beast noticing it.

Then suddenly it clicked…

Seth instantly went to Serena before kneeling in front as he spoke in an urgent tone.

"You have anything sharp with you?"

Her ears were still ringing but it seemed Serena heard his words somehow or maybe read his lips.

Seth was aware that Serena carries a knife with her for her self-defense. His last hope resided whether she carried it in this Temple or not.

Fortunately, Serena nodded her head before Seth sighed in relief.

"Great."

Seth instantly started to go through her clothes which were still thrown on the ground but even though the dress was thin, Seth was unable to locate the knife.

Suddenly, Serena's hesitant voice reached up to Seth and made him realize how wrong he approached his search.

"Umm… President… It's in here…."

Since he was racing against time Seth instantly turned to look for whatever coat or anything she was offering for him to search but when he followed her eyes…

**Gulp**

'...they are really big…aren't they…

________________…

A/N: - Some ecchi moments since he would be leaving Serena's side for a while.

Drop a comment and Happy New Year.

220